Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

4.3

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene, Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Carbon Black.

on 9/2/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this eyeliner! I have really oily eyelids and I put in a concealer with powder on them with eyeshadow and then the eyeliner and I loved it, it didn't smudge or transfer!

on 8/27/2015 12:03:00 AM

I LOVE this tattoo liner, the lines it makes are flawlessly clean. It almost always has a clean line to it and when it doesn't, it's easily fixed by giving it a quick shake with the lid closed. 10/10 recommend to everyone I know!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My all time favorite liquid liner. The pigment is dark, dark black. The formula is easy to apply, glides easily, dries quickly. The felt tip brush keeps its shape very well, which is important with a liner like this. Stays on well, but easy to remove at the end of the night. Good amount of product in the pen - lasts a long time. Nice point on the felt tip makes a cat eye a breeze.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have very small eyes & eyeliner is a MUST for me and I've tried a ton. But let me tell you...it doesn't get much better than this! No smudging (note - I do use an eyeshadow primer) And ALL day wear. Love it!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this liner. But, it's supposed to be waterproof. When I have eyes that decide the be watery, I'm hesistant to wear this eyeliner because it will either smudge, or it will all come off.

on 8/22/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a delux sample of this as a VIB rouge perk and shockingly I loved it. I say shockingly bec I have literally tried every liquid liner and all have left crease marks w/I mins (the only one I can use is by Marc Jacobs) this I had on 15hrs and it did NOT BUDGE & looked fresh the whole day/not

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I tried this liner today and it smudged horribly into my crease--enough that someone stopped to tell me so! The color wasn't as dark as Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner. The pen is very easy to use though. First impressions aren't good but I'll give it a few more tries and update this post.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff is bulletproof! I have repurchased multiple times:))

I have super oily skin, most liquid liners slide off and fade on me, but this one stays pigmented all day!

Love how dark and black it is. I receive compliments about my liquid liner all the time and people want to know what I use. For me, this is validation that I'm going to continue repurchasing.

on 8/7/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Tattoo Liner is definitely one of the most popular liquid pens on the market. It seems to be part of the Sephora sales associates standard uniform, because most of them wear it. Kat Von D has a lot of fans because it's a cruelty free brand that's easy to find at Sephora. However, I was disappointed in Tattoo Liner, and every time I give mine another try, I'm reminded of why I bought several other eyeliner pens from other brands after this one.

I have a problem with Tattoo Liner transferring and smudging on the inner corners of my top lids. I have this problem with a few liquid pens, not just this one. Smashbox was a disaster, too. Even with eyeshadow primer, even powdering before, even with all the extra help Tattoo Liner could get from me as far as technique, this smeared. So after I bought this and gave it a fair shot, I went on the hunt for something better. I bought Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner pen, and to my great delight, Stila's doesn't wear off as easily and I don't have to fiddle with it throughout the day. So between the two, Stila's works better for me personally, and they are around the same price.

However, I love the indie vibe of Kat Von D's company and the cruelty free policy. She's young, she's trendy, she has a nice powder foundation, and the concealer is great. I've had the Lock-It Concealer for a while and it's one of my favorites. I do think this liner has a few pluses. It is easy to use, inky dark black, and good for a dramatic line.

But it also flakes off in little black chunks, smears and smudges, and rubs off. It's NOT long-wearing, and it's not worth $19. Stila's lasts MUCH better on my lids. And Bobbi Brown gel liner will stay even if I don't use eyeshadow primer, even if I use a cream shadow and no powder. It just lasts longer.

Clinique's Pretty Easy pen stays in place better than this, too. Kat's Ink Liner pen may be a different formula, and maybe that one's okay. I bought mine last year. Maybe the formula is different now, because lots of people seem to love theirs. But I've owned this for awhile now, and it's definitely not "bulletproof," nor is it the best. It's just an average liner that smears.

on 8/7/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG liquid eyeliner! I own this in Trooper, which is a richly pigmented matte black. This is waterproof and smudge-proof when it's allowed to set for a minute (even without a primer.) I like the fine brush tip of this eyeliner as it makes it easy to draw a thin, precise wing on my upper lash line. It's about the same price as the Stila waterproof eyeliner, which I also own. I feel the Stila one isn't as pigmented as KVD's and it has a glossy finish, which I'm not into. I owned my tattoo liner since April 2015 and it's still working just as new (I use this every day too) and I will keep repurchasing Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper when I run out.