Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

4.6

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Tapioca Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 17/6 Copolymer, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Bis Methoxyproplamido Isodocosane, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only thing worse than itchy skin is stepping out of a shower and having skin that feels all slimy with lotion that won't sink in. I freaking hate that feeling. I like this lotion largely for the fact that it sinks in super quickly, but I decided I really liked it once I realized that it works quite well too. Not as well as, say, my gold bond anti bump lotion (that stuff is a miracle,) but the gold bond isn't stuff you can just slop on and go. I use the Curel itchy skin body wash too, as a side note, and I'm liking it even more than my aveeno.

Also, my bottle smells absolutely nothing like dead fish. Or maybe I've broken my nose too many times and completely lost my sense of smell, who knows?

on 3/22/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This lotion is ok, but in my humble opinion it is not the best that Curel have done. I'm in love with their targeted lotion for Hands and cuticles, and their targeted lotion for feet, both HG. This is not the case with this one, it's definitively not moisturizing enough for my really dry and sensitive skin. I used it on my legs after shaving and I had to add more later as it was not moisturizing enough. For someone who need light to medium hydration, that might be perfect, but for me it's not enough.

I love the pump bottle and I love the smell too, clean, creamy smell but really soft.

on 3/19/2015 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been on the hunt for a good lotion after I had to give up my HG Cetaphil since I found out I'm allergic to macadamias. I can't stand the smell of Lubriderm and this was a little less inexpensive, so I picked this up. it's not nearly as moisturizing as the Cetaphil, but with daily use it's not too bad... I didn't realize it's potential until recently when I tried CeraVe, which costs twice as much, didn't do anything for me. my skin was so parched, there was no way I could wait until that bottle was used up. I'll be using this and keeping it on hand until I can find something... The one thing that ticks me off about the packaging is the top of the pump comes off easily and won't stay on. I often lose it and then have to open the bottle every time instead. it says it's good for eczema, which I don't have, but I'm not so sure it would be enough.

on 6/18/2014 8:52:00 PM

Fantastic product! Most moisturizers smell great but don't moisturize but this unscented lotion is very effective. I don't need to reapply after a few hours, the price is great so this is a winner for me!

on 2/23/2014 2:48:00 PM

I would never buy this again. I purchased two bottles of the Curel Itch Defense, one for me, one for my daughter. They both smelled like dead fish as soon as we used it. The company was kind enough to send me a new bottle and this one seems ok...but I would never spend money on it again just in case I had the same problem. I've read other reviews and several others have had the same problem. I have never had a problem with any other Curel product and will continue buying them.

on 11/25/2013 10:47:00 PM

I have had hives and eczema for over a decade. This is the only lotion I use for my whole body. There is really no scent and it is soothing to my rough, itchy skin. I even use it on my face if needed!

on 7/8/2013 4:01:00 AM

I tried two different bottles of this lotion and they both smelled like old fish. It was so pungent that I threw out both bottles. They were completely unusable.

on 7/4/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is AMAZING as a facial moisturizer. Creamy, sinks in quickly, and has a lovely velvety texture that dries to a matte finish. Great under makeup. And, it's completely unscented.

on 6/20/2013 2:53:00 PM

What a great product. I don't have eczema (that I know of) but I have suffered from extremely dry, itchy skin for quite awhile. I experience this itchiness mostly when I get out of the shower and ESPECIALLY after shaving. I have found myself literally on the floor crying because the burning and itch become so bad. I finally discovered that if I shave my legs under water while in the bathtub, it prevents some of this burning but that is also not the most ideal situation. My mom heard some good things about the Curel Itch Defense lotion and suggested I give it a try. I finally did and happened to shave my legs a few days after purchasing it; sure enough, I wasn't out of the shower long before the itch and burn came on. I grabbed my Curel, slathered it on, and what do you know? About 30 seconds later, the itch and burn had subsided and within about 5 min, I didn't feel anything bothersome. I hope this product continues to work for me because I have needed a life saver from the itch and burn that accompany extremely sensitive skin. I am praying I have found my HG lotion!!

on 5/12/2013 6:11:00 PM

A fantastic product, and so reasonably priced. Advanced ceremide formula makes this product really effective. it relieves the itchiness of my eczema prone (lately) skin, moisturizes right through any tough layers, is non-greasy, non-shiny (I hate shiny hands), and has a mild fragrance. Have already repurchased. Love it.

Update: I still like this product Ė 3rd time purchasing it. It does a good job of delivering immediate softness and relief to skin and lasts all day. However I think I forgot why I hadnít purchased it in a while - I will only be using this at night now. The reason is I used it all over today and now at work whenever I use my desk, my arms are sticking to the surface Ė so not so great on that count. Iíll keep this for evening/before bed and for chapped lips and dry feet and hands - just won't be using as a daytime moisturizer in the summer anymore...

Popular Lotions / Creams