Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 7/4/2015 8:05:00 PM

I bought this foundation when i had serious acne and i wanted something to cover it all. I used to use it every morning followed by my concealer and that was all. It did cover my problematic skin pretty well but it does not look natural. now that my skin has cleared up I dont use it on an everyday basis. When I use it (usually when I go out at night) I use a thin layer just to cover my redness and it looks flawless. my skin is normal with an oily T-zone and I always use a mattifying primer on this area and I am oil free all day. With only the foundation I can get away with maybe 5 hours before it starts to look shiny and it will melt if you are very oily. Overall it is a pretty decent foundation but I dont think I would repurchase.

on 7/4/2015 6:14:00 PM

Best way to apply it: your fingers or a dense flat top kabuki brush

Coverage: high medium (not full, but almost there)

Texture: more on the thick side, very creamy, very blendable, spreads easilly. I can feel I have foundation on. It doesn't bother me, but I know many people don't like that feeling.

Finish: between matte and dewy, leaning more matte. Even being almost matte, even giving me almost full coverage, it still looks pretty natural, which I think is the most amazing feature of this product.

Packaging: Good! I have the European one, with a pump, thankfully. I can imagine the pumpless bottle would be annoying, being it a thicker texture.

Color match: (on NC25ish skin) 021 Nude looks a little more pinkish than I would like in the tube, but it isn't too noticeable on the face. Maybe Classic Beige would be more yellowish, but it looked a bit too dark on the tube.

Does it oxidize? No

Skin type: Normal, matturing, with oilyer t-zone and drier patches around the cheeks.

Smell: I don't notice any

Longevity: really really good. Even if I don't set it with powder, it goes on all day. It might develop a little shine on the nose area after 4-5 hours, but nothing major, a little blotting fixes it quite easily.

Does it break you up? No

Overall rating (1 to 5): 5

Will you repurchase it? I don't see why not.

Such a beautiful foundation! I prefer it 10 times over the Revlon Colorstay, which gives me the same coverage and lengevity, but tends to look more cakey (I have the combination/oily version, maybe the normal/dry would be different?)
I use it more on Winter time, because in Summer I prefer to use lighter coverage foundations or BB creams. Also, because it makes my face look so flawless that it wouldn't look natural compared to the rest of my showing skin. But if you do like full coverage foundations on an everyday basis, I think you'll love it year round. I cannot speak for really oily skin types, though.

on 4/26/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and I am desperate for a makeup product that will keep most of the oil away for at least seven hours, so I did some research on Maybelline's SuperStay 24HR Foundation. I ended up buying it so I could try it out. The packaging has no pump, but I'm not so bothered by that. My main concerns for a foundation are the coverage, how natural it looks, and how well it controls my oil. The coverage for this foundation is medium to full. It looks pretty natural when you first apply it. However, it did not control oil very well for me. Within four hours my t-zone and cheeks were oily. I was not doing any strenuous activity, all I did was go to church and come home and sat around the house. If you are going to buy this foundation, I would recommend buying the Revlon Colorstay foundation instead. The Colorstay provides a little bit more coverage, but still looks natural. And it controlled oil for me a little longer than the SuperStay.

on 4/23/2015 10:25:00 AM

I have oily skin with dry patches where blemishes are clearing up. The shade I use in this foundation suits my skin perfectly, however it's not for me overall. In the morning after I've first applied it it looks great. I was convinced at first use this was going to be my new go-to product. However, by lunchtime I find that it's patchy and looks flaky and dry. One thing I did notice is that I have oily skin and this seemed to keep that at bay! Shame as the product seems so promising once first applied!

Not for me - there is a distinct lack of golden or yellow shades in this range so I tried the nearest match, a sample of Nude (21) and although it looked too peach or pink in the tube it actually looked just about okay on my skin. But it was very runny, provided very little coverage and the finish was unimpressive. Four hours later it seemed to have disappeared. And it brought me out in lots of spots.

on 3/18/2015 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG foundation, great coverage, last all day...

on 3/16/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not sure if the formula has changed but I rediscovered this foundation. I used this foundation years ago and did not find it as durable as Revlon Colorstay. When I started using it again, I found out it works better than Revlon CS for my very oily skin. First and foremost, if this foundation smells off or oxidizes too fast on your skin, it has been sitting on the shelf for too long. If you get a fresh bottle of this, it does not smell and it will not oxidize on your skin. The second note is that the shades in this foundation work better for some of us. I am NC30 (maybe not as yellow). Classic Beige works great on me. The third note is that Revlon CS dries and dehydrates skin after a while. This does not it. I always look at my face after washing off the foundation to see how hydrated it is. After using Revlon CS, my skin becomes really dry and dehydrated. After washing off this product, my skin looks great. the fourth note is that this foundation does not work well with primers and honestly, you do not need a primer. The fifth note is that it has better coverage than Revlon CS. I do not think Revlon CS is buildable and when you pack it on, it looks like a mask. This does not. I wear this with bronzers or blushes but it works great with powders as well. I am not surprised of the quality of this product in comparison with Revlon because Maybelline is one of L'Oreal companies and L'Oreal provides better quality products than Revlon. I think Revlon is mostly like MAC. Revlon and MAC may look good but the quality is missing. In any event, if you find a good match for your skin tone, you should try this. It is much friendlier than Revlon.

on 2/25/2015 10:24:00 PM

I have used this as a never fail favorite for good reason . It matches well and covers great while looking natural. Always a go to foundation.

on 2/5/2015 12:53:00 PM

My mum uses this, but I don't think it's too good.

on 12/9/2014 9:44:00 PM

I loved this foundation when I first applied it. It went on and blended smoothly with my buffing brush. The color was good and after using a translucent powder I was completely matte. Sounds great right? Well after an 8 hour shift my face was shiny-I don't even have overly oily skin- and I was orange. It looked like I took bronzer and applied it too my whole face with out blending it down. I had higher hopes for this foundation because as much as I love my tarte foundation I can't afford it all the time.