Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 4/26/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and I am desperate for a makeup product that will keep most of the oil away for at least seven hours, so I did some research on Maybelline's SuperStay 24HR Foundation. I ended up buying it so I could try it out. The packaging has no pump, but I'm not so bothered by that. My main concerns for a foundation are the coverage, how natural it looks, and how well it controls my oil. The coverage for this foundation is medium to full. It looks pretty natural when you first apply it. However, it did not control oil very well for me. Within four hours my t-zone and cheeks were oily. I was not doing any strenuous activity, all I did was go to church and come home and sat around the house. If you are going to buy this foundation, I would recommend buying the Revlon Colorstay foundation instead. The Colorstay provides a little bit more coverage, but still looks natural. And it controlled oil for me a little longer than the SuperStay.

on 4/23/2015 10:25:00 AM

I have oily skin with dry patches where blemishes are clearing up. The shade I use in this foundation suits my skin perfectly, however it's not for me overall. In the morning after I've first applied it it looks great. I was convinced at first use this was going to be my new go-to product. However, by lunchtime I find that it's patchy and looks flaky and dry. One thing I did notice is that I have oily skin and this seemed to keep that at bay! Shame as the product seems so promising once first applied!

Not for me - there is a distinct lack of golden or yellow shades in this range so I tried the nearest match, a sample of Nude (21) and although it looked too peach or pink in the tube it actually looked just about okay on my skin. But it was very runny, provided very little coverage and the finish was unimpressive. Four hours later it seemed to have disappeared. And it brought me out in lots of spots.

on 3/18/2015 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG foundation, great coverage, last all day...

on 3/16/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not sure if the formula has changed but I rediscovered this foundation. I used this foundation years ago and did not find it as durable as Revlon Colorstay. When I started using it again, I found out it works better than Revlon CS for my very oily skin. First and foremost, if this foundation smells off or oxidizes too fast on your skin, it has been sitting on the shelf for too long. If you get a fresh bottle of this, it does not smell and it will not oxidize on your skin. The second note is that the shades in this foundation work better for some of us. I am NC30 (maybe not as yellow). Classic Beige works great on me. The third note is that Revlon CS dries and dehydrates skin after a while. This does not it. I always look at my face after washing off the foundation to see how hydrated it is. After using Revlon CS, my skin becomes really dry and dehydrated. After washing off this product, my skin looks great. the fourth note is that this foundation does not work well with primers and honestly, you do not need a primer. The fifth note is that it has better coverage than Revlon CS. I do not think Revlon CS is buildable and when you pack it on, it looks like a mask. This does not. I wear this with bronzers or blushes but it works great with powders as well. I am not surprised of the quality of this product in comparison with Revlon because Maybelline is one of L'Oreal companies and L'Oreal provides better quality products than Revlon. I think Revlon is mostly like MAC. Revlon and MAC may look good but the quality is missing. In any event, if you find a good match for your skin tone, you should try this. It is much friendlier than Revlon.

on 2/25/2015 10:24:00 PM

I have used this as a never fail favorite for good reason . It matches well and covers great while looking natural. Always a go to foundation.

on 2/5/2015 12:53:00 PM

My mum uses this, but I don't think it's too good.

on 12/9/2014 9:44:00 PM

I loved this foundation when I first applied it. It went on and blended smoothly with my buffing brush. The color was good and after using a translucent powder I was completely matte. Sounds great right? Well after an 8 hour shift my face was shiny-I don't even have overly oily skin- and I was orange. It looked like I took bronzer and applied it too my whole face with out blending it down. I had higher hopes for this foundation because as much as I love my tarte foundation I can't afford it all the time.

on 9/5/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great drugstore foundation, awesome price and great coverage. Worked well with my oily skin too although I would need to plot through out the day or apply powder but for the price you can't really complain.

on 9/1/2014 4:39:00 AM

I love this foundation! It's true to its name, lasting 24 hours, and provides fantastic coverage. It does have a tendency to get oily, so I set it with pressed powder. I wear Sandy Beige and apply it with a Beauty Blender over my Olay moisturizer. It provides full and even coverage every time, even helping disguise the bags under my eyes. I have redness on my cheeks and around my nose, but a thin layer of this makes my skin look perfect (but it's also buildable for more problem areas)- getting me plenty of compliments on my complexion. I recommend this to anyone looking for more full coverage!