August 29, 2014 | 1818 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I really like how this looks in the pan but on my skin it does not look as good. It looks sorta orangy and turns more orange as the day goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mellow mauve hello there, you look so beautiful in the pan my dear. Let's go home together ok ?
The next morning, You didn't " preform" as I expected honey , but your still beautiful.

Mellow mauve is well, mellow. She looks quite dark in the pan but when applied is a very subtle beauty. This would be perfect for those geared toward natural makeup. I found I could not easily over do. Not a ton of pigmentation.

Light pink/ mauve. Buffing it on the back of my hand I notice the slight light purple irradiance and very very small silver glitter. I didn't notice until I was in low lighting and up close. But it's ok because it's beautiful. I'm really liking this especially since I love bold lips and clean liner, this goes well with that.
The texture is somewhat dry but workable and blendable. I found this is a lot like cover girls soft mink, except cover girls has a lot more shimmer/sheen and pigmentation .Color wise they are extremely close. I love soft mink, but wished sometimes I could have the color without the shimmer. Mellow mauve, hey honey!
Around 6 hrs wear, 3 dollas, pretty face, worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by angelajj74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this blush! quality, color, packaging.....it had it all and for a GREAT $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by shiry7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read an article that said Tarte Exposed is a great natural-looking blush on most Asians. I was curious, but don't have a Tarte-sized budget at the moment so I looked into dupes and found out about ELF's Mellow Mauve. I must say the color really is super natural looking on me. As someone who's struggled with trying to figure out why those beautiful pink and peach blushes never quite looked right, this is a revelation! It does have an ever so slight iridescent glow to it though. Honestly, I'd prefer it to be matte, but it's barely noticable. This is a great everyday, natural look type of blush, and yes, the color looks great on Asians (or at least this one!).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first brought this home I was really diggin the color from inside the box but once I got it out&opened the compact It was a bit of a let down..it looked darker in the store&in the package.i tried it& didn't really see anything.seriously didn't look like I applied any blush, so I put it back in the package&bagged it up& promptly forgot about it.a month later I found the bag&decided to give it another go.i found I actually kinda like it. If u are dark tan I don't know if you will see anything but mabey a slight sheen. I'm my winter shade around nc30ish & this gives just the tinyist hint of color just a hint no mater how much I swirl or dig my brush in, I cant get anything other then the barest hint of color..on me its almost like a very unpigmented bronzer. But even so it does actually look pretty expecially for light makeup days or if you don't want your blush competing with anything.it has a slight sheen(none of that glitter crap) that you don't expect in the pan that makes it glow a bit.it looks healthy..It doesn't last super long mabey 4hrs. This 1 suprized me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This particular shade is wonderful if I want to achieve a "no makeup" makeup look. It adds just a bit of warm color to my cheeks without making me look done up. I can also add a light wash of it to my eyelids to brighten my eyes a bit.
I love E.L.F.'s blushes because they're pigmented, but not so pigmented that they're hard to control, and they blend beautifully. They also last for a good while on my oily skin.
It's $3. We don't even need to discuss how awesome that is.
Packaging is classy and perfectly functional. It's sturdy, has a mirror (I hate compacts that don't have a mirror), and the matte black finish and minimal print makes it look quite attractive.
Definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this blush....beautiful color, even on my fair/neutral, freckled, redheaded skin, lol. Never goes on patchy and the price point is freaking awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Giron0922

This blush is awesome! It kind of reminds me of Tarte's exposed, but this one seems to be slightly lighter and more pinkish. It has no glitter just a wonderful shimmer and glow! Love it one of my favs!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by bnreese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this blush color! The pigmentation is fantastic. I have to reapply it throughout the day, but for the price and the perfect color for the fall, you can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

ELF Mellow Mauve is a very trustworthy blush, the color and pigmentation are fool-proof. I can wear it everyday if I want to, except I won't because I have too many damn blushers to be using just one. But you could if you are not a blushers hoarders like I am.
The color to me is plummy pink with subtle bluish shimmers. Unless another person is standing two inches away from me or I am painting my face for the stage, the shimmers are just enough to give a glow, nothing like a ghastly disco ball. The powder is smooth and blends beautifully, last on me up to 6 hours. Pigmentation is nothing like let's say Black Radiance Raspberry blush, but still more than decent. Quite frankly, I like this level of pigmentation; the color shows up and I don't look like a fool playing with makeup especially since it is winter and I have gone disturbingly from NC35 to like NC 20ish. However, if you are a lady of darker skintone, let's say NC 45 and deeper, I am afraid this won't show up on you. Plus, this thing is only 3.25 including tax. You can take it on the holiday, throw it in your makeup bag and will not cry a river if you break or lose it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No