October 1, 2014 | 1201 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Victoria's Secret - Victoria's Secret Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this primer! I've seen it on every beauty blog and had heard so many good things. Unfortunately, it did nothing for my make up. It didn't make my skin look any different or make my foundation last any longer. It did give my skin a nice velvety feel, but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ItsMeStephD

I loved this primer a lot of reviews talk about the smell to me it smells like a regular primer. It goes on my skin great and does not feel oily at all. I got the luminous primer and I love the subtle simmer in it. I also love the pump bottle. It made my makeup look fresh all day. I LOVE it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got the new packaging and the normal (not oil free) version of the product.....horrible cystic breakouts, plus the pump broke within a week. So disappointed. It felt amazing on the skin and made my makeup look great, but the other factors were a huge let down. So sad, I probably would have loved this if it still was in the old packaging and didn't make my skin freak out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

HG! totally. i have tried many, and i have been using this for about a month and i absolutely LOVE this. Leaves my makeup looking flawless. It controls my oil and it is very light weight. The only thing is the smell is not super appealing, but i dont care. it doesnt linger. I recommended it to my friend and she also loves it. It's $18, which is way better than any other high end primer out there that does not do what it claims.

I'm buying this again once i run out! It's the bomb dot com!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by akharri785

I really wanted to love this primer! It's essentially a close dupe of Smashbox and other department store primers at a lower cost, in better packaging (at least in my opinion because I prefer pumps over tubes). The first few days of using this, I was impressed at how well it compared to other department store brands I'd tried before. It applied like velvet, sank in quickly, left my skin looking very smooth, and my makeup applied well over it. I also loved that it had SPF.

Unfortunately though, after a few hours, I definitely felt the grease kick in. I even purchased the oil-free formula of this primer but it still made my skin oiler much faster than other primers I have used.

However, what really disappointed me was the reaction my skin had to it. The first few days it wore fine (despite the need to blot more often, it still kept my makeup looking nice) but after about three days of wear, it started to break me out. I wasn't sure if it was this exact product that was causing the breakout so I decided to switch around a few things to see what was doing it. Sure enough, it was this primer. The next time I used it, I broke out in an allergic reaction to where I had applied this on my face with red, itchy bumps and super dry patches.

My skin isn't terribly sensitive but there are some products out there that will irritate me, especially certain moisturizers and primers. So ultimately, I would pass on this. You could give it a try if you don't have any issues with oil or have never had any skin reactions, but I would recommend keeping the receipt just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Makes your skin velvety smooth and helps your make up last all day! Loved it! Will continue to buy especially for the price of $18 a bottle, way cheaper than most primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by j3n3l

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm currently on my second bottle of this stuff and I have to say I love it.
The packaging is easy to use. The pump squirts out probably a pea sized amount which is perfect for covering my entire face. I use this stuff when I'm looking to keep my makeup in place all day. I'd say this stuff keeps my makeup looking like I just applied it for around 12 hours. It is incredibly silky smooth on the face, and I honestly don't find it that greasy. I have oily skin in my t-zone and the rest is normal to dry end this keeps me feeling well moisturized throughout the day. It has really small shimmers in it but it's hardly noticeable on my face. My FAVORITE thing about using this product however, is the smell. It almost smells like sunscreen to me, and reminds me of the ocean. With this product having SPF 20, I'm not surprised. Would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer blends very well and I love that it didn't leave a white consistency over my skin. It made my makeup very easy and smooth to apply and it's not very drying to the face. But it made my skin so oily. I've even tried applying it in small amounts over my face but it still did nothing. Makes a great primer for people who have dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a travel size version of this primer in a VS "Prime and Glow" makeup set. This went on my face velvety smooth but it did little in the way of giving my makeup a smooth "flawless" finish. My makeup went on the same as before I didn't notice a difference at all. I have sensitive skin and this primer didn't break me out so I'm grateful for that... This has a great feel, but this just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I work in a mall, and I recently had some time to kill after work. I wandered into Victoria's Secret and was poking around the cosmetics section. I found this primer. I was a bit hesitant, because it was a bit more than I wanted to spend on a primer. But I figured it was worth a try. So I purchased it. Now, I wish I had saved my money. I do like the scent of this foundation.

First, the packaging on this primer is pretty awful. When I first opened the bottle, I discovered that the pump had gotten stuck inside the cap. It took some manuevering, but I was able to get it out again. But this is definitely not something I would want to mess with every day. This primer also has a very watery/runny consistancy. I also think this primer is overpriced. I paid $18.90 for 25 ml. To be honest, my expectations for this primer were pretty low, so I wasn't really all that surprised or disappointed when I didn't like it.

Even though this primer claims to be oil-free, it feels very greasy, almost slimy. I also had a hard time getting it to absorb into my skin. No matter how much I rubbed it in, it still felt like it was just sitting on the surface of my skin. After I had the rest of my makeup on, I noticed that this primer also has a shimmer to it. It wasn't excessive, but it was definitely noticeable. It also didn't do much in the way of mattifying or controlling oil. It also didn't make my foundation last any longer. I also noticed that my face itched slighly after I had it on. All in all, this primer is just not worth the money. I ended up returning it to Victoria's Secret and will not repurchase.