October 30, 2014 | 1568 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Amarantheon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Now Foods brand grapeseed oil for about 2 months now. I use it all over my face (even eyelids) and anywhere else that needs mosturizing. I love it! I have oily, acne prone skin but this oil does not break me out and does not make me oilier... In fact, I think my face is LESS oily. I have not had any major pimples since I started using this (I had a few cysts before I started)... Just the usual little zits I get here and there during the month (hormonal, I think). My purplish/red acne scars are very slowly but surely fading away. Skin looks and feels really nice. I like the light sheen it gives. I also don't have the red and irritated outer corners of my eyes anymore. It has definitely exceeded my expectations and I won't ever go back to using lotions!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great oil for cooking (have been using it for years!), however it is also good to use in a body lotion and even add to the masks, remove make-up.
I mix it in a mask (avocado, cucumber and grapeseed oil), however, just recently I have learned that Hemp seed oil is much better.
Grapeseed oil can clog the pores, but hemp seed can't. My esthetician uses hemp seed oil and my skin loves it. Never broke out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I have heard this was one of the best oils for oily skin.
As for my skin it really hates just about all oils!
It makes me very greasy and just do not see any good results from using this in any manner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Grapeseed oil!! I am now following an all-natural regimen for my face and I have decided that I wanted to remove my eye makeup with oil. I tried to do that a couple of years ago with olive oil, almond oil and coconut oil. Maybe I was using too much, but I had the worst experience ever (although I love these oils for other purposes). But on my eyes, it was just too much. My vision was blurry during the day, my eyes were stinging and the bone around my eye was actually hurting!! So I had to stop. I even used jojoba oil recently, I got a similar result although a bit less intense. I decided to use grapeseed oil as my old drug store eye makeup remover had grape extract in it. I just love it. It is very gently on the eye and it doesn't burn or sting. I was bumped after I read a review on google saying that they use harsh chemicals to extract it. That's when I decided to try jojoba oil, but seriously, now I am back to grapeseed oil because it is the best for me. A little goes a long way though, so just one or drops will be enough.

UPDATE:
I have found out after a few months use that grapeseed oil was a bit heavy on my eyelashes. I would experience loss of eyelashes every time I removed my eye makeup. What I did (again) was go back to coconut oil since it is lighter, but I made sure this time to REMOVE the oil really well after usage with baby wipes. These things saved my eyes. I used to wash the excess of oil with plain water and that's why it hurt my eyes so much, but baby wipes remove everything and clean your skin very well. So for all of those out there who have sensitive skin, make sure you remove the oil from your eye area really well so that you don't experience stinging anymore. I still use grapeseed oil with a cotton bud though to remove the excess mascara on my eyelids after i apply my makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by aisabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Background:

I, like most people with combination & acne-prone/sensitive skin, was very hesitant to try ANY oil on my face what-so-ever. After being bombarded by cosmetologists, my doctor and basically any online advice column that oil-free products are vital to treating acne and oily skin, I steered clear of any that listed oil as an ingredient. As a result, I developed extremely dehydrated skin to a degree that I imagine would resemble a patient on Accutane...flaking every time I applied or took my makeup off. Lo and behold, drying out my skin trying to alleviate my dripping oily face only exasperated the problem which of course, led to more breakouts.

Fast forward; after reading about how several oils can actually be beneficial for acne-prone skin, I opted to try Grapeseed oil, reluctantly still. I had some clogged pores on my jaw line and the following day after applying the oil, the plugs just fell out. I then tried it on my forehead, which also...after a day or two became completely unplugged. It's also VERY VERY anti-inflammatory-more so than anything I ever tried before-and full of antioxidants. The first two weeks I loved it so much, I think I applied too much. My makeup began pooling under this stuff as it wasn't soaking in well enough and I also started experiencing dry skin again. Turns out Grapeseed oil is a dry oil. As such, use it sparingly and use it as a spot treatment/blend with your daily moisturizer for unaffected areas.

This oil definitely made me less terrified of using oils on my face. I think I may try jojoba oil to use as a moisturizing component in addition to the Grapeseed oil next to help reduce the drying/astringent nature of the Grapeseed oil.

I guess the point I am trying to make is...anyone who suffers from oily/acne-prone skin...STOP using products that are marketed for oily skin and even acne prone skin. Chances are, these solutions contains alcohol or some kind of sulfate that cuts through oil and leaves your face feeling tight and stripped. Dissolve oil with oil!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the brand Life Flo. After my amazing experience using organic rosehip oil as a night serum/moisturizer, I wanted to venture and try out more oils. This one caught my eye because it is geared towards oily/acne-prone-sensitive skin. Unfortunately, this is most likely the culprit behind my recent unexplainable break out. My skin was doing so well and when I ran out of my rosehip oil I bought this one instead and used it for a week....Terrible idea because my face is broken out in tiny flesh colored bumps and whiteheads (((CLOGGED PORES FROM HELL!!!))) I repurchase more rosehip oil and is back to my normal facewash routine for 3 nights now. So far no improvement but I hope this clears soon....UGH!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use grapeseed oil as a body moisturiser as it is a rich source of Vitamin E and has natural astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. It will not keep as long as some other oils, so keep in the fridge if not in use for a longer period and/or buy in small quantities. The scent is very subtle and not noticeable once applied. Not all oils are created equal, and I found it is best to go for cold-pressed, organic grapeseed oil. It can be found in the supermarket with the olive oil or on health websites like iHerb. Grapeseed oil can be very helpful in reducing and preventing scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the Now foods Grapeseed oil for hair and eye makeup removal. Great oil for hair. I use it to seal my ends after washing and conditioning. It helps to lock in moisture. It's very lightweight and it absorbs quickly into the hair. When dried, my hair feels super soft, smooth and non greasy.

I also love to use it for removing my eye makeup instead of using regular eye makeup remover. I have extremely sensitive eyes, and other eye makeup remover causes irritation. Grapeseed oil is so gentle around my eyes. No irritation and it does an excellent job at removing eyeliner and mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nanderson87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am 26 years old and have been struggling with hormonal cystic acne since I was a teenager. I used to only get 1 cystic pimple on my chin around the time of my period every month. While that was annoying, I could deal with it. But once I moved to Florida 6 months ago, my cystic acne had gotten SO much worse. I started getting cysts on my cheeks and near my nose and forehead, which I had never in my life gotten before. 3-4 would start showing up on my chin, and would last for weeks and then leave hyper pigmentation behind as a sort of sick parting gift. Then as soon as one would go away, in a few days, new ones would form. I would go to an aesthetician to have her zap them or extract them ( if she could, sometimes she couldn't extract them), but I got tired of going to her practically every week, not to mention it started to get too costly for my liking. I must also add that I have tried SO many remedies, both natural and prescription. I have tried the entire ProActiv line of products, Murad, PersaGel (a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment), and salicylic acid (both face wash and spot treatments). None of this had ever worked on the actual cysts, it only dried out my face and made it red, irritated and flaky (especially the benzoyl peroxide based products). I had went to a dermatologist where I was put on minocycline (an oral antibiotic), clyndamicin (which is a topical cream to kill bacteria on your face), and told to wash my face 2x a day with a glycolic/salycilic acid wash. This regimen did nothing for my skin either, other than dry it out. I then tried the completely natural route- I washed my face with honey or yogurt, I used apple cider vinegar as a toner (as I had read on several blogs that this vinegar was magical and would balance my skin's PH), and moisturized my face with pure jojoba oil, and used tea tree oil as a spot treatment. I did this all- natural regimen for a month and did not notice any improvement in my face. I was so discouraged, because I was so hopeful that this would work for me. Fast forward a year, and a move to a very hot humid place, and my skin was going crazy. I became desperate for an actual solution, so I started combing internet blogs again. This time, I came across a blog about Grapeseed oil for CYSTIC acne. Not just acne, but cystic. This person said they dabbed the oil directly onto the inflamed cysts and that in DAYS they were gone. My eyeballs almost busted out of their sockets with excitement. I have learned that just because someone on the internet says something is amazing doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you, but I was getting pretty desperate, so I purchased a bottle of grape seed oil the very next day and did exactly what the blogger said she did. At first, it seemed to actually make the cyst bigger and feel more inflamed, but I didn't get discouraged. That night I washed my face with my regular cleanser, and mixed 2 drops of grape seed oil into my regular moisturizer and put it on my face, including around my eyes (grape seed oil is also good for tightening skin, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles and under eye circles). It felt awesome and absorbed into my skin within a few minutes. I then decided to put 4 drops of grape seed oil and 1-2 drops of tea tree oil together onto a cotton pad and rub it onto my whole chin area. I went to bed and when I woke up my huge, inflamed, angry cyst was so much smaller and way less red, hardly painful and had actually come to a head! (which anyone who has struggled with cystic acne knows that these kinds of pimples NEVER come to a head). Its continuing to disappear as the day goes on, and I don;t know how else to explain it, but I feel like my skin is calmed down and not irritated. I am now a grape seed oil believer and I wish I had stumbled upon the combination of this oil and tea tree oil years ago!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by unconvential87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is really sensitive and I suffer from clogged pores, clogged pores from hell!!!!
I've been there tried store bought stuff, Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, Retin A, Accutane, you name is I've tried it ended up with extremely dry skin and CLOGGED PORES ;( My sister attained a job at a health foods store, where she cured herself of the same condition... I was in awe of her perfect complexion, I asked her how and she had told me "what works for me may not work for you," We then began our quest to clear my skin, OCM first, with Jojoba oil a bit of Castor oil and a few drops of tea tree oil, and for the first time I could see pores on my face. I still wasn't seeing the results I had hoped for, my skin was still quite congested. Together we did research, discovered that sebum becomes thick and waxy (pore clogging,) when it lacks linoleic acid. I did more research and found that organic, cold pressed grapeseed oil has a massive percentage of linoleic acid, where jojoba oil, coconut oil etc... don't!! I now use grapeseed oil on my face morning and night and my skin is getting so much better, its moist and I have a natural glow :) Hemp seed oil is also very high in linoleic acid, so I assume I would get the same effect, but my skin loves grapeseed oil so why would I mess with that. for my body I use a mixture of jojoba oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil. I can honestly say "stay away from harsh chemicals, they will make your face a mess, the simple natural solution is what your body craves". I take a tablespoon grapeseed oil orally as well, along with silica gel and coconut oil and so far so good, nails, hair and skin all look amazing :) worked at first now I truthfully believe It made my face worse, I'm having a break out from hell!!! WARNING. Okay now that's done. I'm now using Hempseed oil, cold pressed of course, Grapeseed oil has a comedogenic rating of 2 so if your like me and already have clogged pores this stuff isn't going to help... Hempseed oil has linoleic acid at 57% and a comedogenic rating of 0 so in other words IT CANT CLOG PORES :) So sorry If I was the cause of your latest break out. try hempseed oil, it's a miracle moisturizer for acne prone skin, I've been washing with a natural Acne free bar of soap, suppose to really help and hey it makes my skin feel nice, using tea tree oil on my WHOLE FACE, crazy right I know, what can I say taking out the big guns, going on a bacteria killing spree. Now tea tree oil is super drying so I put hempseed oil over of it and what do you know my face isn't falling apart. Happy science experiments everyone ;)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No