April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by taxi

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Illamasqua makes the most finely-milled powder blush I've ever used. I love it. It applies so smoothly that it's easy to go nearly naked or intensify the color with a heavier application. No streaking, ever. I don't think I could make it streak if I tried.

Katie is a light clear pink, which is perfect for my daily wear over tinted sunscreen, as I'm quite fair with pink undertones. It also blends beautifully over foundation and translucent setting powder. I like it so much that I got another color as well, Naked Rose, which gives me a warmer look when I want that.

I've even swiped this over bare skin (horrors, I know) for a quick mad dash.

Compared to Laura Mercier, my previous standard (in 5 different shades) Chanel, Nars, Clinique, Revlon, Guerlain and all the others I've used & now discarded, this is like being softly sprinkled with the finest fairy dust in the kingdom.

Took off 1 lippy for the container - it's a nice size, big enough to actually use the mirror, but the catch is a bit awkward unless I catch it just right with my thumbnail.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The most perfect barbie blush pink shade I have ever come across. It's the only blush I've ever bought (and I have many) that leaves my cheeks with a perfect pinky tone without blending into my bronzer and looking a horrible mauve-y brownish color. I look like a doll with it on! And it's only 2 dollars more expensive than MAC's blush in Canada, plus it's pigmentation is to die for and the color is way nicer than anything at MAC. Overall, my favorite purchase of blush of all-time! Will always repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On me, Katie is a pale marshmallow pink and gives my skin that nice porcelain effect. I expected the colour to be even lighter, but it doesn't matter, I love it as it is and for most skintones it will be really pale anyway.

The texture is wonderfully smooth and I don't really have a problem with fallout - I don't swipe the brush across the pan, I just gently press it and it's fine.

As for the lasting power, the first day after I got it I put this on at about 6.30 in the morning, set it with a bit of illuminating powder, spent the day running around Vienna with my boyfriend and in the evening I could still see faint traces of the blusher on my cheeks. Obviously it depends on the type and shade of your skin, but Illamasqua's certainly aren't one of those blushes that just disappear in an hour.

EDIT: OK, be very, very careful with these. Not only are they notoriously fragile, but I was just using this blush and it fell out of the metal pan. Luckily it just landed five centimeters down on my fluffy sweater and didn't break. Now I have to be extremely cautious with it, because I don't really want to drench it in alcohol and try to press it unless I absolutely have to. Wouldn't even dare to travel with one of these. One point off.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd try this blush out of curiousity since it seemed to have great reviews here. Word to the wise: this is not a cool toned pink but more of a neutral tone. It's cooler and lighter than Benefit's Dandelion. Great if you are warm to neutral fair. Not so great if you are cool fair. Also, I've never seen a blush as powdery as this one in my life. Powdery, yet highly pigmented, making it easy to overdue it and wind up looking like a slapped ass. Settled into pores and fine lines. Overall, very unflattering. Back to my beloved Nars Gaiety.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

A beautiful light pink matte color with a cream/white undertone. This blush is sooooo soft and easy to blend. A little goes a long way! You only ned a dab for each cheek. I think this blush gives a really "dolly" effect, and I always feel really innocent when I wear it lol. I would say this is the palest pink I have ever found in any blush, which makes it a really special color to have. Because the pigmentation is so amazing, I think this color would show up on most skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being a blush-manic for many years, this is my top 2 favorite pink blush so far. The other one being more vibrant: Becca beach tint in Lychee.

Back to Kaite: This gorgeous pale matte pink gives you the ultimate baby-doll pinky cheeks. The powder is loose, but got pretty good staying power on me (>8 hrs). It even covers some small imperfections on your cheek since it has a whitish undertone.

Only minor complain: I don't like the big plastic packaging, would love it even more were it slimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know why nobody loves their package! I find it stylish and sturdy. Plus it has a big nice mirror. I hate when I pay a lot and get the product in a cardboard box. Just hate it! I have this one in the duo and find that it compliments my skin tone nice (SB no. 6; Bourjois 52, Guerlain 01). On my skin in looks like a cold pink so I warm it up with ambition. it will be great for winter. Recommend, would buy it again, lasts all day, highly pigmented. The only downside is that when you swipe it with a brush ( I use RT) it ends kind of messy: it crumbles. The powder is spread in the whole compact which makes the mirror and the compact itself dirty. What a product waste :( Just bear in mind, I heard you have to be careful (musn't fall) as the blush gets easily broken.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is absolutely unique, a matte powery, baby pink. It looks so pale in the pan but actually goes on quite pink on the cheeks. Blends beautifully and stays on forever, even on hot summer days.
The packaging is stylish but kind of bulky.
The only thing I don't like about these illa blushes is they are too powdery, a gentle sweep on the pan can turn up a layer of product. So be very gentle with your brush, dip it on the pan instead od sweeping. And since it is quite pigmented, only a tiny bit will do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, large cheek pores and acne prone to dimethicone in blushes!

I am going to more than happily work my way thru the Illamasqua line of blushes, as it doesn't have 'cones in the blush formula (nor Tarte or Chanel). After a long trial and error with NARS blushes (blackhead city), I'm happy to have discovered this line.

Pigmented and without shimmer (necessary for my large cheek pores), and just like any blush brand, you'll just have to find the colors that work for you. Even though I'm sure this is considered a cool toned blush, Katie looks great on my NC25 warm tone skin. The peach toned equivalent, Lover, just looked orange and even a little ruddy on me so that is getting returned to Sephora.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Minxie413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'll start out by saying that Illamasqua makes amazing blushes in general and Katie is no exception. Id describe the shade as a cool, soft, cotton candy/ballet pink. It is a matte, no shimmer or sparkle. The pigmentation of this blush is strong I usually will use a stippling or fan brush to apply it. That being said, this pan will probably last you a good while. One of the things I love the most about it is the silky texture! It is sooo smooth and super soft without being at all powdery. I live in a humid, subtropical climate and Katie lasts throughout the day with little need the reapply. The packaging is plastic, but still seems to be sturdy. Illamasqua is a more expensive product line, but is really is consistent quality. If you havent tried Illamasqua yet, try it!! It leaves up to the hype for sure.