August 30, 2014 | 1823 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ThePinkReview

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect pale pink blush. I have been searching for a true pink blush forever, most are peachy. Katie is a true, blue pink that is silky and builds up to a perfect pink hue. I recommend this for those with paler skin tones. I have had it for over two years and haven't hit the pan yet, so it's wonderful value as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On my pale skin this is amazing. I use Nars Sin below my cheekbones and put this on my upper cheekbones. Even though there is no shimmer or shine, it completely lifts my face. Absolutely beautiful. If this is sold out, Becca' Gypsy is very similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ashleyy1235

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blush! I was however warned that it doesn't travel well by the lady at the counter, hence packaging is marked down. Apparently these are meant to last a couple of years but we shall see! Very highly pigmented so only a minimal amount needed, also the smell is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by taxi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Illamasqua makes the most finely-milled powder blush I've ever used. I love it. It applies so smoothly that it's easy to go nearly naked or intensify the color with a heavier application. No streaking, ever. I don't think I could make it streak if I tried.

Katie is a light clear pink, which is perfect for my daily wear over tinted sunscreen, as I'm quite fair with pink undertones. It also blends beautifully over foundation and translucent setting powder. I like it so much that I got another color as well, Naked Rose, which gives me a warmer look when I want that.

I've even swiped this over bare skin (horrors, I know) for a quick mad dash.

Compared to Laura Mercier, my previous standard (in 5 different shades) Chanel, Nars, Clinique, Revlon, Guerlain and all the others I've used & now discarded, this is like being softly sprinkled with the finest fairy dust in the kingdom.

Took off 1 lippy for the container - it's a nice size, big enough to actually use the mirror, but the catch is a bit awkward unless I catch it just right with my thumbnail.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The most perfect barbie blush pink shade I have ever come across. It's the only blush I've ever bought (and I have many) that leaves my cheeks with a perfect pinky tone without blending into my bronzer and looking a horrible mauve-y brownish color. I look like a doll with it on! And it's only 2 dollars more expensive than MAC's blush in Canada, plus it's pigmentation is to die for and the color is way nicer than anything at MAC. Overall, my favorite purchase of blush of all-time! Will always repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On me, Katie is a pale marshmallow pink and gives my skin that nice porcelain effect. I expected the colour to be even lighter, but it doesn't matter, I love it as it is and for most skintones it will be really pale anyway.

The texture is wonderfully smooth and I don't really have a problem with fallout - I don't swipe the brush across the pan, I just gently press it and it's fine.

As for the lasting power, the first day after I got it I put this on at about 6.30 in the morning, set it with a bit of illuminating powder, spent the day running around Vienna with my boyfriend and in the evening I could still see faint traces of the blusher on my cheeks. Obviously it depends on the type and shade of your skin, but Illamasqua's certainly aren't one of those blushes that just disappear in an hour.

EDIT: OK, be very, very careful with these. Not only are they notoriously fragile, but I was just using this blush and it fell out of the metal pan. Luckily it just landed five centimeters down on my fluffy sweater and didn't break. Now I have to be extremely cautious with it, because I don't really want to drench it in alcohol and try to press it unless I absolutely have to. Wouldn't even dare to travel with one of these. One point off.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd try this blush out of curiousity since it seemed to have great reviews here. Word to the wise: this is not a cool toned pink but more of a neutral tone. It's cooler and lighter than Benefit's Dandelion. Great if you are warm to neutral fair. Not so great if you are cool fair. Also, I've never seen a blush as powdery as this one in my life. Powdery, yet highly pigmented, making it easy to overdue it and wind up looking like a slapped ass. Settled into pores and fine lines. Overall, very unflattering. Back to my beloved Nars Gaiety.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

A beautiful light pink matte color with a cream/white undertone. This blush is sooooo soft and easy to blend. A little goes a long way! You only ned a dab for each cheek. I think this blush gives a really "dolly" effect, and I always feel really innocent when I wear it lol. I would say this is the palest pink I have ever found in any blush, which makes it a really special color to have. Because the pigmentation is so amazing, I think this color would show up on most skin tones.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being a blush-manic for many years, this is my top 2 favorite pink blush so far. The other one being more vibrant: Becca beach tint in Lychee.

Back to Kaite: This gorgeous pale matte pink gives you the ultimate baby-doll pinky cheeks. The powder is loose, but got pretty good staying power on me (>8 hrs). It even covers some small imperfections on your cheek since it has a whitish undertone.

Only minor complain: I don't like the big plastic packaging, would love it even more were it slimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know why nobody loves their package! I find it stylish and sturdy. Plus it has a big nice mirror. I hate when I pay a lot and get the product in a cardboard box. Just hate it! I have this one in the duo and find that it compliments my skin tone nice (SB no. 6; Bourjois 52, Guerlain 01). On my skin in looks like a cold pink so I warm it up with ambition. it will be great for winter. Recommend, would buy it again, lasts all day, highly pigmented. The only downside is that when you swipe it with a brush ( I use RT) it ends kind of messy: it crumbles. The powder is spread in the whole compact which makes the mirror and the compact itself dirty. What a product waste :( Just bear in mind, I heard you have to be careful (musn't fall) as the blush gets easily broken.