Essie Matte About You

4.4

Ehtyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Dissobutyrate, Silica, Adipic Acid/neopnetyl Glycol/trimllitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonum Hectorite, Citric Acid.

I've tried other matte top coat nail polishes but none have even come close to this! Perfect.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am so glad I consulted this site before buying a matte top coat nail polish. I had bought one, checked this site, returned it and bought this one. And I am SO glad I did. It leaves a chalkboard-like finish on your nails and is not like other brands in that it truly does leave a solid matte finish. Don't waste your time, money, and energy on other matte polishes that don't work. You do have to look kind of hard to find it in a store (it is not sold as a bottle, it is inside a box) but the price is reasonable for the result that comes out of it. I have gone through many bottles and I will continue to buy this brand!!

on 5/25/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the most matte top coat that I have ever used. I've tried cheaper alternatives, but they leave a satin finish instead of a matte. I finally gave in and bought the highly-praised Essie one. While I do not like Essie color polishes, I really liked this top coat. It went on even, dried fast and did not streak like most Essie polishes do. I don't like the brush, though. I find it too skinny, even for my small nails.
If you're looking for a matte top coat, don't waste your money on others. Just go with this one. If nail artists like it, there's a reason!

on 9/8/2014 2:56:00 AM

At first it gives a great matte look. After a few days it wears off. Over all great product and would buy again.

on 8/28/2014 10:45:00 PM

very very very matte. really good to create that matte effect- makes nails super dry looking. I cannot speak for the wear of the product... as I can't get any polish or top coat to last more than 24 hours on me!

on 5/27/2014 1:00:00 PM

I've never really been into matte nails, but this product does work really well at creating a smooth, matte nail.

I use this with pastel nail colours that are normally very thick and streaky. Layering the colours over the matte nail polish creates a nice smooth surface and prevents streaks. Just be sure to let the matte coat dry completely before putting more colour on. Base coat, colour, matte coat, colour, top coat.

If you have any pastels that are streaky and hard to work with, try this!! It works great.

on 2/24/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is great matte top coat. I absolutely love it. Tried Revlon before but this is way better. One coat works perfectly.

on 11/17/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i heard really good things about this so i finally gave in and tried it out. it did leave my nails extremely matte but only for a day. in the morning they were shiny again so the results aren't lasting. second of all i got the white lumps people are talking about on the first use. i thought i was using it wrong but now i see i'm not the only one. i will never cheat on my HG matte topcoat again. Warpaint Beauty Matte Topcoat (from Hot Topic)

on 10/22/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is excellent!!!! I haven't arrived at the half bottle to see if the product changes. But for now i'm enjoying the results and is fabulous. Very satisfied.

on 10/11/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't waste your money on inexpensive matte top coats, this one is worth every penny. I've purchased other brands that do not perform as well as this one, with this type of product you get what you pay for. One coat does the job, I'm talking chalk board matte finish, where less expensive brands leave my nails with a satin finish and never as matte as this one. I even believe this acts as a quick dry top coat too which is a bonus and I've had the same bottle for almost 2 years without it becoming to thick to use. Highly Recommended product!

Top Rated Essie Products