Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got my Clarisonic Mia 2 for Christmas 2015, been using for one month. My usual routine is to wash my face with soap (Oilatum), then exfoliate (firmly) with Garnier 3-in-1 scrub. I then rinse with warm-hot water and then with cold water to close pores, before patting my face dry with a towel.

I’ve been using the Clarisonic 2x a week for 5 weeks. After following my usual cleansing routine (skipping the cold water rinse to keep pores open) I apply the Garnier scrub to the brush head and turn it on the high setting (there are 2 settings – normal and high). I keep the brush pressed close to my skin but not too close, moving the Clarisonic around in circles all over my face, skipping sensitive areas like eye area and lips.

The guide booklet recommends spending 10 seconds on each cheek, 10 on chin, 20 on forehead, 10 on nose; using the unit for a total of 60 seconds, moving to a new area of your face whenever the alarm/trigger goes off. I personally spend around 2 – 3 minutes, using the brush for equal amounts of time on all parts of my face but spending a little extra on problem areas like nose and chin. I then rinse off the exfoliator with warm water and close pores with cold. To clean the brush head (you detach it first by twisting it off), I hold it under the faucet and wash with hot water and liquid hand soap, and then leave it to dry before reattaching.

I’ll be honest: I thought this would turn out to be a gimmick. I’m pretty wary of ‘miracle cures’ for skin, but…the Clarisonic really does work. I’m not saying it’ll work for everyone, but I can see a noticeable improvement in my skin when I use it. Immediately after using it my skin feels tight, super soft, very clean and smooth. I don’t have any reactions, tenderness, redness etc, even after using 1 or 2 minutes longer than the recommended use-time. Around 2 or 3 days after, not only does my skin look clearer, the blackheads on my nose are all but gone (I’ve tried pore strips, masks, exfoliators, scrubs, squeezing, hot steam and still never been able to get rid of these) and the blackheads on my chin have totally disappeared.

All in all, I’m VERY impressed. The only cons are the price (I ordered mine on Black Friday and got $50 off, so buying near Christmas/shopping around for the best price is recommended; I’ve seen them range anywhere from $110 to $170 depending on site/store/time of year). The other con is how long it takes to charge – 18 hours for 20 minutes use, which is pretty ridiculous imo. However, for the plus points and how good the results are, I’d say the cons are worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had been eyeing the Mia for awhile but never purchased one for myself. But, I received one for Christmas from my sister and I am glad that I did as I have enjoyed using this.

I got the one for sensitive skin and that was a good call on her part. My face feels and looks cleaner and fresher after each use. Right now I am using this with the sample Clarsonic cleanser (that is another review) that came with the Mia and so far I am pleased with the results.

Though I don't have acne and haven't had a breakout in years (good thing as it would really suck to have acne & wrinkles) I do have what I consider to be larger pores on my nose and in the nose area.

After a few uses of the Mia I have noticed that the pores on and around my nose appear smaller and overall the skin on my face brighter and smoother. It defintiely feels cleaner after each use. Upon rinsing there is no residue of the cleanser left and my skin feels soft and clean.

I will say though, I don't think I would use this twice a day as the directions indicate. I did use it twice in one day and I noticed that my skin looked irritated and red in some areas after the 2nd use. So, for me I will only use this product once a day.

The directions state that you should NOT press down as you use the Mia and I think that is good advice. Even with the brush for sensitive skin I think if you applied too much pressure it would definitely irritate your skin and cause redness.

Additionally, the unit powers off after the recommended cleansing time. That time frame is not long enough for me so I power it up again and use it for two complete time cycles. I haven't had any adverse effects in extending that time frame.

One night on a whim I used Mia to remove my Revlon Colorstay foundation, blush and powder and it did a great job even without prewashing my face. However, it did stain the brush a bit. Of course, the staining it to be expected. After the brush was dry I cleaned it and the staining was gone.

The Mia is very easy to use and the package instructions are very clear. It comes with the Mia itself, charging cord, cleanser and instructions all package in the box. There is nothing novel about the packaging but the Mia itself comes in a few different colors which is a nice plus. The unit is small and would be quite easy to travel with.

I did reduce the rating by one lippie for the price as I do think that this device is a bit on the expensive side, but the ongoing expense of replacing the brushes is where the cost really adds up.

Overall, I like this product and am happy that I received it as a gift. I would replace should I ever need to do so and think it is well worth a try for those debating this purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I desperately caved in and bought this when I was going through a terrible breakout. I've been using it long enough to see that it does not help with my break outs whatsoever. However this is good at realllly cleaning your face which I guess helps with preventing future breakouts? I was also kind of shocked at how gentle the rotation is on this brush, I actually thought that I got a broken brush because I've never seen a brush with such settle movement. All in all, even though this didn't help with getting rid of my acne faster, it's still a crucial part in my skincare routine and this definitely cleanses and removes my makeup the best.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have oily, acne prone skin. I have issues with hyperpigmentation, dark spots and dull skin. For me the Clarisonic has been one of the best investment I have made for my skin. Prior to buying the Clarisonic, I used the Olay spin brush for s few years and really liked it. Unfortunately, it broke and after washing my face without a brush for a few months, I contemplated getting another Olay spin brush. Instead, I splurged on a Clarisonic because I had a Sephora gift card. I'm so glad that I did.

The Clarisonic not only works differently than the Olay spin brush, it's also more effective. My skin is smoother and clearer with the Clarisonic. I find better results with the Clarisonic than I ever had with the Olay brush. I also like the design better than the Olay brush. The Clarisonic brush is rechargeable, has different brush heads and comes in different colors unlike the Olay brush. The Clarisonic also holds a charge for a long time. I can use it for weeks without recharging. It is more expensive (significantly) but it's worth it. If you've never used a cleansing brush before, a cheaper option might be a great starter (the Olay spin brush is a great starter brush).

I use this brush once a day, specifically at night. I find that is sufficient enough for me and is perfect for removing makeup and prepping my skin for my night routine. It's also a great method for exfoliation before a mask. I prefer to use the delicate brush head and use this brush with gel foaming cleaners.

Personally, I believe that the Clarisonic Mia is the best bang for your buck when compared to the other Clarisonic devices. The features on the other Clarisonics are generally unnecessary and are gimmicky ways for the company to increase the price of the device. If you are fed up with your skin and are ready to make an investment, the Clarisonic Mia will not disappoint.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is pretty much the harshest exfoliator I've ever seen and wouldn't recommend for delicate/sensitive skin. I'm baffled by how anyone uses one of these multiple times a week as i found it really harsh.

One use of this with the sensitive brush head left me looking and feeling like I've got sunburn across my cheeks and forehead. I followed the instructions and was applying no pressure whatsoever, just gliding it across my face.

Returning product, not even risking trying it again.

Positives:
Definitely no dirt left

Negatives:
Very hard on skin
Very expensive and ongoing brush costs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'm the type that likes to update as I go, so you will hear back from me. For starters, I've been using it for about a month. I did get the initial purge on my chin, but it may have just been irritation, who knows. It didn't last long.

My skin is totally unpredictable, has been since I was 14. It's oily, acne prone, and will break out over anything. I started out using it twice a day, but my skin is used to going through a lot so I didn't think it would matter. My skin never felt dry or taut after using it, but when I started breaking out, I went down to once a day at night to make sure I got all my make up washed off.

I don't like the brush it came with much, so I'm going to switch to the deep pore brush. My only gripe with this product so far is the expense of the replacement heads. I don't mind the initial cost of the device, but c'mon, who can reeeally afford this?! So far I do like the product, I feel my skin is clean, glowy, and I actually really enjoy washing my face with this. I detach the brush head after every use, wash with an antibacterial soap, and leave them both out to air dry next to my fan. I only charge it when it completely runs out of battery, but the battery lasts quite a long time. I've also cleaned the brush head with boiling water and peroxide every once in awhile, just in case.

My face appears less oily so far, and I appear to be breaking out less than usual, but I really got it to reduce old acne marks left behind. Fingers crossed it helps speed the process along! I'll be back in a few months to let you know if anything has changed.

Update: Used the deep pore brush for the first time last night, and my usually not easily irritated skin is bright red and my eyes are swollen the morning after. I did use a bha treatment after as per usual, so apparently using them together is too harsh. I do not press the brush head down hard, so that is not the issue and moisturized immediately after. I will try to use the head again in a few days time once my skin calms down. Just beware, I’ve never had a skin reaction against anything before.

This has been a life saver for me, and I bought one after reading a dermatologist recommending it for oily acne prone skin like mine. I just wish I had done this sooner.

I am 40 with an extremely oily T-Zone area, and using Epi-duo on prescription from my doctor to control/prevent acne. Before I bought this I would still get a few spots despite using the Epi-Duo cream, but with regular use of the Mia, the acne has just stopped and my skin has not been this clear in years. I use the brush head it came with in the morning and the deep pore head at night.

The first week I got it I only used once a day at night, then after 2 weeks built up to twice a day. I did not experience the "purge" some people describe. My skin has honestly never looked better, and the Mia was worth every penny I spent on it. When I use it I don't press the brush head hard on the skin, I think this may be where some people are having problems, be gentle, build up the use over 2 weeks and let your skin get used to it.

First off, this thing is crazy expensive. Now that we have that out of the way: Everyone should own one. This is one product that is definitely worth the money. I was having more skin issues than I'm comfortable discussing until I invested in my Mia. I thought about it, picked it up, and put it down a dozen times before I bought it as a birthday gift to myself. Best birthday gift ever. My skin cleared up, the flakiness started to go away, in general it felt better. I can tell when I haven't been keeping up with using my clarisonic, and if it dies, I'll be picking up another one, no questions asked.

I use my clarisonic twice daily. I've only tried out the sensitive skin brush head, I'm considering investing in the acne cleansing one. This product makes my skin feel so invigorated and really cleans deep. I need to find a better cleanser to use with it but I do believe it is helping my skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for about 7 months. With the sensitive brush head and then the radiance brush head. Radiance has been my favorite over the sensitive but I recently stop using it, about three weeks now and my skin is looking much better. I liked using the Clarisonic and my face felt great afterwards but by morning my face would be dry and flaky. I did not have dry flaky skin prior to using. So I adjusted how often I used it to using it twice a day, once a day or a couple times a week. Still dry flaky skin. Any less usage then a couple times a week imo isn't worth having a $100 tool for cleaning my face. I'd rather be using Dark Angels by Lush then.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools