December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by hannahwolfe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do feel that it cleans my skin super well and gets my face makeup off. I've been using it a little over a year and when I forget to charge it or to bring it on a trip and wash my face with just my hands, it feels like doing nothing compared to with this brush! I think it's supposed to exfoliate your skin, and I find that it doesn't do that at all. In fact, I notice more dead skin buildup. It's nothing exfoliating a few times a week can't solve, though. Also nice that you can take it in the shower! Loses a point because it's definitely wayyyy overpriced.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the mia, with a brush head for sensitive skin, mainly for exfoliation and a glowing complexion. Thought it convenient to have a method for deep cleansing, exfoliation and glowing complexion wrapped up in one gizmo.

After using the mia for one week, my skin would sting after each use. I tried a much lighter touch, but the result was the same….stinging after each use. The vibrating brush head is too much for my skin.

The exfoliation and glowing complexion I hoped for didn't exist, so I returned to Clinique's seven day scrub for exfoliation and glowing complexion. A gentle scrub works very well on my skin.

I am rating this with two lippies, because it cleanses well, but I use a cream to remove makeup before cleansing my face, so no need for the mia for a deep cleansing.

Purchased the mia approximately three years ago, and will use it every blue moon for giggles; however, it is a disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This worked well, but after about 1-1/2 years stopped working. No longer covered under warranty. I called Clairisonic to see if there was a place I could send it to be repaired and they said no, it has to be replaced. It was expensive to begin with and now I have to buy another one after 18 months? I don't think so. Too bad because I thought it delivered on its promises regarding my improvements to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I managed to get the Mia with my drug store rewards card, so I didn't spend any money except the tax. I am glad I spent my reward points on this machine. My skin feels amaaaaaaaaaayzing after I cleanse it; and then I feel that my serum, retinol and moisturizer penetrate easier. For those of you who would like to purchase this with real money, just go for the small Mia without the bells and whistles and use your regular cleanser; you don't need to use their fancy cleanser. I love how the Mia just stops after a minute of cleansing so that there's no harm of overdoing it.

Important point: I remove the majority of my makeup BEFORE I use the Mia. (Cotton ball and makeup remover). The instructions tell you to do that and it makes a big difference, IMHO. The Mia is not for makeup - it's for the skin, so the less makeup you've got on the more your skill will appreciate the Mia.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SmithK88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Broke, bad customer service not spending that much money on a product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer the Mia to the Mia2 because I found the latter's 20second buzz/notification to be rather annoying - the Mia will just "notify" you after 1minute or so of use.

It's hard to say why exactly I have liked Clarisonic. I do have very sensitive skin and was not sure what to expect upon use. I tried the sensitive brushhead and the normal one. Both seem to be fine - I think it is also very important how hard you press it onto your skin (press less hard if you have sensitive skin). I found using Clarisonic leaves my face feeling very clean and it does do a good job of exfoliating, although if you have some dead skincell patches,Clarisonic alone will not necessarily do the job of clearing it up. I don't use Clarisonic everyday, but rather about 3times/week. I do not found that it has helped with keeping acne or breakouts at bay, but when I do have a breakout it does seem to help calm it down and maybe speed up the process of it clearing up. So even though I don't have much evidence of its miraculous impact on my skin, I do for some reason like it and use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

So, my skin. It's oily, acne prone, and was just a mess when i got this. I was breaking out all over in whiteheads and cystic blemishes. But this? It's a god send for my skin. Honestly, I had my doubts about this product. It seemed too good to be true. But I've been using it for a little over a year now, and I can honestly say my skin has done a complete 180. I rarely break out anymore, and can go comfortably in just a light layer of bb cream, whereas before i had to wear a full face or I'd feel totally insecure. The price of this is more than I'd like to spend, especially with the brush heads costing extra every few months, but I love this product to death. It really makes my skin feel clean, soft, and smooth. If you haven't tried this, I really reccommend you do. Within a week my skin looked dramatically better, and I didn't experience an initial breakout like I thought I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Purchased this brush with my very first paycheque a couple years back and it's still doing me wonders to this day. It cleans and exfoliates (yes it exfoliates! so be wary of this when choosing to use an exfoliant after having cleansed with this brush) and makes your face feel squeaky clean. I wouldn't recommend using this brush everyday though, especially on more sensitive and younger skin since it could exfoliate/cleanse too much of the natural oils on your face, resulting in more acne and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by staceybessmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using the MIA 2 for 9 months, I have to say, I can't live w/o it. I just don't feel clean anymore not cleaning my face with it. It's like going back to a normal toothbrush to brush your teeth after you've used an electronic one.

Skin is def better, feels cleaner, does not dry skin and best of all, no break outs.

The only CON is the price of the device and especially those brush heads. At $27 a pop and replacement every 3 months, it can be costly. I've replaced it twice with the original and on the third replacement, I purchased a non brand brush head on Amazon at $15 for 2 by Procizion and they work just like the originals. I understand the device is expensive and I can live with the one time payment but I refuse to be enslaved by Clarisonic with their pricey brush head replacements.

Overall, I'm real happy with my purchase and I highly recommend it to those who want beautiful skin. If you are looking for an alternative, check out the Olay. I have that too and it's also good but I prefer the Carisonic MIA 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by anniecrow

I love, love, LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. I travel a lot so the smaller size is super handy, and it keeps my skin clean, soft, blemish, and flake free completely. I don't use the brands face wash, instead I use Neutrogena Stay Clear (which I've been using for years). I was using the sensitive brush head for a while, quite gentle, but have now switched to the normal on and it works great.