Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 7/15/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't know why there is so much hate for this product! I'm the girl who has tried EVERYTHING for her acne and I know what works and what doesn't. I guess some people may think a face wash alone is supposed to wave its magic wand and make the acne go away and to that I say HECK TO THE NO. After testing soooooo many products on my acne since I've had it I found that Neutrogena's wash alone with their 3 in 1 spot treatment works best for me. Now that only controlled my acne best of all the products and recently I got prescription acne treatment and this is the wash I use with it. If this wash with the spot treatment doesn't work for you get prescription cause nothing else will work. Trust me I have used everything.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product did help take away my some of my acne HOWEVER this product was $10 which is pretty expensive for a drugstore face wash. I have used it for a week now using no more than dime size amounts and diluting it with water and just yesterday I woke up with dry patches around my mouth and nose area so anyone with dry skin STAY CLEAR of this product, it'll probably lay over 2 months for sure, not gonna repurchase!

on 6/27/2015 5:26:00 PM

worst.thing.EVER!!!! dried my skin out so fast, I was flakey and itchy and it even hurt in a few places

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i bought this product with such high hopes and used it the day i bought it. when i woke up the next morning i had tine white bumps (white heads?) all around my mouth and some on my forehead and cheeks i thought some cleansers take a while to get used to so i used it for another 2 days but I couldn't handle it anymore and stopped using it as my face felt really yuk and irritated. my face has always been oily but after i started using this my face felt reallyyy dry! which felt really weird as I've never had dry skin even my eyelids and lips were reallyy dry. so I bought the cetaphil cleanser and the white bumps dissappeard in two days.

on 6/3/2015 7:06:00 PM

I felt like this product was a bit over drying for me. Would not repurchase.

on 5/19/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years. It is amazing at keeping my acne under control.
I have never had terrible acne but I've had persistent and annoying trouble spots throughout the years. Anyway, this wash really keeps my skin clear for at least 5 years now. It is incredibly drying (I would not use if you have sensitive skin) so I always moisturize before bed, and in the morning.

on 5/9/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product didnt do too much for my current breakouts in terms of reducing them, but it did improve the rest of my skin.
After exfoliating with st. ives scrub, I washed my face with this face wash, and my skin felt a lot smoother with the duo (as opposed to just exfoliating).
The facewash also works really well as a makeup remover.

on 4/30/2015 6:24:00 PM

I was given this product by a friend. I wouldn't normally have bought it as it's quite expensive and isn't specifically for my skin type as I get a few spots here and there but nothing major. I used it every day for just over a week and was quite impressed as could see that my skin looked so much clearer. However, yesterday I woke up and my skin felt so sore and itchy and was really really flakey. I've used tons of moisturiser but is still so dry and feels like it's burning. I would definitely NOT use this product as it's making the skin peel and I've got red rashes all over my face. Maybe it would work well for someone with acne but certainly not anymore than one or twice a week! Ouch D':

Packaging fine. Formula fine. But didn't make any difference as far as breakouts

on 3/19/2015 5:12:00 PM

This feels like washing your face with bar soap, it feels dry/waxy and all around unpleasant.