April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bobbi Brown's Soothing Cleansing Oil is the first face oil I have tried so I cannot compare this to other brands on the market but so far I am impressed with it. I bought the large pump bottle - 13.4 oz/400ml for $63 - around 5 months ago and have used it every other night. A little goes a long way with this oil so the large size should last me for the better part of a year. I use two pumps for my face and massage it onto my cheeks, t-zone and forehead. I do not like oils on my eyes, so I use a separate eye makeup remover for my eye makeup. I rinse off the oil with warm water and it turns into a milky liquid that rinses off easily, leaving my skin clean and comfortable. I like alternating between this oil and Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Cleanser and I have not had an issues with clogged pores or breakouts on my sensitive skin. Will repurchase. Regular size pump bottle with 6.7 oz/200 ml retails for $42.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4eva28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product three pumps removes all my make up evens eye make up this smells like green tea and leaves my skin fresh ! I bought it in October and it's still going well same bottle use it 4 tiles a week very worth the money first luxury cleansing oil I'm impressed especially having temperamental skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by lilylillylily

Started using this product about 3 months ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't removes all makeups (esp mascara). Sometimes, I had to double cleanse my face after the makeup remover to make sure everything is off. This product also forms like an oily layer on my eyelids and eyelashes, kinda blurred my vision for awhile until i cleared it with huge amount of water. I was terrified the first time I used it. I have very sensitive skin so the good thing of this product, it does not cause white heads to form on the bottom of my eyes like other makeup removers I tried before (Maybelline, Laura Mercier). Also, comes with pleasant scent. I wouldn't recommend this product as I feel it is overpriced with relatively average performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great bargain at a duty free in a London airport. This cleansing oil does its job just fine. its smells good and easily takes of all my makeup leaving skin soft and clean. Works well into clogged pores. Excellent evening cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really in two minds on this product (for myself personally) because when I first purchased it I really loved it, nice scent, left my face feeling clean and soft (soooo soft)!! And didn't leave my oily skin feeling too dry at all. The packaging is really slick and nice pump head which locks so is good for travelling but the downside for me was that my acne prone skin flared up really bad when I was using it! I tried to put my mind at ease and tell myself it was a coincidence etc as I had just started to suffer from an old case of cystic acne again, but I eventually had to come to terms with the fact that once i stopped using it my breakouts calmed down and became less severe! So I stopped using it :( for less sensitive and non acne prone skins this would prob be an excellent cleanser as it balances oils and leaves the skin lovely and smooth but it unfortunately just didn't agree with me :( if it hadn't broke me out I would have said def worth the money tho in also felt I went through it very quick!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by jonesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I might just not be understanding the concept of cleansing oil. I massaged this into my dry face, rubbed around until my makeup seemed to be breaking down, then rinsed...and rinsed...and rinsed...I went over my face with toner-still tons of makeup residue. Since I'm washing off the oil, aren't I just undoing the benefit of using it in the first place?

The oil does smell good and is mild. Maybe I'll rub it on my split ends and cuticles.

I have to stop messing with my Kiehls routine! : )

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

I really like this oil as my first cleanse. It removes all my makeup (even mascara) and all the impurities the city leaves on my face everyday. I massage three pumps on dry skin and then rinse with warm water and a flannel. It melts everything and leaves your skin feeling fresh and soft. I have acne prone, oily skin and this hasn't broke me out or anything similar, neither has changed the overall texture of my face.

I love the packaging: is plain and clear, so you know when you're running out. It has a pump so it's very hygienic. The smell is great and doesn't linger too much.

I would repurchase, but I think I don't love it so much as to make it my one and only cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Laurad01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It removes all of my makeup (I don't know about waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin feeling soft and not tight like most cleansers. I like to put it on and lay a hot wet towel over my face for a minute to open my pores. It hasn't made me break out. It gets everything off in one easy step. I would buy this again and again. It is a bit expensive, but its worth it. It feels rich and smells nice and doesn't stain my towels. Would totally recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

I have combination sensitive skin and this cleansing oil has been perfectly fine to use. It doesn't get rid of all my waterproof mascara so I find I have to use an eye make up remover before I use this cleansing oil. I have not used any other cleansing oils so I'm not sure if they are supposed to remove ALL your make up or not. I bought the X-mas special for this, so it came in a larger size instead of the regular size which seems small to me and you will definitely finish it up quickly. I use 2 pumps for my entire face for light make up and 3 pumps for a full face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Monkey87

Bumps on my skin which eventually turned into acne. I didn't realize this was the product causing the bumps since I interchange between foundations and creams... But definitely found this as the cause because I stopped using other products besides this and saw a huge decrease in the texture and quality of my skin. The only reason I liked using this was the scent and feel of the oil... and it removed most of my makeup, but still left traces (discovered only after using a toner---traces left on cotton pad). I personally will never buy this again or recommend it, this was the first oil I had tried after being scared to try a cleansing oil and I'm left with a negative perception of cleansing oils. Won't risk ruining my skin for it again.