October 26, 2014 | 1593 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by SJ1208

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I use it before my foaming cleanser to remove my makeup. Apply it dry first and lather all over your face (don't look in the mirror, you'll get a fright!) particularly in the areas where you've applied the most resilient of makeup. Then apply water and lather further, rinse and your face is free of makeup! I no longer use wipes to remove my makeup as this has substituted it. I have also found my breakouts to be far less frequent and dry patches around my nose less obvious. It even removes eyeliner and mascara well (mascara is painful enough to remove wiping it off alone!).

Will be purchasing again. However the full sized bottle should last me a while. I normally use 2-3 pumps to remove makeup and it does a fantastic job! I've just recently added it to my routine for the past month and haven't looked back.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lavender oil!!! irritates my skin like crazy. Cleansing is not too bad but still think Shu Umera is better -> actually, for the price, I'd rather buy DHC cleansing oil

I have tried the cleansing oil from DHC, Bobbi, SHU, Nars and Lancome

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Misslaurynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was a game changer for my oily acne prone skin. Never before has my skin texture been so smooth and balanced. It eliminated my chronic top dry condition as well as my need for benzyl peroxide to address my acne. I love everything about it. I even tried to duplicate the formula at home with no avail. The only thing I don't love is the price, but sometimes you pay for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Getfitwithit72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser. I never thought I would like an oil cleanser but after trying it I'm not sure why I didn't try it sooner. I came across it about 8 months ago. I was actually out to buy Mac's oil cleanser and they were out, but knowing they are owned by the same company I thought if give it a try. And it's a bigger bottle than Mac for the same price. I have normal to dry with the last 4 months having terrible hormonal acne around my chin. This cleanser has helped bring my skin back to normal. My face is so soft. I follow it with my Itworks defining gel and I could not create a better combo. 3x a week I do go in with a fine exfoliating scrub just to do some resurfacing. Sometimes Clinique, sometimes Aveda, depending on what I find in my cabinet. But I love this Bobbi Brown cleansing oil! Just not when I get it in my eyes, very weird feeling having blurry vision for 30 seconds!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bobbi Brown's Soothing Cleansing Oil is the first face oil I have tried so I cannot compare this to other brands on the market but so far I am impressed with it. I bought the large pump bottle - 13.4 oz/400ml for $63 - around 5 months ago and have used it every other night. A little goes a long way with this oil so the large size should last me for the better part of a year. I use two pumps for my face and massage it onto my cheeks, t-zone and forehead. I do not like oils on my eyes, so I use a separate eye makeup remover for my eye makeup. I rinse off the oil with warm water and it turns into a milky liquid that rinses off easily, leaving my skin clean and comfortable. I like alternating between this oil and Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Cleanser and I have not had an issues with clogged pores or breakouts on my sensitive skin. Will repurchase. Regular size pump bottle with 6.7 oz/200 ml retails for $42.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4eva28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product three pumps removes all my make up evens eye make up this smells like green tea and leaves my skin fresh ! I bought it in October and it's still going well same bottle use it 4 tiles a week very worth the money first luxury cleansing oil I'm impressed especially having temperamental skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by lilylillylily

Started using this product about 3 months ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't removes all makeups (esp mascara). Sometimes, I had to double cleanse my face after the makeup remover to make sure everything is off. This product also forms like an oily layer on my eyelids and eyelashes, kinda blurred my vision for awhile until i cleared it with huge amount of water. I was terrified the first time I used it. I have very sensitive skin so the good thing of this product, it does not cause white heads to form on the bottom of my eyes like other makeup removers I tried before (Maybelline, Laura Mercier). Also, comes with pleasant scent. I wouldn't recommend this product as I feel it is overpriced with relatively average performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great bargain at a duty free in a London airport. This cleansing oil does its job just fine. its smells good and easily takes of all my makeup leaving skin soft and clean. Works well into clogged pores. Excellent evening cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really in two minds on this product (for myself personally) because when I first purchased it I really loved it, nice scent, left my face feeling clean and soft (soooo soft)!! And didn't leave my oily skin feeling too dry at all. The packaging is really slick and nice pump head which locks so is good for travelling but the downside for me was that my acne prone skin flared up really bad when I was using it! I tried to put my mind at ease and tell myself it was a coincidence etc as I had just started to suffer from an old case of cystic acne again, but I eventually had to come to terms with the fact that once i stopped using it my breakouts calmed down and became less severe! So I stopped using it :( for less sensitive and non acne prone skins this would prob be an excellent cleanser as it balances oils and leaves the skin lovely and smooth but it unfortunately just didn't agree with me :( if it hadn't broke me out I would have said def worth the money tho in also felt I went through it very quick!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by jonesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I might just not be understanding the concept of cleansing oil. I massaged this into my dry face, rubbed around until my makeup seemed to be breaking down, then rinsed...and rinsed...and rinsed...I went over my face with toner-still tons of makeup residue. Since I'm washing off the oil, aren't I just undoing the benefit of using it in the first place?

The oil does smell good and is mild. Maybe I'll rub it on my split ends and cuticles.

I have to stop messing with my Kiehls routine! : )