NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first high end foundation I have ever had! And I love it!

I have normal to dry, fair, slightly sensitive skin.
This foundation gives me a good medium buildable coverage, feels moisturizing and looks natural on my skin. I really like its finish - it's not that glowy, but it gives you a demi-matte/ satin look, which I really like.
I like dotting it on my skin with my fingers, blending it slightly and then going in with a damp sponge.
The lack of a pump doesn't bother me that much, but I do think Nars could have put it on considering it is not a cheap foundation.

My main concern with drugstore foundation has always been the limited shade selection. I have very fair neutral to yellow undertone skin, and cheap foundations are usually too dark or too pink for me. Especially here in Italy, they rarely sell the full shade selection, but only the middle shades, and I really don't understand why!
So I went to a Sephora, initially to get the Born This Way Foundation, but unfortunately the lightest shade was too dark for me. So then I saw the Nars foundations, and I had seen many positive reviews on YouTube about them, so I tried the Sheer Glow foundation out! I got the shade Mont Blanc even though it has a pink undertone because they didn't have Siberia (neutral) or Gobi (yellow), but it still blends nicely into my sin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this foundation. It is one of the few high end foundations that I have tried long enough to be able to write a review.

First of all coverage; Medium coverage, buildable, very glowy result. I have very oily-acne prone skin so I wouldn't completely recommend this if you are very oily but I wouldn't recommend against adding this to your collection. I try to use it on days where my skin is healthier and during the colder months so it doesn't melt off my face. I also find that It is very hydrating, so it is a lovely winter foundation. I'm not entirely sure if this breaks me out or not, my skin hasn't really seemed to like any foundation over the last few months but it has never broken me out terribly so I'll take that as a good sign. I do always use a power over this, though I try not to use too much as it does mattify the glow that this foundation is named for. Goes on lovely to start, I find it applies well with a foundation/stippling brush, wet beauty blender and fingers. It can oxidise throughout the day if I don't use a good moisturiser and after maybe 4-5 hours of wear it does begin to slide off my face, so it definitely requires touch ups every couple of hours. The thing I love most about this foundation is the coverage, it does cover up my freckles, acne and hyper-pigmentation really nicely with roughly two pumps of product. It smells like an average foundation, nothing drastic and the smell dissipates once on the face.

The packaging is simple and sleek, though without the foundation pump (that is sold separately) it makes quite a mess. The rubberised lid gets covered in finger prints after the first use and it is very hard to clean it well enough to make it look new again. The foundation pump in my opinion is overpriced (in-fact it should be included for free from the start) as it is quite cheap and flimsy.

The price is quite expensive here in Australia ($65.00). It is, in my opinion a little too expensive to be an everyday foundation when it isn't your go to. I've bought a few bottles now and will likely pick up another one when it gets colder. It is definitely a high quality product which has wonderful aspects to to, so I guess it warrants the high price.

I would definitely recommend this if you have normal/dry skin but for oily skin lovelies this is great to have in your collection, but probably not for everyday.

I really like this foundation. I think it looks beautiful, healthy and has a great dewy look and satin finish. People always compliment my skin when I wear this out.

The oil control isn't great. In the winter I can get away with powdering just the once and have it last well throughout the day, but during humid weather it needs a lot of powder support. That's fine, I was never promised it would be long wearing. It's my favourite foundation for going out or for parties, anywhere I don't need to really go the distance. It just looks stunning. My fiance, who doesn't like me wearing heavy foundation always notices when I wear this one.

The packaging is useless. I purchased the pump because I hate pouring out my foundation and wasting half of it. But purchasing the pump makes the lid redundant. I like the glass jar and overall shape though.

Poor packaging, I can't believe NARS still haven't attempted to change the bottle. It's heavy glass with no pump, and the black matte lid gets dirty easily.

The foundation itself never sets, even with the NARS powder. I bought the shade Siberia which was advertised as neutral, but it's slightly yellow. It's streaky and comes off the skin, especially in humid weather. I really can't understand the hype.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the finish of this foundation-- its a mix between dewey and satin finish. It really gives my skin a natural healthy glow, however I do have oily skin and have to powder my t-zone every couple hours. It looks really great, although it's not particularly long wearing, which is expected with this finish. Definitely my favorite foundation right now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is great, although it's more of a satin finish than sheer or glowy. It applies nicely with just my fingers, instead of a brush. The packaging is really great because you have to buy a pump separately to finish the bottle up. Not super convenient for customers. Overall. this will be a foundation I will repurchase because it makes me skin look amazing. It covers my acne bumps and scars without making it look cakey.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the worst foundation I've ever tried. It is so overhyped in the beauty community.

I have oily skin and this foundation does not blend! The application is just super streaky and uneven. The foundation never sets, and it wipes off so easily during the day, no matter how much powder I use to set it.

The only good thing was the yellow colour range and my shade was Ceylan, which is a light yellow-toned color.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I brought this foundation after buying the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation (which didn't go too well as it was too "cakey" as some people might say). I really do like the Nars Sheer Glow, but however it does have a habit of clinging on to the dry patches on my face and peeling. However, overall it does give good coverage, and I do expect I will repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite foundation! Easy to blend, medium and buildable coverage and leaves a great finish on my skin. Aaand I think this is the first foundation I've tried who haven't been cakey on my nose!

Ok for starters, Calvin Klein discontinued their makeup line. I was wearing their 3in1 in "sand". It was the perfect winter color for me (in the summer I had to buy Clinique even better in honey to get the right color when I'm tan). CK one was a light to buildable medium coverage.

I was very saddened having to start searching for a new foundation as I finally found one after years of searching. I spent 3 weeks trying foundations and returning them almost DAILY. I tried EVERYTHING (Lancome tiente and BB cream, Juice, Too Faced, IT BB and CC cream, Tarte, Younique, MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, the list goes on.) Every time I tried something new it failed miserably in coverage, in how blendable it was, the color, in how it oxidized or stuck to dry patches, etc).

I noticed all the amazing reviews for the NARS Tinted Moisturizer and was going to settle on that. I got to the store and the SA recommended NARS sheer glow foundation. I don't have the best skin right now so I was looking for light to medium (I do not like the look of heavy every day makeup). I quickly whipped my phone out and looked at reviews. They seemed mixed but I said what the hell, I'll try it is since I need more coverage right now.

The SA matched me to Santa Fe (medium with peachy undertone). To be honest, I am not sure to this day my undertone. My parents are from Europe and have that medium olive skin tone. I have light/medium with golden/reddish undertones. Up until yesterday, I didn't know that is pretty much what "peach" undertone is. The color is definitely the right undertone but to say it's for medium skin tone? That I don't know. I would say this is for someone who is a little bit lighter than I am because even with the winter upon us, this made me look ghostly white by itself. I added a tiny bit of my Clinique even better in "honey" and voila, perfect match. I could see if the Medium dark peach would match but I think it will be too dark and to be honest, the closest place that sells NARS is 30 min away and I just don't have the time to try and get matched again. Like all others have mentioned, this is neither sheer nor glowy, but adding a dab of the Clinique gave me that really nice glow. So here are the pros and cons and what I thought about the makeup.

PROS:
-Texture: Smooth. LOVE how blendable this is! I have always used a stippling brush or foundation brush to apply foundation but the SA said NARS products are "heat activated" so apparently it's easier to blend using my fingers. I smiled and thought "yea sure", there is no way I am going to use my fingers. Tried it out with my stippling brush and half the product was soaked up and my face was streaky. So I blended with my fingers and she was right. Perfection. I couldn't believe how well it covered and how easily by just using my fingers!!!!!!!
-Coverage: Light to Medium. Covered most my acne and just had to dot a little concealer which blended beautifully. Basically when it "sets" it has room for movement to add concealer.
-Smell: Didn't notice any strong smells
-Tone: Matched my tone very well, but need a little bit more darker color so I have to mix
-Wear: I've had it on for about 6 hours and so far so good. I added NARS bronzer which I have used for YEARS and tarte blush. Feels very light too! Very beautiful.
-Finish: Semi Matte

CONS:
-I do have to mix with Clinique to get the right color but need so little of it that it's not a deal breaker.
-No pump. I wasn't offered to buy a pump at Nordstroms. I didn't know there was an option to buy one because I total would have however for that money I think it should come with one.
-So far no break outs.

UPDATE: No, no, no!!!! So sad to say that while this foundation looked amazing indoors, this looked just awful outside. My best friend immediately told me that this was WAY too pink on me, it looked like I was wearing a ton of foundation, and as the day wore on the makeup totally wore and looked splotchy and uneven and every pore was visible. I couldn't WAIT to get this off my face. I did get a sample of the NARS TM. I put that on instead and MUCH MUCH better looking foundation. I will review once I see this in true light.

Video Reviews & Tutorials