July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Triple Nutrition Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The conditioner is best used with the shampoo, imo. I got this free as part of a three part set as a giveaway at the drug store. I'm always a little wary of Garnier Fructis products because they are LOADED with silicones, but this product is different. It has lots of fruit oils which are light and leave the hair light and super shiny. I still have to use the heat seal for protection, but the conditioner itself is rich enough to coat the hair with 1 tablespoon. Wow - because my hair is super dense, thick and wiry. I like the fact that it does not clump in the hair but spreads out evening and is instantly conditioning and makes a comb through super easy. It rinses out quickly and I could see the shine in my hair before I even dried it. I did still use my heat seal but my hair turned out super shiny, no discernible smell (a good think) and easy to press out. This. is a yay for me

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Shui321

Best conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Man, it's such a shame what they did to this conditioner. I really used to love it.

Since it seems to be almost impossible to find the updated ingredients online, I'll try to post them from the bottle when I get the chance. For now, I do want to note that isopropyl alcohol--rubbing alcohol--is now the sixth ingredient, just behind fragrance and amodimethicone, and significantly ahead of any of the so-called "nutritive oils." At concentrations this high, it doesn't so much as aid in the absorption in the oils as it does just kind of dissolve them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kbyesdnil

Best drug store conditioner EVARRR. So glad I tried this! Thought I'd have to use Matrix Sleek Look or Nexus Pro-Mend forever becasue I was spoiled by them. This is totally on par in my opinion!! Will repurchase forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

FUN FACT about this conditioner for anyone who also uses Garnier's box haircolor...the little conditioner packet in the box is this stuff. That might be a well-known thing, but I'm still excited about it. Anyway...
I was in search of a 'cone-free conditioner and the only one I had on hand was leftover conditioner packets from my Garnier box haircolor days (like 4 months ago). I saved them up since I used a higher-end conditioning masque when I colored my hair in the past.
My hair has never felt better! I color my hair every 4 weeks and use heat tools, so it takes a bit of a beating, but this has helped! I normally get a greasy scalp within 24 hours of washing and recently became a redhead (which means only washing 2x a week), but ever since I started using this, I haven't even had to touch my dry shampoo between washes! My hair is softer, actually feels stronger and healthier, and does not get greasy, which might be partially due to no longer having silicone build-up in it. It just feels like it's finally getting the moisture it's been deprived of because of my usual dimethicone-heavy conditioners.
However, recent reviews I've read indicate that Garnier got stupid and reformulated it with a silicone as one of the top ingredients :( Sometime within the past year or two, which is an absolute shame, hopefully there are still some of the old formula bottles out there. Be sure to check the ingredients if you buy, just in case---especially since Garnier has a tendency to residue/grease up shower and tub floors like no other, at least every product of theirs that i've come in contact with. I will probably use it as a weekly conditioning treatment and nothing more because of that, IF I can get my hands on an older formula bottle.

UPDATE 2/9: I just found a bottle of the old formula 2 days ago, so they are still out there! Just checked the ingredients and the 'cone (I believe amodimethicone is the one) wasn't in there. I'd suggest a place that might not be super popular with selling beauty products (I found mine at a local grocery store). Good to know the older formula isn't completely gone yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

If your hair soaks up moisture like a sponge (as mine does), you will love this conditioner. I have lots of coarse, dry, wiry-curly hair that can get downright rough if I don't use a good conditioner. This stuff is rich, thick, and has amazing slip.

I notice that some hair forums discourage the use of this product because they say the new formula in the yellow bottle has silicones. I don't get it; I had some of the old formula in the green bottle, and it was not silicone free. It contained amodimethicone, same as the new yellow bottle. I think they might have moved it up a couple of notches in the ingredient list, but for me, it hasn't made a difference. I normally try to stay away from silicones because they don't work with my hair, but I've read that amodimethicone is water soluble. I have had no problems with it at all, and I've been using it for a couple of months now.

If you have thin or fine hair, Triple Nutrition will probably be too heavy and rich for you. My hair NEEDS some weighing down, so in addition to using this as co-wash/rinse out, I thin it down with water and use as a leave-in, too. The result is super-soft, moisturized, springy, coily curls. Love it!

Love the upside-down packaging, as it makes the product easily accessible, but I'm taking off one lippy because the bottle is very slick, and my hands are small. The larger size bottle gets slippery and a bit hard to hold onto in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have hair that is naturally dry, and in the winter it's even worse. I preach the gospel of oil for skin and hair to anyone that will listen. I've used just about every conditioner for dry damaged hair some work ok, and some are terrible. I've also tried smoothing conditioners which I had better luck with. Most recently I had been using a generic/store brand argan oil conditioner. While far less expensive than the name brand, it's still around $10 for a slightly smaller than average size bottle.

I picked this up as it was cheap, and readily available. I have been working late a lot lately and unable to get to a beauty supply. Over all I am happy with this conditioner, I still had a small dry patch after my first use that was a bit of a PITA when it came time to brush out. I applied a bit more the second time I used this and my hair looks and feels good. I did find this a tad hard to rinse, but its a small price to pay for good hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ativaneyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner left my hair greasy, stringy and disgusting! I got a sample of the shampoo, this conditioner and the conditioning mask and tried them all out. The ends of my hair were piecey and stringy and felt oily. It took two days to wash my hair clean again! That was last week. Today I figured I'd try the conditioner with my normal organix biotin shampoo and it's a stringy mess again! So I know it isn't the shampoo or the deep treatment- it's this awful conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by beautykiller317

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutley love this conditioner. after the first use it made my hair so silky and soft, and i have noticed WAAAY less breakage in my hair. an excellent deep conditioner too. i love this sooooo much. if you want silky soft light hair, use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This conditioner did make my hair feel softer. I already used up two bottles of this stuff. I liked the way it smelled and the price was okay (Garnier stuff is always on sale in my local Target and Rite Aid). I did find it hard to wash out though.