MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Such a pretty shade! Vanilla scented light seashell pink. It's frosty and has an apricot undertone. Long lasting, great packaging!

on 6/19/2014 3:08:00 PM

This is my favorite lipstick. I have lots of others but I always come back to this one. It's a coral/pink with some sparkles. Sometimes I add a pink gloss over it for a special night. Most of the time I just wear it alone. The color seems to brighten my face and it's soft enough for an every day look. I feel very pretty and feminine with this lipstick on.

I wore this all last summer trying to use it up bc I was so eh about the frost. I recently picked it up again..and I am pretty much enjoying it, to my surprise. I wear it with a pinky peachy Stila liner and with a dab of love nectar lustreglass on top. It's the perfect compliment bc of like shade and finishes. I agree with previous reviewer that it is a young color due to the frost. I should pair with more opaque glosses or layer over another ls shade (but who are we kidding, I'm too lazy for that) - but I'm trying to use up love nectar too. I receive a lot of compliments when I wear this combo which also makes me question my tiring of it, but I think once it's totally gone I will be ready for a more muted sister shade. If only it had a little less gold it would be perfect for me. I guess I should just switch pairings and use the lustreglass w a tamer ls and do the same w Sandy B. Old habits die hard. I am really enjoying it this time around. The effect is beautiful for the first couple hrs. But when the gloss wears off, the gold frost takes over a bit and it's time to do something to tone it down.

on 12/31/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is my everyday lipstick. It's a beautiful shimmery color, I just love it so much. Super smooth, long standing and it's a beautiful shade that I find will look flattering on most skin tones. for my everyday look, I wear "spice" lip pencil, then "sandy B" & I dab a little "floradescent" lipgloss in the middle .. So pretty !

on 7/3/2013 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you look good in Ravishing, Ramblin Rose, or Lollipop Loving, and you like a frost lipstick, this one will work for you. This one takes a heavy hand, otherwise it looks like gold shimmer on a neutral/pinkish peach lip. It's a fun color, but also a young color because of the frost.

I get the most out of this color by using it as a finish on top of a matte lip pencil. Used in this way, it is very versatile, and can be layered over many shades ranging from a darker neutral peach to even a bright pink or magenta.

I prefer both Ramblin Rose and Lollipop Loving to Sandy B, but I still find this color to be a nice variation when I want to try something similar in color but with a gold shimmer.

The lipstick is a frost formulation so the effect is quite shimmery. The shimmer though is quite fine so provides a nice effect. Color: coral with golden shimmer; works best for summer months. It suits me well for my NW25 skin. The lipstick is somewhat dry, but surprisingly it doesn't dry out the lips, and doesn't let the shimmer slide around.
Can slightly settle in lines, like any lipstick with similar finish would, so make sure you moisturise the lips well.

I purchased this out of impulse. Luckily I like it and although I wouldn't repurchase this color in particular I want to look into other colors with the same finish. Ill admit you have to apply more than two layers in order to achieve color otherwise it's just gold glitter or "frost" on your lips.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a unique color! Yes ok it's drying, yes ok it's a FROST duh, but it's HOT! it's perfect for summer, especially if you are PPP. During the day, I swipe some lip gloss over it and call it a day. At night, I bare the brazen frosty look with pride. Its sexy. I love this color.

on 1/20/2013 9:45:00 PM

I love this light coral shimmery colour. It would be great for summer.
This is a very frosty colour as it is a frost. I uise it sparingly so that my lips aren't overly frosty.

on 11/12/2012 2:18:00 PM

Love the color and the quality of this product. I personally think that it looks better on then it does in the stick so I was surprised with how happy I was with this purchase.

Popular Lipsticks