De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Sulfur, USP - 10 Acne Medication ; Inactive Ingredients Polyethylene Glycol updated Jan. 20, 2016

This is the only thing that reliably works on my acne. Way more effective than benzoyl peroxide, in my opinion. My acne hasn't disappeared, but this ointment has really helped manage it to the point where I look normal again. Zits are way more mild than before, and they disappear faster. I use this ointment as a face mask almost every night for 10-30 minutes. Most people will probably want to moisturize after using it, as it's somewhat drying. I don't think this does much to remedy clogged pores, but it definitely helps prevent and get rid of infections (i.e., pimples.)

Just don't use this before going out in public, because the smell soaks into your skin for a while (which is probably why it works!)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never write reviews on anything, however, this stuff is amazing! I have had acne for almost ten years now and this product has been the only thing that has given me significant results. It has completely cleared the acne on my forehead and has decreased the amount of pimples, and overall size of my acne all over the rest of my face. I usually wear this mask every other day for a couple of hours or occasionally overnight. This product will cause drying, but nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. My advice, play around with it in terms of how long to keep it on. Although it says 10 minutes on the packaging, you might need a shorter or longer amount of time depending on your skin type. All in all, this product is amazing and worth checking out at its extremely affordable price!

I only wish I knew about this DECADES ago. I was skeptical because nothing other than an injection gets rid of my cystic acne. However, the sulfur ointment worked as quick as a injection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is amazing has improved my face better than proactive did in 3 months !!!! I love this product !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I am 15, and I break out a lot, usually in my forehead. This ointment really helped me get rid of those pimples really fast. I apply it only to my pimple I don't use it as a mask... Although now I want to try it. What I do is I use my Up & Up facial scrub to cleanse my face (Which I totally recommend) and I just dab it on. Sometimes I leave it on over night. The smell isn't that bad, I kinda got used to it already. I would REALLY recommend this product, the price is good I bought it at Walmart for about $1-2 I believe.

I am 20 years old and I suffer from acne. I have had acne for five years now and nothing has seem to work. I tried as many products as I could until I ran into this. I used it for about a year and my skin was healthy and acne, blemish free! This product reduces the pimples over night and I can almost say that it evens skin tone. I do not know why I stopped using it and my skin is now breaking out. My face has never been this bad. I began to start using it again along with the Ponds clarant B3 and the Neutrogena rapid clear daily scrub and I have to say that it is working miracles. I wash my face in the shower with the Neutrogena Rapid clear scrub and after I get out I air dry. I strongly believe that air drying reduces the chances of hurting the skin. After my face dries I apply Ponds Clarant B3 and let it sit for a while. This helps my face from over drying because the ointment can dry the skin even more. After a minute or two I apply the Sulfur Ointment 10% by De La Cruz. Unlike most other users I leave it over night. Yes it is a sticky yellow substance but I do not mind. As long as it gets rid of my acne I do not care. These products may dry the skin at first but after some time they wont. I highly recommend this products. Good luck!!! :)

This sticky, stinky stuff did absolutely nothing for me.

Absolutely love this stuff! This is a MUST for people with stubborn cystic-type adult acne, hormonal acne or rosacea. It not only clears your acne, but it also evens your skin tone and has a whitening effect if you have fair skin that is ruddy or blotchy. Also great for resurfacing your skin and fading old blemishes. DOES WONDERS in conjunction with sulfur soap too! I use the sulfur ointment as a facial mask a few times a week. After washing my face, I run a tablespoon or so of the ointment all over my skin, then steam my face with a humidifier to open my pores for about 2 or 3 minutes, maybe 5 minutes at the most. I massage the ointment around areas where I get blackheads (sulfur is a wonderful exfoliant.) I will also use it when I am hanging around at home as a spot treatment for the occasional breakout. I have suffered from acne for 10 years and never found anything as effective as De La Cruz! The smell is also not very overpowering, but it's certainly something you don't want to wear outside the house!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff works. I've been suffering from cystic acne for years and finally found something that gets rid of it. Better that prescription medications, this over the counter and inexpensive cream has cured my acne and skin issues (including rosacea). WHAT A GIFT!
This product does have a bit of a greasy feeling but sinks into your skin. I use it as a mask and take it off after 20 minutes but leave it on individual pimples overnight.
Sometimes I'll smear it on as a mask and use manuka honey on top of it for about an hour for extra punch.
I'm SO GLAD I found this product and am so happy it's inexpensive too (about $7 at rite aid).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a tough review for me because my acne-prone skin reacts really well to sulfur-based products... just not this one in particular. I am recently experiencing a really bad flare up (hormonal), and my dermatologist prescribed Avar products. Then i saw this little jar (for less than $5) at my local CVS and decided to give it a try. I used it for 7 weeks total. I began using it exactly as the directions stated, for 10 mins max once a day as a mask but unfortuantely, my skin flared up even worse... it became red, really dry and i began peeling even though I knew this could happen (from all the reviews i read), it was still pretty frustrating and scary. I saw some of my whiteheads became full blown pimples ready to be popped, but my skin just became worse and worse... i never saw the light at the end of the tunnel and I experienced HORRIBLE 'purging', or so I thought it was. After the 7 weeks, i decided to completely stop using it and 2 days later, my skin miraculously calmed down, the redness went away, the inflammed pimples were gone and the dryness had almost gone away which leads me to believe I was experiecing a bad allergic reaction to this product. The other thing i noticed was that this product darkened my acne scars REALLY bad and the dryness made my skin look and feel 'old', if that makes any sense...Overall, this caused a lot of damage to my skin.
What I CAN say is that this is a great product for spot treatment, just not as an overall mask for my skin in particular. I still dab a very thin layer of it over a new pimple as I feel it coming, and by the next day I can tell it has dried out the pimple which is great.
My advice would be, if you really want to give this product a try, start introducing it to your skin VERY slowly. Do not use for more than 10 mins at a time, and I would even go as far as saying to not use it every day at first. I gave it 7 weeks becuse I know some products take a long time for us to see results, but as the 7th week approached and I saw my skin wasn't looking any better, i decided to stop it immediately.
I know us acne sufferers want immediate results and we get desperate sometimes, but we can also cause a lot of harm while trying to find the perfect 'overnight' solution to our problem.
I am now seeing my dermatologist once a month for facials (this has been a huge BLESSING and makes the most difference on my skin), using Avar e-green under my makeup during the day and alternating between Avar wash and Lush's fresh farmacy (looove) twice a day and my skin is a thousand times better. After I tackle the breakouts, my dermatologist will start with peels to undo some of the scarring caused by this product....

please be careful with this.