April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, I have both Ud naked and this.
Here are 2 key points that I thought I would share

1. Basics:
UD: what it has: shimmery lid/highlight colors, 2 matte blending browns, black
what it doesn't have: matte highlight

TF: what it has: shimmery and matte highlight/lid colors, matte blending brown,
what it doesn't: black

2. Mids and Darks:
UD: mids: mid tone colors are beautiful (smog, buck and especially toasted are my favorite colors of the palette)
darks: (besides black) quite muddy, not as pigmented, hard to blend

TF: mids: not as good a selection, texture not as good as UD
darks: much better than UD, super pigmented, easy to blend

----
So here's the deal, this is about what you use most.
I use mid tone shades (toasted is my fave eyeshadow every) more often, I need a black and I don't mind using Virgin as a satin finish highlight, so for me, UD is better.

However, if you use a lot of darks and do smokey eyes often, or need many matte colors, I would say TF might work best for you.

Both are lovely, both are worth the price tag, both are travel friendly.
Hope this helps

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first eyeshadow palette, and I got it about four years ago. Now that I own so many eyeshadows, it's not my favorite. However, they're really pigmented, and they blend well. Nude Beach is the only one with huge glitter pieces, so I don't like that one. There are eye shadows in this that are close, or exact dupes. Heaven is a dupe for MAC's Blanc Type. Silk Teddy is really similar to UD Sin, and MAC's Naked Lunch. Honey Pot is a dupe for UD Half Baked, and MAC's Woodwinked. Velvet Revolver looks very similar to MAC's Omega. I'm sure there are more, but that's all that I have right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by TooFacedTiff

I think a lot of people would be mad at me for this, but ill say it... I very much prefer this over my naked palettes. Yes, nude beach has fall out. But I think so many people hold the naked palettes to such high expectations that they don't admit that those actually have worse fall out. And it doesn't matter too much. I hold a sheet of tissue under my eye. Afterward, I go back in and clean up any sparkles or color that still may have gotten on my cheeks. I do still love my naked palettes, but I feel like maybe this one works better with my skin tone. And too faced does excellent with matte shadows.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by firmieyaya26

This was my first eye palette that I purchased from this line. It's fabulous! The colors are great and very wearable. They also have great staying power especially if you use a primer underneath. I purchased my mine on HSN when they had it on sale plus free shipping. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice natural palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work at Ulta and I got this with my discount and I love it. I use this for a daytime smokey eye & get so many compliments on it! It's a good palette if you like shimmer. One of my favorites for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Disappointed. . . this is not worth the money to me. This caught my eye months ago, and I love neutral shadows and had never tried Too Faced eyeshadows before. While I love their BB cream, this just isn't something I would ever buy again.

I have hit pan on 2 matte shades in the top row - "Velvet Revolver" and "Sexpresso" and like both of these shades. They are not the best quality but I really like "Velvet Revolver" worn alone on the lid, and it blends decently but isn't as smooth as some other brands. Although Velvet Revolver looks great worn with some brown eyeliner or a cat eye.

My main dislike is the excessive glitter in the "Silk Teddy" and "Nude Beach". I have used these a total of 2x each. . maybe. They flake a lot, and are quite dusty. They don't show up with much colour but mostly glitter/shimmer on my eyelids and there is too much fallout for me to reach for this. As a base shade they are too light for my skin and look odd on my lids. Overall - I have almost used up all of the matte shades but the others just lack quality and are too shimmery for my taste. Packaging is cute though, but if you drop it - the glittery shadows are very soft and will pretty much break immediately - and I've dropped my Naked palette - it was fine along with other Lorac, Kat Von D shimmery stuff which survived the flight down, but this just broke and fell right out of the box, which really isn't a big deal considering I don't use the glittery shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Ninthe

I like the colors in this palette but I do not like to use it because of the fallout of the shadows. They are so soft that it is hard to work with. Would not buy again because there are many alternatives. I think that the packaging of the Too Faced palettes are very cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by chaumein

I bought this when I was searching for a "Naked" palette alternative. After going back and forth on many brands in Sephora, I decided on this one! I'm glad I did because I use all the browns daily and the lighter colours are great for highlighting. This is my first "high-end" eyeshadow product, and boy - what a difference! I find it be extremely pigmented and long-lasting throughout the day even without primer.

My only problems with this palette are that the middle colours don't get much use and it's very pricy. I would probably not purchase it again, although it seems that it will last a very long time. Next, I will be going for Naked instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to get it at first because I thought the price was steep considering how small most of the shadows are. After purchasing it, I'm even more convinced that it's not worth the price. Although the pigmentation on all the shadows is phenomenal. the colors are not particularly exciting. I could easily find dupes for most of them in my collection.

The main complaint I have with this palette is amount of glitter and fall out from the middle and bottom shadows, especially nude beach, which has chunks of glitter in it. I mean we're talking GLITTER BOMB. It gets very messy, with tiny glitter particles trickling down to your nose and cheeks. Overall, I would still recommend this for people who like shimmery and neutral shadows, but it didn't quite work for me. I will be returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkLipstick01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my new go to everyday palette! I love it! It has all the neutral colors I look for and the quality is outstanding! I go for drugstore eyeshadows but to me the only ones that are pigmented are wet n wild and they only have a few natural/neutral shadows. I really wanted a nice pigmented good quality eyeshadow palette and this is defiantly it. I like how it includes some matte shades but not too much cause I prefer a shimmer shadow finish better. The only shade that has problems is nude beach, it's mainly just glitter and no color. Other than that the other shades are great. Silk teddy, velvet revolver,and honey pot are some of my faves. I like using silk teddy on the lid, velvet revolver blended in the crease, and then coco puff, eratica, or sexpresso in the outer crease. I get so much use out of this palette and the looks you can create are endless. If you don't mind parting with some money I totally recommend this. It's worth the 36 bucks and that's coming from someone who prefers drugstore makeup.