Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.0%)(Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Salix Nigra Bark Extract (Willow), Coco Betaine, Betaine, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract (Beet), Oenothera Biennis Leaf Extract (Evening Primrose), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, Fragrance, Glucose, Alcohol Denat., Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

This is a great cleanser. It is a little more natural than other drugstore brands, which I appreciate. It is very difficult to find a cleanser that is all natural ingredients, but I am happy to settle with this one. It can be drying, so I would suggest applying a few thin layers of moisturizer after, especially if you have dry skin!

I originally bought this for my teenage daughter. But when I ran out of my regular cleanser used it with my clarsonic. Love it. Doesn't dry out or strip my skin.

I've been using this product for perhaps 6 years now! I have strayed numerous times trying other drugstore products but I end up getting big pimples that leave dark red marks. At those times I always go back to this product and while it does take about 2 months of use I know it'll work for my skin.

It's very good at removing makeup without needing an extra cleanser. It can take off waterproof mascara too. Rinses clean. Be very careful not to get it in your eyes though -- it burns so bad and your eye will be red for hours!

The smell kinda resembles ajax dishwashing liquid (lemon) and the product is pretty runny so you have to quickly lather it up in your hands once you pour.

It's got some technical issues but overall it's a keeper and hopefully they don't discontinue it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily, cystic acne prone skin. This is one of the only face washes that works for my skin. I broke out with cystic acne minorly on my cheeks due to a reaction to epiduo forte, and this helped clear me up faster than any product I've ever used for my cystic acne breakouts. I use this along with the burts bees herbal blemish stick for a spot treatment, and my skin has never been so clear!

It does not control my oil, but the salicylic acid 1% in it in cloud my pores very nicely. I love this product!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Speaking as a person with very sensitive skin, this product has been a game changer for me.
This cleanser is gentle enough to use every day without causing redness or bumps. I use it generally in the evenings before bed, followed by a moisturizer.
It has a pleasant scent, leaves the skin feeling refreshed- not overly tight or dry, and comes in a decent sized bottle for the price. So, I think the value for the money is there. It is not a difficult product to find, as many stores/markets have Burt's Bees displays.
I have tried several cleansers labelled as being "gentle" or for "sensitive skin," many of which have done more harm than good. This product will clean your skin without the irritation.

Not sure why people don't like this product but it's worked for me. I came from using Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser (which isn't very gentle) and had a more than a few chemical burns around my mouth and chin. Within a few washes my burns were almost gone and I've only had a few breakouts while using this (probably due to my monthly visitor).

coming from your average acne-prone girl, I was led to the expectation of thinking that this would help my acne. However, it did the exact opposite. I used this and their Acne-Solutions moisturizer hand in hand. I just finished both bottles and I could honestly say that it made my acne worse and everything flourished. The texture on my skin after using the wash was very dry and tight but putting on the moisturizer after definitely helped. I actually really liked the scent though, it was fresh and had natural scent. Furthermore, it also did a great job of taking my makeup off (lot's of coverage) but in order for that to happen I had to struggle with lathering bubbles beforehand. During the use, I noticed more frequent cystic pimples and tiny bumps everywhere. I had high hopes for this product and I can only wish that it has a positive effect on someone else.

i bought this only because of the price- trying to save up lately. this product is useless for acne it did nothing to improve my skin condition. i actually felt more oil on my oily skin after using it. and also i use alot of it at one time it is not very foaming so not really economicall.

i recommend to try other brands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this face wash 2 times a week and truthfully, it doesn't do too much for my skin. It removes excess oil that's on my face, but other than that, I haven't seen any significant improvement in my acne. The soapy smell is not repulsive, but it is a bit strong. Try to avoid getting this stuff anywhere near your mouth because it tastes exactly how it smells.
I had a huge issue with the bottle it came in. The cap is very loose and is not good for any travelling whatsoever. If it tilts a little bit, a lot of the product runs out and creates a huge sticky mess. On many occasions, my bottle had been knocked over the edge of the counter and by the time I noticed it, there was already a pool of cleanser on the floor.
I suppose this product is decent if you just want something to help remove excess oils and if you already have relatively acne free skin. But I am pretty sure you can find a better product for a cheaper price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-No animal testing

Cons:
-1% isn't a lot of SA
-the packaging is very leaky
-not a lot of product for the price you pay
-doesn't remove eye make up

I used to love this. It cleared up my skin and my skin stayed relatively clear for about 3-4 months. However, it's losing its effectiveness on me. I'm not sure why that is. I do know that now I can use it both morning and night religiously and I'm still getting frequent (almost daily?) break outs. It's such a pain in the neck to travel with. It almost always leaks out from under the cap that screws on top whenever I take it anywhere with me in a cosmetic bag or a purse.