October 21, 2014 | 879 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by vellabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this face wash 2 times a week and truthfully, it doesn't do too much for my skin. It removes excess oil that's on my face, but other than that, I haven't seen any significant improvement in my acne. The soapy smell is not repulsive, but it is a bit strong. Try to avoid getting this stuff anywhere near your mouth because it tastes exactly how it smells.
I had a huge issue with the bottle it came in. The cap is very loose and is not good for any travelling whatsoever. If it tilts a little bit, a lot of the product runs out and creates a huge sticky mess. On many occasions, my bottle had been knocked over the edge of the counter and by the time I noticed it, there was already a pool of cleanser on the floor.
I suppose this product is decent if you just want something to help remove excess oils and if you already have relatively acne free skin. But I am pretty sure you can find a better product for a cheaper price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-No animal testing

Cons:
-1% isn't a lot of SA
-the packaging is very leaky
-not a lot of product for the price you pay
-doesn't remove eye make up

I used to love this. It cleared up my skin and my skin stayed relatively clear for about 3-4 months. However, it's losing its effectiveness on me. I'm not sure why that is. I do know that now I can use it both morning and night religiously and I'm still getting frequent (almost daily?) break outs. It's such a pain in the neck to travel with. It almost always leaks out from under the cap that screws on top whenever I take it anywhere with me in a cosmetic bag or a purse.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by duonglega

I recently ordered this product because i have heard many nice things about it . I have used it for about a week now and i can say that it can not remove light makeup :( , furthermore , even though it is not make my skin break out or dry but my skin become extremely oily and all the makeup and foundation keep running off , my whole face looks cakey eventhough i apply only a thin thin layer or cc cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When i first used this, my forehead broke out sooooooo bad !!! it later calmed down and i got excited because i though my skin was clearing up, but it just stayed the same:( it hasnt helped with oiliness or my mild stubborn acne, would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I've started using this cleanser a few times a week at night to help with hormonal breakouts. It rinses off makeup well, smells fantastic (like lemons) and lathers nicely. My skin is left soft and blemish free. A couple drops is all I need so one bottle will last ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Emiiii001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser! It works wonders for my skin and is a great makeup remover as well. It isn't badly priced, around $12 at Target and lasts a pretty long time (depending on how much you wash your face). I highly recommend trying this product. I have normal skin and mild acne and this cleanser does the trick!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by lizg629

I love this cleanser! I have acne and these cleanser truly does wonders for my skin. When I wash my face with the cleanser, my skin feels so smooth and soft. I kid you not. I have an oily face and the cleanser does a great job of removing the oils. My face feels so clean when I use this cleanser. In addition, I have noticed that my face has significantly cleared up with this cleanser. It has also turned more soft and has gotten a more even skin tone. Bottom line, this is my most favorite cleanser ever. I love its natural ingredients and isn't too expensive. Its so gentle on my skin! I would recommend to anyone. Almost done with my second bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Another so-so acne product. This cleanser broke me out everywhere! I never broke out on my forehead and chin before but after using this,I have acne all over my face. I started getting whiteheads around my nose also. When I went back to Murad, my skin stopped breaking out completely. I will never repurchase. I'll just stick to their lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ajstrickler

LOVE! Only thing that keeps my acne under control. You must use something else to take off your make up first, this is NOT a makeup remover. I use Burt's Bees cleansing clothes, then the acne wash. The stuff is so inexpensive. No, it doesn't "suds up" and some people need that to feel like it's "working" but for me it is all about how my skin looks and feels. My acne is basically gone, I'm on my 2nd bottle probably 2.5 months... I will add one con, keep your mouth shut tight, if this stuff gets in your mouth you'll be tasting it ALL DAY! No joke. LOL.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Jackieb2

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Seriously, this is the best cleanser I have found in a LONG time that has actually helped my skin! I had no idea that Burt's Bees even had a line of acne-fighting skin care products until I went into Target and saw it in the Beauty section of the store. This has literally become my new favorite cleanser!

I have combination skin, and sometimes I get breakouts that can take a while to go away. For the past couple of years, I have been using LUSH products; and while I love their products, I've found that they became less effective for my skin over time. When I picked up this cleanser, along with the toner, spot treatment & moisturizer, I was taking a chance and hoping that this would just be a last-ditch effort in making my skin healthier. Well, IT WORKED! I have been using this cleanser, along with the other products in the acne line, and my skin looks amazing! I have little to no breakouts; and the ones I do have are almost instantly gone after washing my face with this products. It's a really gentle cleanser, it's effective in clearing up your skin, and it's not too expensive. I also love that it's made with natural ingredients; this cleanser doesnt' dry out your skin at all.

If you've been struggling to find a good acne/problem-skin line of products, then I highly recommend trying the Anti-Blemish Solutions line from Burt's Bees. It's amazing and will most likely work wonders for your skin.