April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment! IT HURTS. Don't kid yourself that you are going to use this machine religiously. Save your $400. My BFF convinced me on this. She has black hair on pale skin and had laser before and needed touch ups. Swore by it. Not sure if having it professionally done she didn't think pain was bad or if her black hair was key but I don't swear by this. One, it hurts. On the lowest setting it's not so bad but on 5, OW!! I would shave in morning and use after work or maybe I wasn't getting perfectly smooth shave, or maybe my eyesight doesn't see such tiny hairs anymore, but if u have the slightest stubble this thing is painful. Now it's not so painful that u throw it away, but a more gradual thing. After 6 months it's almost like the "Pavlov dog" experience. I now dread using this machine. I started out every week and slowly just avoid it. I wish I could return it.

Well u must now be asking "did u have any results?". Yes and no. Had good results on my bikini line. Maybe it's easy to see, small area, but it worked. Slowed hair. But once u stop using it, hair grows back. It's not permanent. Arm pits were ok, but I found it hurts there the most. Legs not really, it takes too long and I don't have the patience for such a large area. (Tip is small and it takes a lot of zaps). But the one reason I purchased this for, the mustache, and it was useless. Did nothing. Even though I have brown hair, my facial hair is very light. So it did nothing. Tria advertised that it wouldn't work on light hair but I guess my friend convinced me. Do not get for light hair!!!!!!

So what do u take away from this review? overall I am lazy and have a low tolerance for pain and wasted $400 on this machine. Buyer beware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my 4th use of the Tria- using it everywhere I wanted to 4x now. I have dark, rather thick hair I have hated for forever and am very light skinned/pale. I'm so pale that the hair on my legs is still visible underneath my skin when I'm done shaving as a little dark dot, which really irritates me. I've had professional lasering and IPL done to help counteract this all over the years but could never afford to keep up with it or do it as often as required...so never got much for results for very long.
This unit was an awesome gift from my husband for Christmas and I have been using it for a couple months now. I could not have been more excited to get this and try it out.
The pain level for me depends on the area I'm treating. Doing my armpits there is no pain or barely felt...an area I thought would be pretty sensitive. Doing my legs, I can now do a level 4 but still wince a bit. I started with a level 3 but as time has progressed I could move it up- possibly because the hair has gotten thinner. I can do a level 5 on my chin without much issue at all. My arms I can do a level 5 with no pain. It all depends on the thickness of hair and the area being done. My sister has very fine, lighter colored hair and couldn't feel a thing. So again- your pain level will just depend on those factors, thickness and darkness of hair and area being treated. I've tried it with and without the gel they sell it with, and it has made zero difference in pain or anything else. I wouldn't buy it again.
After my 3rd and 4th treatment I am noticing that the hair growing in slower and I am less stubbly and don't feel I need to shave as often, which I love. My skin feels smoother. Some of the hairs that used to grow in dark on my chin are now clear and thinner.
The unit itself is easy to hold and portable and charges pretty quickly. It can be a bit loud when using it because of the fan, but I can turn up the tv and continue on while watching a show. I love that I can and WILL continue to use this on my own, without having to make an appt. and fork over a bunch of money every couple weeks. If I want to go over a spot more often, I can. I can do touch ups on my own. The effects of regular use with this on me seem to be getting progressively better. I loooove not having stubble at the end of the day like I used to, even after shaving.
Overall I am really happy with this unit and will continue to use it every 2-3 weeks as suggested. I am very happy with the results so far, but will be even happier if the little dark dots under my skin on my legs go away after some period of time. I will be back to update in another few uses and we will see where I am at. So far, so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by DigitalBeauty41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish the laser area is bigger so I dont need to spend so much time for the treatments. This does work very well to stop my hair from growing though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I purchased this. I have struggled a long time with dark hairs on my face. I have fair skin so they are very visible and I have engaged in a constant battle to get rid of them with waxing, depilating, and plucking. I finally bought a tria and after three treatments I have to say that I have seen a big improvement. I will still need to continue to use this to zap the ones that continue to grow in but this was completely worth the money. I would buy another one if I needed to and will use it as long as I need to. I have used it for three consecutive weeks rather than waiting for two weeks between treatments - I got impatient. I will probably wait for two weeks now that the number of hairs is somewhat reduced.

I use it on the highest setting and it does sting a little. Mostly I think I am anticipating the zap so I jump a little when I trigger it. But I always find myself running 'Another One Bites the Dust' through my head (for those of you who know that song by Queen) and rejoicing that another hair is history, gone, outta here. It makes me so happy. Even if I can't get rid of all of them I am just glad that so many are finally gone. I don't mind plucking a few now and then.

I bought mine from Amazon.

3/25/14 I am still loving this. I actually had a hair sprouting on my chin and when I rubbed it it fell out right then and there. I can still feel stubble on my chin in the morning so I still have a ways to go but for anyone who has suffered with dark chin hairs this has been such an esteem booster. The skin itself is getting fewer ingrown hairs, which I use to get all the time, and is smoother and lighter than before. I hadn't realized just how bad I felt about my face until these hairs began to go away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Elaine1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive but works! I wish it were lighter because it feels really heavy after a few minutes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by reaton1917

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Permanent hair removal doesn't happen. Yes a laser will cause most hairs to fall out and not come back for 6 weeks or so, but once you stop the treatment, they do come back and not all are finer than the originals! Maybe this works for women with very fine dark hairs, but if you have thick hair or already have some white thick hairs (greying), then save your money and your face. This hurts, and is basically giving you a sunburn every time you use this so don't forget that it can damage your skin long term. It only took 6 months for my hair to start coming back and I now have a beard to manage under my chin and around my mouth where I tried laser hair removal. As much as I wished this worked, we are just being lead down the road to future disappointment and maybe skin cancer at a high price. I wish I had never done this, before I had a few hairs and now I have a beard to manage daily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

*Almost all hair eventually grew back- 4 years post treatment review! Product not built to last indefinitely!~*
Keep in mind I bought this laser years ago, when the cost was around $700, not the newer $400 4x model but I cannot imagine it being much different except for price and look. From what I can tell; same usage guidelines and guarantees. I was so excited for this because I'd wanted electrolysis for years.
After a couple years it just stopped working. After the little activator stopped working it was essentially useless. You can't use the laser if you can't get the activator to work- and there was no way to change the battery or recharge it. I was even told by the company at the time it had a predetermined amount of charges! It isn't meant for indefinite use (or at least it wasn't- maybe things have changed).
Battery life was never enough. (Now it is up to 30 mins. That's better at least.) Surface area treated was small- tedious work. It was relatively painful, yeah, but that's to be expected and can't be used against the rating.
As far as results go... Short term results were nice. I did my underarms and bikini areas pretty religiously. I treated as prescribed, and actually more. At the time, for the first year or so after I was done, hair regrowth was pretty diminished. Maybe 60%. Now I'm on the other side of the fence- this is a little over 4 years after the beginning of my tria purchase and most of the hair eventually regenerated and grew back. It took quite awhile for some but it happened. Long term, the Tria maybe permanently killed only 15% of the hair follicles I treated if I had to estimate, TOPS!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish the system is smaller because it is quite heavy to hold this for over 10 mins. However, it works very well. My hair is growing in much slower pace and is much thinner after 2 months of usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaY

I had broken one Tria so I am actually using a second one. I wish the area of the laser red light is much bigger because it takes a lonnnngggg time to complete one leg. Besides that, I wish it was more durable because it doesn't seem very long-lasting and I use it quite carefully.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by CarrieGonzalez

I have been using Tria for about one year and I still can't determine if this is really better than having laser hair removal done at a spa. While it reduces the thickness of my unwanted hair, I still grow a lot of hair on my legs and underarms.

The cost $450 isn't a big issue because it would cost at least double for a similar treatment at a spa.