July 23, 2014 | 1340 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Caviar Ink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally got my hands on this because I was being cheap and didn't want to fork over money to pay the full price of $23. Honestly, it isn't worth the money. Gel liners are very easy to use; goes on smooth and acurrate. But they dry up. I read a lot of reviews before I made the move from liquid to gel eyeliner. Gel eyeliners will last for a long time, I still have my first one from 2 years ago (thinking about throwing it out incase of germs and such since you can't sanitize gel). But ALL gel eyeliners will dry up.

Outside of that, i love this color. A soft black and def less intense than the black liners on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by icing78

This gel liner offers the exact brownish black color that I was looking for! I used to have to mix Clinique's true black and deep brown to get this look, and I am so glad that I found this based on the reviews here! It also goes on so smoothly, compared to the cream liner from Clinique, which is also smooth, but I feel for this BB gel liner, a little is enough to do the work. I am very happy with it!

Update: I have to say with mixed feeing that, although the color is pretty, this gel almost completely dries out before I used 1/3 of the pot...I tried different methods to revive it and it doesn't work...I hope they made it to last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Where do I begin... I heard so many good raves about this gel liner and since I had a Sephora gift card, I figure I would splurge on this bestseller item. First off, I have oily lids and I don't prime my lids unless I am wearing eyeshadow. Normally, I am an eyeliner gal and maybe some mascara. I chose caviar ink because I didn't want a stark black color but instead, I wanted a softer and muted black. This color does deliver that. I can wear this during the day and the color is great. Not too bold at all. The texture is very smooth and creamy. I use my small eyeliner brush with a flat top and it applies effortlessly. I usually like to tightline too. Well, here is where my troubles began. I put this on at 7am and by noon, I could see smudges near the corner of my eyes. Not a good look. Also, I find that the gel liner will begin to smudge off on my lashes which then smudges onto my bottom lashes. Overall, I have smudges everywhere. Not like raccoon eyes but it is noticeable. Also, color has faded some as well. Not too thrilled or impressed. My pot did not dry up like some other reviewers mentioned. But I have been capping it tightly and storing it into the original box. I love the texture but despise the performance. It's not cheap either. I think I'm going back to my liquid liners. Perhaps if you don't have oily lids, this may work. Overall, I will save this for special nights.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Lounge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased BB's gel liner in Chocolate Shimmer in Dubai two months ago and I still love the smoothness and ease of application. I was sold on Stila's bronze eye pot but the chocolate shimmer really makes my brown eyes stand out. I have never felt sexier in an eyeliner. If you are hesitant to spend the extra money like I was, I can tell you that I have no regrets and will do it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I love this eyeliner. The color is so versatile. It's dark enough for dramatic looks. However, since it's not quite black, it's not as harsh as black liner. That makes it great for daytime and work looks.

I have hooded eyes and the wear-time is pretty good. It doesn't transfer very much. Overall, this is a good product and one I use often.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jillbeannw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite eye liner ever. I've been using it for 5 plus years. With the right brush, it goes on smooth over any deep pigmented shadow or crayon. I've used it for dramatic looks, day wear and special FX for Halloween and other costume parties. Lasts a very long time. A MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by kloud04

Caviar Ink is color perfection. I have used MAC fluidline in blacktrack and rich ground for quite some time and while I adore rich ground, blacktrack was just not doing it for me. I have dark brown hair and green hazel eyes and it always seems so harsh and evener harsher after I apply mascara. I apply blacktrack right on the lashline and then apply rich ground a bit thicker to bring out the green in my hazel eyes. I tried Mac Dipdown but it was way to brown and didn't suit my complexion. I have a warmer complexion and caviar ink is just what I need to look natural and it is the exact shade of my lashes. It makes my lashes look much thicker without it being super noticeable (like blacktrack). Another product I wished I would of tried sooner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This gel liner is the perfect black liner. It goes on smoothly, is a muted black that looks like a perfect extension of ones eye line and makes your eyes pop no matter what color they are. I would have always gone for the shiny liners in the past, never a more muted black like this one but it is just exactly what I want for a nice, everyday black liner. Big thumbs up from me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by abagot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My first Bobbi Brown purchase, and I can't believe what i have been missing out on. I have used several other brands of the creamy gel eyeliner, and I am a huge fan of MAC fluidline. But THIS has it beat when it comes to application. For some reason, this goes on much smoother and easier than Fluidline. The Caviar color is perfect; I am fair and red headed and this is black but a soft black, not harsh or deep black at all, but definitely not brown or grey. I will buy this again in other colors, I am so impressed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by turboblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG eyeliner. PERFECT color, not black, brownish without ANY red in it.Not at all harsh like a black, or reddish like a brown, which albeit more "natural" tends to make my eyes look tired and emphasize any redness. Pair this with the new long wear cream shadow in Shore (perfect non-pink neutral) with Slate (greyish brown) in your crease and voila! You have a flattering, neutral eye that will last all day. Don't be afraid of applying a gel vs: pencil liner. I use a Laura Mercier smudge brush (very short, compact bristles, easy to controla) to apply a nice, soft line on upper and lower lids.