July 25, 2014 | 1946 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by wrenn28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using N10 for almost a year now and I have to say, I really like this product. I have oily-combination, acne-prone skin with minor blemishes and this product actually helps in keeping oiliness at bay especially around my forehead. I use it alone when I'm wearing a primer and it holds up for about for about 4-5 hours in tropical weather. On good days, like not so sunny days, or when I just stay in an air-conditioned room, it stays on for about six with very little need for blotting. This powder is buildable and I find that it works best with a buffing brush. However, it unfortunately cakes if you apply too much. Most of the time, I use it as a setting powder on top of my bb cream so I only need very little. The packaging is simple, nothing special. Refridgerating it helps the product last longer. I stopped using it because a couple of months ago, my started acting out and would not accept any powder of any sort, but I would probably purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

Really not the biggest fan of this. I bought it on a friend's recommendation, so I guess some like it.

It's chalky and separates on my face when I get oily.

I also find the packaging impractical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this. Out of all the foundations I've tried, this is the one I've repurchased the most! I guess it's just a case of it being so commonplace to me that I don't even give it a second thought. Anyway, here we go:

I first tried this foundation in 2009. I had been studying abroad in Japan, had been using some terrible foundation (the only one I could find that matched my skin), and it DESTROYED my face. When I came back from Japan, my mother immediately took me to get some different make-up, and we ended up at a Bare Minerals store. I picked the matte cause I've got a nasty, gooey, oily face.

This foundation isn't particularly amazing. I'm not singing its praises all the live-long day, but it does its job. It covers quite well, it mattifies quite well, and it lasts quite well. I feel like it knock it out of the park with any of these qualities, but it's been the only foundation I've found that is GOOD in all three categories. Most foundations suck at all three, some excel at one, but none I've tried other than this have been good at all three.

Every once in a while, I get frustrated with this stuff. I want something more matte, or with better coverage, or better staying power. I go try new things, get frustrated that they're only good at one thing, and then I come crawling back to Bare Minerals, begging for forgiveness. "Why did I forsake youuuuu!?"

The mess is aggravating, too. It will make a cloud of foundation, and get all over your clothes and vanity/sink/wherever you're applying it. This aggravates and sends me searching for a liquid foundation. I get frustrated with how much they smear or settle in pores, and come crawling back again. "I should have known better!! Whyyyy!?" This mess can be lessened a bit (and coverage improved a bit) by LIGHTLY misting your face with a spray bottle. Emphasis on LIGHTLY because if you spray just a hint too much, your application will be streaky, cakey, and just downright friggin' weird-looking.

It is good at everything, but isn't great at anything. However, I haven't found a foundation that IS great at everything...so until then, this one is the best, I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Iíve used this foundation for about 18 months and am nearing the end of my first pot, but have never been completely thrilled with it and wonít be repurchasing. Itís ok, but not good enough or unique enough to warrant the cost.

It doesnít keep me matte for very long, but then nothing does with my oily skin and so thatís not really my main complaint. Biggest problem is that none of the colours really suit my skin tone, the palest shade is too dark and too yellow-toned for my fair skin with pink undertones. Secondly, though I canít attribute anything in particular to this foundation, Lauroyl lysine is known to be comedogenic and I do have some acne issues.

Iíve recently received samples of the Everyday Minerals Matte foundation which is now free of lauroyl lysine and comes in a much better colour for me (Rosy Fair). Wear was fairly similar, though less cakey when I layered it up in problem areas. For this reason, Iíve decided to switch over to Everyday minerals, which also happens to be cheaper (though harder to get hold of in the UK).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought bare minerals a few days ago. My skin gets very very oily and I needed a long lasted foundation for a an upcoming carnival on a hot day. I'm very happy to say that this foundation worked! Usually I'd be a greasy shiny mess after around two hours in foundation but after six hours in bare minerals walking around a hot crowded carnival I was only slightly hot and shiny and not self conscious about my make up or desperately blotting and applying powder. The foundation feels light and comfortable on and is a good match for my medium brown skin, not making me look too made up or not made up enough. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I've tried the original BM foundation and was quickly turned off by it. I slowly made my way back around to trying the matte version and I'm SO glad I did. I am a diehard The All Natural Face mineral makeup fan and will never stray, but I needed a quick fix since I recently ran out of one of my shades. The TANF shade I was using was also too light for the summer, so I needed a darker MMU to mix in. I went to Ulta with the intent on getting Golden Medium, but when I saw it IRL it was way too yellow. When I get a tan, my normally very yellow skin turns peachy, so Golden Medium was just not going to work. The next shade up was too pink, so I recruited a SA to help me. She recommended I try Golden Tan, which looked way too dark in the pot, but it seemed to be a suitable match. I have been using Golden Tan to mix into my TANF Honey Kissed and it is perfection. The color is spot on and the coverage is amazing. My face isn't completely matte, but matte enough for the hot, summer months. I haven't experienced any itching or irritation from the BM foundation either.

I've decided that the best way to apply this foundation is with a synthetic, flat top kabuki brush. It buffs on the powder evenly, and provides a natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by arianasau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mineral foundation I've tried! I love it. It looks natural, and makes my skin tone more even and covers up pimples (love that it doubles as a concealer). My face stays matte all day, and I find it healing my breakouts. It feels light on my face, like if I didn't wear any makeup at all. My skin is sensitive, but it didn't react to this at all. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation (golden deep), but application is key. I only usually want a light coverage and it really evens out my skintone and although it is matte, I get a very slight dewy finish. I would advise being careful because it is powder though; I exfoliate regularly, use a little at a time, and always do the recommended pour-tap-buff technique. To me, it is the perfect my-skin-but-better coverage and I will definitely re-purchase.

I wish the packaging was easier, though, I sometimes spill the foundation itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not in love with this foundation, but I do like it and would repurchase it.

As someone who is allergic to silicones, finding a good, cone-free foundation is a struggle. This one works. Tough to get super full-coverage with it, but 95% of the time I am going for a natural finish anyway. Does a great job concealing my under-eye circles.

It does not keep me really matte during the day, though. Definitely needs blotting or resetting.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ILChazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice mineral foundation, stays on on my oily face for 8 hours, doesn't dry my skin out but still manages to keep my oils at bay. No need for powder, I just blot a couple times a day. The coverage is light to medium (which is what I need). I use the shade N10 (fairly light) and I'm about NC30-35, buttered tan in EDM range. The packaging is great too. The price should be lower for what it is, but it lasts a long time (about 4 months for me) so it's not that bad.