OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I was really excited to try this product. A little history on my nails- they grow but I always have an issue with them breaking off. So I figured I'd give this a shot. With 2 weeks of use, my nails have been peeling from the corners, breaking off at a shorter length than usual and I notice they are very dry near my cuticles. I'm going to use as another reviewer suggested by using it for a week and then taking a break for a week, and be sure and moisturize my nails in between. And I'll update after a few weeks

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

WOW! So I was on a cruise ship for 2 weeks with the whole Noro virus protocol, washing hands every chance, hand sanitizer etc. I have flaky breaky thin nails prone to splitting, peeling, flaking off and generally being impossible, and that goes double with all the sanitizer alcohol gel etc.

But I bought a little OPI kit on board with this NAIL ENVY miracle worker, and Avoplex cuticle conditioner plus hand cream and some amazing non acetone nail wipes. The cuticle cream and the Nail Envy blew me away.

I started using it right on the second day of the cruise, and it's been almost 3 weeks, no splitting, peeling or breaking, and my nails can tolerate polish again.

I've been using 2 coats on day one, then a third or a colour coat or two for a few days, then when I'm feeling like a change I take it all off and start over.

My nails aren't brittle either. This stuff is wonderful and yes I already bought a second bottle on board the ship in case it's hard to find at home.

(I also bought a second of the Avoplex cuticle stuff but that is another review). The hand cream was OK, the nail wipes great and some drip dry stuff, meh-- my Sally Hansen anti chip insta dry top coat stuff is way better for a fast dry job and I got a bottle of the OPI top coat which is lousy. Pretty good for a test run at all that stuff. The top coat is going in the trash, but the rest is worth keeping.

This Nail Envy is a REAL keeper. It doesn't fill in ridges but it gives me a nice glossy shine on the second coat, and it makes my nails flexible but not bendy. They just feel and act moisturized. The colour coats go on top just like this is a base coat and they stick well so this may be the answer for me for getting back into manicures. Pedicures never give me trouble, I do those all the time, but polish on my fingers is a problem. Not now.

I was super excited to try this product only to find it made my nails so much worse. I've just had to cut them down to nubs as they were peeling and splitting so bad from using this product and my cuticles really dried out and became worse as well. Thankfully the place I purchased it from allowed me to exchange for anything else in the store. Honestly for the price I was expecting more. I'll stick with hard as hoofs and my cuticle oils

Application not easy.Goes on very thick & bumpy. Helped my peeling nails but at the same time made them terribly brittle. I followed the directions. Not liking this nail strengthener & the fact that it contains formaldehyde makes the likelihood of my ever buying this again nil.
I hope to find something better & am not put off by cost IF it really works.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I absolutely love this product. I was quite sceptical at first, I work retail and my nails take a beating. Tried this the first couple of weeks.....two coats and a third every second day....seemed a little excessive at first, now I can't go with out. My nails have strengthened and lengthened, I have, unfortunately a trouble thumb nail and a forefinger nail but I figure that's just a part of the job, those are the nails that are always being abused, lol. It takes a bit of commitment, now, I have nails, I can feel confident in wearing polish and it will last a week, although, I do combine Nail Envy with a fav of the day polish and a good top coat....and I'll get a good week out of the colour. I will continue to pay whatever it takes, $20 isn't that much, especially with such excellent results!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Nail Envy is not for everybody. It's probably best for people with thin nails. I used it for about 7 months with some results, but not all that it claims to produce. It did help me grow my nails out longer, but it also made them really dry and prone to breaking. It stops any peeling or flaking, but at the risk of total breakage failure. If you don't have exceptionally weak nails, I would recommend using this sparingly. Maybe rotate between a week with nail envy and a week without to let your nails get their moisture back. It also did make my nails yellow a bit. In the end, it works to get your nail long, but at a risk.

This is a life saver. Sometimes I paint my nails every 5-10 days and after two paintings my nails would start chipping and flaking til I had to trim them super short and let them grow out again. I bought a mini bottle of this on eBay, to make sure I liked it first, and it's a game changer. I can paint my nails as often as I want, and they're long and healthy now. I wish I had known about this sooner!

I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS! I am so sad I didn't discover this years ago! My mom and I both struggle with thin nails that WILL NOT GROW... Until I discovered this AMAZING MIRACLE! I have long, strong, shiny nails at all times! I've been asked 'are those fake?' Many times! I will use this as long as I live. Please, OPI, never stop making this!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually wear artificial nails as it's hard for me to grow out my nails without them breaking all the time. The fake nails were getting to be a pain so I decided to make a conscious effort to start growing my natural nails long. After only one use of this product my nails felt noticeably stronger and looked healthier. I've been using this for a month and I have noticed a very significant amount of growth, and no breakage/chipping/peeling whatsoever. I can tell I'll be reaching my goal length a lot sooner than I anticipated.
This product also makes an excellent base coat. I've used other basecoats in the past and this definitely works the best. My polish lasts a good week without any chips. Without it I barely last two days.
I apply this strengthener every 2-3 days just to keep my nails strong and it's been working well for me.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to grow or strengthen their nails!

Update: Still using this and my nails have grown longer than they've naturally been in my life, more than a quarter inch past my fingertips in only 2 months. People always think my nails are fake and can't believe it when I tell them they're my real nails. Amazing product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Well it's now day 7 of using OPI's nail strengthener and I can honestly say I am very impressed!! I was a little skeptical at first, as my nails have been in such bad condition due to having acrylics on for a few months..and tbh I thought they were beyond repair!! But with all the rave reviews I have been seeing, hearing and reading about I thought I'd give it a try. I followed the instructions exactly, applying two coats to clean nails and then one coat every other day for seven days then take off and start over. It's amazing what condition they are in now! My nails are probably at the strongest they have been in a long long time and I would definitely recommend this product to any one and will definitely repurchase!! :)

Popular Treatments