August 21, 2014 | 1633 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by PinkDahlia119

This doesn't do anything as a base coat for keeping polish on- when I used it, I have never had a manicure last more than three days. Also, it contains formaldehyde, so continued used use is not recommended- one of the side effects of continued use is nails separating from the nail bed- yikes!

Not for me. I also noticed the yellowing that other reviewers mentioned. Going to keep looking. So far I'm leaning towards DIY cuticle oil overdose: olive, jojoba, and coconut carrier oils with a few drops of tea tree + sweet orange oil. I rub it into the nail bed and under the free edge until the nail absorbs it three times a day. So far I really like Orly Nailtrition as a stand alone treatment- but it required going without polish for a two week treatment period.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by aidabit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used it for almost a year. It did nothing for me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nail envy is a great product! If used as directed, nails grow like crazy! When I grow out my nails I use this and people mistake my real nails for gel tips all the time. Would definitely buy again, although I must say it is very overpriced. It is great on the nails alone or as a base coat

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chrissie69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Nail Envy, Nail Saver!!! This product has worked a miracle on my nails! Six weeks ago I began going to aqua-aerobics 3X a week and I paid a price. My nails were breaking, splitting, a total disaster. Hooray for Nail Envy! This product, used almost daily, seemingly protects my nails from the chlorinated water. Amazing stuff! My nails are not splitting, not breaking, and I am a happy camper.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by chri5tin3

This is an absolute dream to use and the results are great. My natural nails, for the first time in my life, actually grew past the ends of my fingers. They were still peeling and breaking but nowhere near as much as before, and they actually felt hard when I applied slight pressure to them. As a base coat, I was so impressed because it lessened the chipping and provided a smooth, gelish surface to work with. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a nail hardener or base coat. The only downside is the price, here in Australia it is $20 minimum, however I lucked out at Trade Secret and got this with the Avoplex cuticle oil for $19.95. I'm ordering Duri Rejuvacote to see if it works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Aimeeb3

I have been a nail biter for years. My nails split , peeled and were always breaking. I did some research and this was the best. I have been using for about a month now and have amazing long nails with no peels or breaks! I use two coats as a base coat and polish over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently I've become fascinated with long nails and love how feminine they make my Sasquatch hands look So I use this as a base coat before I paint my nails. This stuff dries in under a minute so it's perfect if I want to quickly paint my nails before bed. (I don't have enough time in the day for stuff like this). It leaves a noticeable sheen to it and literally after applying it, my nail beds feel stiffer. This isn't uncomfortable to me. but I can see why many of the reviews say that your nails go back to normal after you remove it or stop using it regularly. That doesn't bother me since I've used it at least 15 times and have barely put a dent in the bottle. Once reviewer said they had the bottle for 2 years and it makes sense now. The brush will paint on a thin layer. This isn't something you want to put gobs of just because it would waste it. 2 thin coats is how much I use every time.

As for the directions saying to use it many times a week, I didn't bother doing that or experimenting since using it once or twice a week does just fine for me.

My nails seemed to split easily before but that has definitely reduced since using nail envy.

After using this regularly, I've managed to grow my nails as long as artificial nails within 2 weeks

I had a $5 giftcard for amazon and used it on an already cheaper-than-retail price so that's why I initially purchased it. Now that I know how it works, I would totally buy it at retail price (Only if I HAVE to)

so YES YES YES I would recommend this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Fionnuaghla

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bouht this product in duty free on my way to sell our holiday home in France. I used as per instructions at a time when I was moving furniture, cleaning, using chemicals and generally giving my hands a hard time. ( I wear gloves mostly when cleaning). I have always had weak, rubbish nails but not anymore. I have been using this now for 7 weeks and my nails are great. I continue to follow the instructions applying every other day and then when I remove all coats I give my nails a rest for about 2 days. When wearing varnish, I use nail envy as a base and contine to apply over nail varnish every other day. My varnish lasts longer than a week unchipped. I have a drawer full of other nail strengthening products which will now be consigned to the bin. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by bluengold2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product! My nails would break very easily and seemed to take forever to grow and we're so thin. With this product they are thick and so strong and now grow fast. Even when I take nail envy off my own nails seem to be so much healthier. I have nails that do a weird c curve on some nails and completely flatten on others. This product corrects it all. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by SweetMonster

This is a life saver! I'm 16 and I used to bite my nails . They could barely grow and were very brittle . I swear they were so thin (maybe like a paper) . I used this for one week as it's written on the packaging and voila ! They were much stronger . I'm really happy I found this amazing product .Go ahead and buy it , don't hesitate !