December 21, 2014 | 766 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

*I'm talking about the one that says compare to l'oreal. not the one that says compare to neutrogena*

*I've used the equate eye makeup remover that they compare to the neutrogena remover and that is good (neutrogena eye makeup remover is great)

the one that says compare to l'oreal:
HORRIBLE
DO NOT BUY
I quick grabbed this while I was in walmart in order to save a trip and I am so so so disappointed.

This did not remove my mascara and it just dragged around my eye shadow.
I ended up tugging on my eye area which we all know is a huge no-no, and it did not even remove all of my eye makeup!

I ended up pouring it down the drain.
I don't regulary reach for the equate line at walmart, but this is the first time it has let me down. there are reviews comparing their facial cleanser with the green packaging to clinque, I buy their tylenol, etc.
in my experience, the equate line (ie makeup wipes and other eye makeup remover) has been a small step below neutrogena. I'd purchase equate when I didn't have a neutrogena sale/coupon and I'd be content.

buttttttt this was absolute crap.
I looked in the bottle and maybe it is because it's not the eye makeup remover that you have to mix first...
this was terrible. horrible. very disappointed. if it was this option or nothing I would choose nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Kerae

This stuff is terrible. I poured it out after several days of trying to get it to work. Removes nothing, especially not mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Decent at getting eyeshadow off. Not so much for eyeliner or mascara. Has a nice smell and was cheap, but nothing special. I chiefly bought to clean off faux eyelashes, which it does a decent job at. Supposedly you shouldn't use an oil based makeup remover for that.

For the purpose of using as a faux/false lash cleaner this is a 4, but as an eye makeup remover this is about a 2....thus the 3 lippies. Much better eye makeup removers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

GET THE DUPE OF NEUTROGENA. SERIOUSLY. DO IT NOW. BETTER THAN BIFACIL for all of you expensive ladies.

DO NOT GET THE LOREAL ONE. IT IS HORRID.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wow this is probably the worst makeup remover I have EVER tried. It removes NOTHING and it burns my eyes. Literally removes nothing. I tried so hard to remove mascara and eyelashes fell off without removing the mascara. Beware. I found nothing soothing about this either.

I have no idea why this is even on the market as a remover. I had to break down and use coconut oil to get mascara off and eyeliner that glides off with other brands. This stuff sucks. Save your money; it may only be $3.98 but I wasted that on this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by pandatours

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the Equate makeup remover towelettes....so I'm not really sure why the liquid form is just rubbish. It barely removes any makeup and it kind of stings your eyes. Definitely not worth the money, get the towelettes instead.

The reason for two stars though is that this may be a good cheap MU remover if you do a lot of swatches. Usually when I'm trying out different combinations on the back of my hand I'll just pour it over the makeup and scrub then give a quick rinse under water. I don't feel guilty for wasting it like that so that's the only scenario in which I might repurchase (not likely though)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because it was a whole of product for a little price. I have waterproof eyeliner and mascara on and this does not remove it at all. It burns a little when I get it in my eyes and it makes my eye itchy afterwards. This consistency reminds me of a watered down liquid soap because it looks really soap when I shake the bottle. I do not like this makeup remover at all. Not repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a simple product but it's a staple. I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner, so I can't comment on its ability to take off that off, but just for regular eye makeup, it works well. It's cheap, doesn't give you that cloudy eye thing if it gets in your eye, and works well at getting everything off. I also pour a little on a cotton pad and take the gel eyeliner off of my brush if I don't have time to wash it. I see no reason to purchase the actual brand as this one works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I compared the ingredient list to the Neutrogena one and they are EXACTLY the same. I can't notice a difference between the two except that this one is a lot cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You have to use a lot of product and significant effort to remove even non-waterproof mascara. There are much better options like the Neutrogena or the Harmon Face-Values Oil Free Makeup Removers so I won't be repurchasing.