November 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by cutupangels78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite MASKS - that's right, I use this as a mask not cleanser. I put a LITTLE BIT - a little goes a long way - in a small dish or bowl with some honey or aspirin, mix it up and use as a mask. Again a little bit goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Catgirltoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for some strange reason I recently started to break out this year. not your normal breakout here, I mean cyatic painful acne, which I never had before. I tried switchong everything n not even wearing make up, to using a prescription. nothing worked. then I started using this product with tea tree oil n I saw an improvement. It didn't remove my acne comoletely but my skin felt better n the scars became minimal. I'm also using this with illumask n wow!! this combo works for me. You r totally paying for a quality product that lasts. its worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the few Lush products that I actually liked. Everything they sell is over priced for the quantity, in my opinion. However I would repurchase the Dark Angels.
I did not use it as my primary cleanser, but as a supplement in my routine a few times per week.
Like many lush products, it is messy to apply. I put the paste on my skin and left it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then would re wet it and scrub my face before rinsing it off. It left my skin tight and clean feeling.
I do not consider it an HG product, at least not for me. However it was interesting, and charcoal is known to remove impurities.
Back when I used it the packaging was horrible. Looks like they've started putting it in tubs which is a few steps up from the clear, flimsy plastic containers mine shipped in.
I don't have sensitive skin. This product did not cause any breakouts or irritation for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I love coal face, but this doesn't seem to work for me. It's aimed at oily skin, but when you use it, your skin is left feeling so oily? You have to wash your face with a cleanser after using it, to remove all the oil.

Also, you have to really really work hard to get this off your skin. Every time I use it it leaves a dark grey oily film over my face!?!?

I will use up my tub cautiously but I won't re buy :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok i love this stuff but i feel its a pain in the ass to apply, def not a fan of that...sooooo just buy lushs coal face, its like the exact thing only in bar form...and i ADORE it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by maggiemccann11

I was having trouble with my oily t-zone and random zits all summer and tried many different products. I finally was fed up and decided that maybe all natural skin products would work. So far it has! I have been using this product for about two weeks and my skin looks very smooth and my pores are smaller.

My main goal was to rid of oil and blackheads on my nose and forehead and that hasn't improved drastically- ust a little.

Pro- The overall look of my skin is great though! It looks like I have a light powder foundation on when I don't. I would definitely recommend this product to anybody!

Con- Try to use in the shower or when hair is up...I have little black sand all in my scalp on my forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by jkhan

I've been using this product for two weeks now and i am in love with it. i have very oily/acne prone skin and nothing ever works on me. i was recently prescribed a tropical medication by my doctor to help with my acne...which helped a lot but i wanted something more natural. so i switched to this after a friend recommended this. BEST decision ever.

The product is a little messy to use but its amazing. you need a pea sized amount...turn into a paste with water and scrub away. surprisingly it's gentle enough to use twice a day. after washing your face the product leaves a slight oily residue on your skin...preventing it from drying out...which probably helps with acne control.

Great product. Highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

I really like this. If smooths my face out and I kind of enjoy the smell, it's very earthy. I do find it a bit hard to get the consistency right though, and it's messy stuff! But I'm liking what this is doing for my face so I'll continue using it.

I follow it up with Fresh Farmacy to ensure it is completely cleaned off my face, works a charm!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Lush, so I really wanted to like this but I couldn't get into it. The smell and texture were awesome, but it left my skin feeling grimey. Like all of my pores were clogged too. Maybe that's just the way it feels, maybe it's actually great but I'll never know because I'm not willing to take the risk. I'm very put off by the way it made my skin feel, dirtier than how it began.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i much prefer my angels on bare skin because even though this is for acneic skin, i found it extremely oily. it will stain your bath tub if youre not careful and thats a pain. it has a pretty strong charcoal smell as is expected.
the only reason i said i would repurchase is because my husband loves it! and he doesnt ever use anything besides all in one body wash! you know the one thats a shamppo, body wash, and face wash all in one haha. but he just loves it and wants more when he runs out.
i didnt use it long enough to notcie benefits because the oil scared me and im not sure if it wouldve broken me out but it doesnt seem to hurt my husbands skin.