April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I love the sooty black and the volume this gives my fine but long lashes but this smudges something terrible. For waterproof that is inexcusable. I bought it 3 times thinking I had old tubes or something because I loved the look initially but I had to give up on this. Sad.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Kait89

I had high expectations for this mascara, but was very disappointed. Smudged all over, looked horrible. Used it once never again. Ill stick to my lashblast or maybelline colossal.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I like: the big fat brush, the dark color and that the mascara gives volume and effect with minimal effort.

I dislike: the damage done to my eye area to remove the stuff, the smudging and the clumping.

Overall this is super cheap and okay for volume and to look awake, but not a favorite when the are so many other mascaras

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Good price and your average mascara packaging. This mascara wears very well throughout the day, applies easily and dries quickly. I love the applicator, and don't find it to cause clumps at all. I use this as an everyday work mascara during allergy season.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by talaaasorenson

I don't know what all the hype is about with this mascara. I see so many celebrities use this and I don't understand why. I am not blessed with nice lashes and I thought this would make them somewhat noticeable. I do admit it is super black and it is a pain to remove it because it is waterproof, but it smears and smudges like there's no tomorrow. The brush is pretty simple and it has so much product on it. I always end up wiping off all the leftover product with a tissue and I just feel like its a waste. If you want to get your money's worth, try using it as a gel liner. Just take some product from the brush with your eyeliner brush, and for me it works pretty well. It's matte, dark, and waterproof.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What happened? I swear this used to be better, I remember purchasing it multiple times in the past. My latest go-round with this will be my last. I can't believe it's supposed to be waterproof - after just a couple hours (and no sweat/oiliness/water involved) it smudged and I had it under my eyes. Doesn't give much volume either, would be a nice everyday/nearly natural mascara if it actually lasted longer. It is a nice, super black color. Gave it higher marks for price (L'oreal goes on sale pretty frequently, it's not that expensive to begin with) and packaging but that's it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

This stuff is awful!!!!! I do recall trying the regular formula and it worked amazingly so I purchased the waterproof version during summertime and mind you I was in air conditioning all day but it gave me raccoon eyes like no other!! I was so upset and embarrassed at how such a hyped up amazing mascara's waterproof version could be that horrible. There is nothing waterproof about it lol and I have oily eyelids as well. It literally smudged so bad that I looked like I had 2 black eyes. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to call it waterproof. I also lost the receipt to it so I couldn't even exchange it for another one. Bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a while but the last tube I bought was horrible. It was as if the tube end that is supposed to squeeze off the excess product was not there or something and the brush is a big old clumped up mess! Has anyone else noticed this? I had to keep wiping off the product on the top of the tube just so I could wear it. Maybe my tube was faulty? I will not buy this ever again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by elizan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Should have checked here before buying this. Raccoon eyes is right. I wore this once, and I have dry skin. By the end of the day a thin black film was arced under each eye. Not what I was going for.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eyelashes: Asian - Longer than the typical Asian lashes, but still sparse. Sticks straight out and no natural curl.
Skin type: Oily.

I love Voluminous because it gives my eyelashes a lot of volume. But I have very oily eyelids. So after even an hour, it starts smudging slightly even though it's supposed to be waterproof. After 2-3 hours, I start looking like a raccoon. Very disappointing because Voluminous holds my curl very well. I always have to wipe the wand because it dispenses too much product that can make your lashes clump together.

PROS:
- Holds curl well.
- Inexpensive.

CONS:
- Smudges easily (supposed to be waterproof)
- Too much product on wand

Overall-
It's not horrible... It's the only mascara so far that actually holds the curl to my straight Asian lashes. As long as I touch up frequently during the day, it's decent but I would prefer not to have to worry about raccoon eyes. I am going to continue searching for a mascara that does not smudge and holds my curl.