Coastal Scents Contour & Blush Palette

3.5

on 9/18/2014 12:45:00 PM

I was so looking forward to using this and having a nice countour palette but I could not be more disappointed. If you are acne prone, namely cystic acne prone WATCH OUT. I wasn't having any recent bouts with my horrible cyst acne (which has left part of my scarred) until I used this. On my good side, I suffered a horrible cyst after using this only 3 times. Despite treatment of the mark I've got a horrible scar right on my cheek I never had before. I'm so disappointed.

Besides this, I hoped for this to be my go to makeup for a wedding im in soon. This makeup just smells bad and is chalky despite the palette itself being nice and the colors (mostly) being well pigmented.

on 3/29/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The only color I don't use is the white but its a great item for makeup artists. The blushes are universal and you can mix the powders on the brushes. Very good quality.

on 1/14/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was using this before my naked flushed palette. The contouring shades were a bit harsh for my skin tone and the pans were a tad chalky. But I use this now for 1. The matte white highlighting pan, and 2. The dark brown contouring pan. While I do most of my blush and contour with the flushed palette, I use a TINY bit of the coastal scents brown for the very hollow of my cheek and it gives it more depth than the flushed palette alone provides. And also, that huge amount of matte white is awesome to have for highlighting eyes and whatever because matte white is hard enough to find anyway.

This is a need for any makeup artist! The colors are very nice and it is easy to contour with. I love this! A must buy :)

on 4/17/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm an aspiring MUA (and still a beginner at it, but damnit I'm getting there ! lol) And I like this . Its not to expensive to were its hurting my pockets and has enough colors to work on different skin tones. One cool thing that I've learn to use with this is using the lighter shades as highlighters. Though there not shimmery , I notice that it does brighten up the face using a fan brush and light strokes. But that's just me..

on 4/14/2013 9:42:00 PM

LOVE this palette! Contouring and highlighting has never been easier...these colors blend easily and will work on any skin tone. It comes with three highlighting shades, one contour and two blushes. I recommend this one to all :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This contour palette is amazing! I have very light skin so it's hard to get a good contour color that doesn't look to bad or orange on me. I found that it is very easy to blend. I use this everyday, love it!

I had been really, REALLY wanting this palette for a long time, I finally bit the bullet and purchased it on sale. However, the colors are just almost unusable. They are extremely pigmented (Which is a great thing!) but they're nearly impossible to blend. Even with the lightest touch, it's still a blotchy mess on me. =/
I'll probably keep it around just for using on other people, instead of hauling blushes around, but all in all, I'd never buy another one. Even for other people, I'd almost rather haul blushes around than try to work with this.

on 1/2/2013 7:24:00 PM

A great, low priced addition to a first makeup kit

on 11/21/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I think that for the price (a little under $20) this is a steal. It's 6 huge pans with 3 highlights, 1 bronzer/contour color and 2 blushes. What I think I love most about this product is everything is matte! It's hard to find anything matte lately so YAY for that. Also the blushes included are very wearable blushes. As for the contour color I can't say how I feel because mine broke(this wasn't CS or packaging fault) before I could try it out. From the bit that was still in the pan that I swatched the color was very pigmented. It seemed to be on the darker side but it's a contour what do you expect. I think overall this is an amazing product that I think I will forever repurchase.

Popular Blush Products