January 31, 2015 | 1885 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Bronze Booster Pressed Bronzer - Med to Dark

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 9:16:00 PM More reviews by emolina

The best drugstore bronzer, hands down. It's a little light on my NC40 skin, but I find that it gives me a subtle bronze- this is good because I'm not really into the whole chiseled contour look. It applies smoothly and it has just the right amount of pigmentation. The red undertones are ideal since it imitates a natural tan (you should always look for red based bronzers!). I never use the brushes included in powder products, so I can't comment on it, but I love how this applies with the elf studio complexion brush. It may be on the pricier side of the drug store, but it's absolutely worth it in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

Perfect bronzer; slight red undertones as opposed to orange, which coincidentally matches my skin tone when I tan. In winter it contours subtly, and warms up my very light olive skin. It's a non flat matte finish;much less sheen than nars madly for example. Does not look fake or done up so overall it's a winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by makeupily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The packaging of this bronzer was what I liked the most when i bought it, so pretty, im nc50 and the medium to dark bronzer just show up a little after applying more amount of powder than regular bronzer, at first it looks like a pale tone on my skin, but after buffing the bronzer on my skin several times, it shows up like a soft dark shadow , that doesnt look like makeup at all, cause it's so natural, I kind of like it for a nomakeup look, but for other things I wouldnt definitely consider it enough for other kind of makeup looks. This product on my skin tone,to me is a little tricky and takes me more time to apply it than my other bronzer, the good part is the natural way it shows on me, and the price is not that high as my Guerlain Terracota.

Updated review: OMG, i just discovered that this bronzer is excellent for contouring cheeks bone and nose, its amazing, I have the Kevin Aucoin sculpting powder and when I tried the pf bronzer on my cheek bone I couldnt stop thinking how much the finish of it compared to how the kevin aucoin looks applied on me, on the pan they dont have the same exact shade but they are pretty comparable in they way both perform on my skin, like a grey-ish shade tone that is incredible natural when I contour my nose, Kevin aucoin a really small pan (3.1grams),is $44 and the bigger P.F. Bronzer (9 grams)is around $12-13, using this powder for this purpose is such a great deal :) see the pics for comparison.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This makes my nc 25 face look dirty not bronzed. Tried it with a multitude of brushes. Cannot make this work and will not spend any more time on it. It is time to throw it in the trash: life is too short. I much prefer my Laura Mercier baked bronzer and even my Bare Minerals bronzer to this one.

Oh and also tried the lighter version: same result.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by reihino

Alright . Too pricey though...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw a couple of reviews below claiming this wouldn't be a good product for anyone with darker skin, I couldn't disagree more. I'm NC44 skintone and this gives me a beautiful radiant bronze glow. I use it lightly in daytime wear or pack it on late afternoon to evening. I use a fluffy powder brush to gather a light dusting of powder and gently stroke it along the collarbone and cheekbones,even effectively using it as a highlighter of sorts for my most glamorous looks and the results are many compliments. I wouldn't repurchase because I have yet to hit pan with any powder product (blush, bronzer, pressed face powder) at the age of 33 years old, they either expire or I get bored and toss them. Should last me quite a while. Highly recommend for all skin tones as it seems to be universally flattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

My skin: Combination, clog-prone and sensitive to many fragrance ingredients. Warm, golden yellow and olive undertones.

Shade: I have this in Medium-Dark (obviously!) and am about NC40ish (or MatchMaster in 5.0, Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation in #5 Bamboo, MUFE HD in #153 Golden Honey, CG Ready, Set, Gorgeous in #305). I use this all over my face to either set tinted moisturiser, for a soft looking contour, or just on its own for sheer coverage. It is buildable, so you can intensify the colour to suit your needs.

Bronzers are something I have always struggled with on my own skin. Either they are too glittery, ultra-matte and muddy looking, are too orange/pink or warm, smell bad, don't show up on my skin at all or are too pigmented and look like dirt. The PF's is just PERFECT. It's just a tiny bit darker than my own skin, so if I use a BB cream/TM/foundation that's a bit too light or off - a very fine dusting of this bronzer all over brings back life to my face. If I want to bring out my cheekbones, I apply some more as contour. I also use this to define my nearly non-existent crease, it blends into skin like butter and looks so natural. When I don't want to wear much make-up, I just dust this all over my face with a large fluffy brush (MAC 167, a white goat hair "face blending brush" that just applies powders beautifully) to keep oilies at bay and it just allows my skin to show through yet look more even and healthy (I have good skin with minimal need for coverage, but this does thankfully cover up some minor redness around my nose that I hate).

The finish is not 100% matte - it does have the teensiest bit of sheen, but this is barely noticeable even in sunlight.

I can't recommend this bronzer highly enough - it's so easy to blend, never looks patchy, lasts all day (I never touch this up, not even once during a 12-hr shift at work), is affordable and you get a lot (the compact lasts me about 9ish months or so). The shade is very natural and would likely suit the majority of skin tones. The only con I can think of is the brush it comes with sucks - but show me a compact brush that is truly beyond amazing? Yeah, exactly. So I won't take off points for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an expensive product compared to other drugstore products but it is worth every penny. So after using about 10 containers of NYC Sunkissed bronzers, I was getting sick of the shade so I went on a big hunt for bronzers. I tried a bunch of PF bronzers but none was as good as this one. If you read the reviews here, there are raves from light or darker shades of skin color. This itself is impressive. The product spreads well and creates a believable tan. It does not come out patchy, uneven and unnatural for sure. It is not orange, which is a huge plus. I am NC30. I have worn this with or without foundation. No matter how it is worn, it is great and highly recommended!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

PF never ceases to amaze me with their bronzer selections. This one is no exception. I self-tan in the Spring months, so I go from an NC20 to NC35 overnight. While I could still use my NARS Laguna bronzer, I feel it's just a bit too subtle for me when I'm darker, so I decided to pick up something affordable in the meantime.

The color is deep enough to provide the definition/contour I'm looking for without being too dark. The product is flawless to blend out and never powdery. The packaging is very nice for a DS product and the amount of product you get is great for the price.

As a side note, Rite Aid was having a BOGOF deal on PF bronzers, and in addition to two $5.00 coupons, I got this and another new PF bronzer for a whopping $5.00!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

This is a great bronzer. I use this almost daily. Its a good color for my light skin. Not too orange but shows up with just the right amount of color. It does have shimmer but its not very noticable. If you apply too much it may look unnatural so use a light hand. It is expensive for a ds product but if you get it on sale you can get it for about $8. The lasting power is decent but I wouldn't say this is long wearing. It lasts about 6-8 hours over my foundation, which most bronzers do. I have already repurchased. This lasts me about 8 months-1 yr with almost daily use and I will continue to repurchase.