February 1, 2015 | 1286 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2015 11:30:00 PM More reviews by shelbyfgibson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for five dollars which is a steal for any mascara and the packaging is cute and with the bright pink colour I know i'll never lose it. The problem I had with this is that when I first bought it I loved it, the formula was great and it worked really well but after two weeks it dried out so much and becomes almost unusable for me (and I use my mascara properly, definitely no pumping) and for this reason I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2015 10:54:00 AM More reviews by eelinvictoria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried so many (waterproof) mascaras over the last few years, but this is one of the few I've actually repurchased a couple of times. I tend to go back to it when I want to spend my money on a mascara that I know works for me, but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mascara.

So my lashes are not super long, nor short. Just average. I do have Loads of lashes though, but they're almost pin staight so I always curl them before I apply mascara. My straight lashes is one of the reasons why I always choose Waterproof, - it tends to hold the curl better. Also I want my mascara to stay put in daily situations like rain or humidity.

The good things about this mascara is it doesn't clump too easily, it gives a fair amount of seperation to my lashes and you can build it to at least two coats. With two coats it holds my curl very well all day, and the formula is not too wet or too dry.

The cons about this mascara is it's not always waterproof enough. I've experienced smudging underneath the eyes and also tiny dots of mascara from my upper lashes underneath the eyebrow. This doesn't happend that often though, but when it does it's without obvious reason. The brush is also a Little bit too big to be the perfect size for me, and it doesn't quite hold the curl all day if I apply only one thin layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by butternut634

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i came across this mascara on a whim, one of those things my mommers buys but never uses, y'know? now, i don't have short or thin lashes but they're not long and voluminous either. some lashes curl, some lashes seem longer but overall, it aint nothing to preach to the choir about. anyways, i think i was just fooling around when i tried it but wow, instantly it added length, volume & and a subtle curl to my lashes! at the time i was very familiar with more high end brands and definitely had favorites among those, but really, wow!

i'm a 400 swipes of mascara type a girl so i really appreciate being able to layer up without having to worry about clumping. and being able to go for a more natural look to something more intense with a few flick of the wrists has made this among my most used mascaras. i like the smell of it very much and with a 3-5x/week use i got about two months of usage out of it. also, the bristles are so wonderful and they do a great job and catching, separating and coating your lashes.

really, a must have in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by emiliu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite, HG mascara. If you're in a rush, don't worry because the formula and the wand will separate and coat each lash without clumping. I use this mascara on a regular basis and it hasn't gone weird or anything like that. The wand itself is amazing and it gets to the roots of my lashes. Now let's talk about the waterproof part of it.... honestly it isn't the most waterproof formula out there but it still does the job. My curl holds all day and smudging is very minimal.

Would I recommend or repurchase this product... yes, yes and YES!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by IsaRiquezes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this mascara last summer, since I was going to the beach for a few weeks. I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras, but this one has been the worst I have ever used, it gave me no thickness or length at all, plus it made my eyelashes stick together in a terrible way... When I would get in the water, little black flakes started falling around my eyes. I really have nothing great to say about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

This is my holy grail mascara; i wear this on a daily basis.

From the price to the longevity, the Colossal Volume Express Waterproof mascara is the best. I'm a high school student and I wake up at about 6:00 a.m. to do my makeup. I don't return from clubs/activities and school until about 5:00 p.m. My skin, also, isn't the best (it gets greasy really fast). With a little touch of translucent powder, this mascara stays all day and keeps my lashes perky (yes, ALL day).

Especially with my short, asian lashes, this mascara does a spectacular job of keeping my lashes full and voluminous.

I've purchased about 5 tubes of this mascara already and each one is consistently great. No irritation. Not a problem.

The only minor flaw with this mascara is that it isn't actually waterproof. Though it is difficult to remove, if you go swimming or get soaked in the rain with this mascara on, it will smudge a lot. However, as a daily mascara I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Thanks for reading! (:

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I LOVE this mascara. The formula is really good- no clumping, flaking, or smudging, and it's really moisture proof. But the real star is the brush. The brush beautifully separates and coats each lash, and is very buildable without clumping. You can get some pretty impressive lashes with this brush. My lashes are medium length, not thick at all, and very straight (I do use an eyelash curler, tho). Depending on how much mascara I decide to apply, I can go from looking like I have really nice, full, long lashes all the way to creating lashes that can pass pretty closely for fakes. I use a cleansing oil to get off my mascara, and it works just fine to get everything off with no residue. All in all a great product, and I've been repurchasing for about a year now.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Made my eyelashes fall out in clumps. Do I need to say more?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is without a doubt my favourite mascara of all time. I'm one to get really bored with products and always try new things but since trying this ~9 months ago, I've stayed loyal! This mascara makes my relatively stubby lashes super duper long and flirty. With this mascara my lashes are separated, lengthened and volumized. The mascara has a wet but thin formula making it so that the mascara can coat every lash and hold a curl all day. My mascara always looks just as good at the beginning of the day as the end. I prefer the waterproof version because it holds and wears better throughout the day but comes off easily with my Clean and Clear eye makeup remover. The one downside is the packaging which is functional but looks cheap and feels very "12 year old girl" to me. Everyone's lashes are different but I really recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Ratach

This mascara is my all time favourite! Having tried countless high-end mascaras, be it Benefit They're Real or Lancome Doll Eyes, none of them have managed to surpass this piece. It lengthens and separates my eyelashes as well as giving them the volume promised. Even though I didn't have a chance to test its waterproof quality on the beach, I can confidently say that my mascara didn't budge when I went through my regular facial wash routine. I advise everyone to avoid splurging on mascara and stick with Maybelline, because they really know what they're doing :)