Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 6/25/2015 10:29:00 AM

I bought this mascara in hopes that I could have nice, plump lashes and that I wouldn't look like a raccoon after having watery eyes & being out in the heat & humidity. Well, it completely failed. It took forever to build any volume or length and after a few hours, it started coming off onto my eyelids without me rubbing my eyes or anything. This stuff was a major disappointment.

on 6/18/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Not even remotely waterproof. It went on gunky and sticky and stayed that way. I had smears all over my undereye area after a few hours, and I didn't even have to use remover to wipe this off my lashes (NOT good if a mascara claims water-resistance). Additionally, this really made my eyes itch, not a good thing if part of my eye makeup is smeary and sticky - it was maddening not to be able to rub my eye. Also, I personally found the wand too big to be easy to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this. It gives volume to my lashes as said on the packaging. If you want lengthening go with the falsies !

on 4/12/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not going to lie, this mascara is a daily must for me. My eyelashes are completely clear and I look super tired without any mascara on (or so I'm told). I do not leave the house without it. I have used Too Faced, UD, Dior, and various drugstore brands over the last 10 years and I have used this almost exclusively for about 5 years.

Before I offend any die-hard high-end mascara fans, let me put my opinion in perspective: after 3 months you have to throw away your mascara. Sorry folks, its a painful truth. I'm a nurse, I've seen the eye problems that can come with trying to get every last drop of mascara in that $40 tube you feel like you JUST bought. With that in mind, this little $6 tube may be your new best friend.

I'm blonde and wear mostly browns over harsh blacks, so I wear this color in brown. I use both waterproof and regular and I prefer regular. It layers very nicely, not too thick, not too thin. It doesn't get too cake-y around the tips, it has a nice natural tapered look... unless you keep the tube too long. After two months the product gets thicker and dries a little more unevenly. I tend to apply this in 3 coats spaced 30 seconds apart. A tip I swear by is holding the wand gently at the base of your lashes, almost touching the lid, and gently rocking the wand in a left to right fashion 4 or 5 times before extending the wand up the last to the tip. This provides a very nice base, your lashes with be spaced nicely apart. It is not tacky or sticky the way most high-end mascaras are, like Too Faced mascaras.

You can find this product almost anywhere, from CVS to Target to Ulta. That is one of the reasons I love it- its no big deal if I run out, I don't have to go to a specialty store or order it online. I can grab it at my local supermarket or pharmacy.

Try it, its only $6, $7 max and goes a surprisingly long way. See?

Full Size Image

In this pic I am wearing UD Naked 1 and a light application of Anastasia Brow Duo powder in Ash Blonde.

Pros:
-Super cheap
-Easy to find
-Easy to layer
-Not sticky, eyelashes won't clump together

Cons:
-Product gets thicker with usage as eyeshadow coats the brush
-Can flake off over the course of a few hours, not noticeable to anyone but you

on 3/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

A comme ci comme ša mascara. I have yet to be wowed by a mascara. This did the job, but is pretty forgettable.

The waterproof formula helped to keep my eyelashes curled throughout the day.

I liked the standard-style application brush. It was easy to apply without clumping.

Not a huge fan of the packaging style aesthetically.

Won't repurchase - too many mascara fish in the sea to return to this one.

on 3/30/2015 10:55:00 PM

So far so good! This mascara applies really easily. Just a couple swipes and I'm good to go. No clumping and the wand dispenses enough product to not look too fake or heavy. I can't comment on it being waterproof until I go on holidays, but judging by how hard it was to wash off I think it should work well in humid weather and maybe swimming. For the price I will repurchase!

on 2/24/2015 12:46:00 AM

One of the very best mascaras I've found so far. I use this on a daily basis and although it's not HG status, it's the best drugstore mascara I have found that will hold a curl + give me full volume; it's like having false lashes! The only downside to this for me is that it smears/smudges at the bottom of my eyes (underneath my bottom lashes) by the end of the day and does flake a bit. If it weren't for those issues, this mascara would be flawless. Ive been through various brands/models of mascara and I still can't find a mascara that can hold my curl and give me this much volume aside from the colossal. I definitely recommend it and have repurchased multiple times. And although it smudges at the end of the day, it is cry-proof.

on 2/5/2015 12:54:00 PM

NOT a good waterproof. Made my eyelashes tangle and get clumpy.

on 1/23/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this on sale for five dollars which is a steal for any mascara and the packaging is cute and with the bright pink colour I know i'll never lose it. The problem I had with this is that when I first bought it I loved it, the formula was great and it worked really well but after two weeks it dried out so much and becomes almost unusable for me (and I use my mascara properly, definitely no pumping) and for this reason I would not repurchase.

on 1/13/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried so many (waterproof) mascaras over the last few years, but this is one of the few I've actually repurchased a couple of times. I tend to go back to it when I want to spend my money on a mascara that I know works for me, but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mascara.

So my lashes are not super long, nor short. Just average. I do have Loads of lashes though, but they're almost pin staight so I always curl them before I apply mascara. My straight lashes is one of the reasons why I always choose Waterproof, - it tends to hold the curl better. Also I want my mascara to stay put in daily situations like rain or humidity.

The good things about this mascara is it doesn't clump too easily, it gives a fair amount of seperation to my lashes and you can build it to at least two coats. With two coats it holds my curl very well all day, and the formula is not too wet or too dry.

The cons about this mascara is it's not always waterproof enough. I've experienced smudging underneath the eyes and also tiny dots of mascara from my upper lashes underneath the eyebrow. This doesn't happend that often though, but when it does it's without obvious reason. The brush is also a Little bit too big to be the perfect size for me, and it doesn't quite hold the curl all day if I apply only one thin layer.