November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by jbluzb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great basic loose powder. I love that it can hold my makeup longer. I have NC37-NC40 skin with yellow undertones and looks perfect.

Sometimes when I use too much it can look powdery. However, when I use just the right amount this is great in covering large pores.

I both use the velour puff and kabuki brush depending on how much time I have in preparing for my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I love this loose powder! It's very finely milled, so I can brush it over my foundation or BB cream without ever looking powdery or heavily made-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth every penny in my view! This is the only powder that does not settle and create tell tell fine lines!! It does not look white or chalky on the face either because it contains light reflecting ingredients which creates a natural look. Definitely would not be without this product and always buy one in advance just in case I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by il0vemac

I absolutely love this setting powder! I use it on myself as well as my bridal clients and they love it as well! No matter your skin tone this does not leave that unsightly white cast. Immediately sinks into skin and makes fine lines and pores non-existent. Photographs beautifully, and is a good value for the price acne you get a lot of product. I like the packaging, very simple, nothing fancy. Will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this for two years and if you asked me BACK THEN to rate LM translucent loose powder, I would have given it 5-stars. It sets my makeup and prolongs it. But I feel like after six hours, my bronzer/blush start looking waxy. I don't like the sparkles. It feels very heavy too. I'm constantly aware of this layer on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Caused Break Outs:( Can't use this, sad because it's a fantastic color, dewy and melted finished not matte. Got shiny an hour later. I have this a good go, but realized it was causing me lil pimples under my eyes and upper cheeks, bad. Contains corn starch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jskellis

It's a nice setting powder in that it has a good texture, is translucent, and is decent at oil control. But there are many other powders, loose and pressed, for much cheaper (neutrogena oil control, nyx hd setting powder, coty airspun) that perform the same as LM. There are other high end powders for the same price that perform much better (mufe hd loose and pressed, tarte smooth operator powder, nars lrp, MAC blot, UD deslick), so I wouldn't buy the LM again. Not bad at all but certainly not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to setting powder. Feels light when applied, does an ok job at keeping oil away (I'm convinced nothing is going to work) and will not make you look cakey, and does not give you a white cast either. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have used a variety of loose powders over the years. Max Factor (in the 1970's), LancĂ´me, L'Oreal, MAC and Bobbi Brown. But this one is THE best. On my second tub of it. It is pricey but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Raylovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always avoided using setting powders because I had never found the right one, until this product.

Does it exactly what its needs to do, sets my make up, makes my makeup less shiny and also stops those little lines I get under my eyes from my concealer.

Very light weight and it is not too matte which I love ! It leaves a velvety finish and I just love it honestly well worth trying it this christmas ladies. I can imagine it works well for most skin types and shades too :)