April 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While this isn't the HG of highliighters, I like it a lot. It goes on well, and isn't too shimmery. I'll be sad when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by xcarbonx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I cannot get on with this product. I've tried and tried, but no matter what I do it just seems to sink into pores (which I didn't even know where there before I applied it) and it clings onto the tiny hairs on my face which makes the application uneven & odd looking.

I've never tried any of the other coloured MSF's from MAC (I've used the MSF naturals with the neutral shimmery strips on the sides and I love those!) so I don't know if it's just this one that I don't like or whether I'd feel the same about all the coloured ones.

I dropped it and ended up smashing it so I've crushed it up and put it into little jars which just fire sparkly powder everywhere every time I open them so I'm not even attempting to try using it now. Massive waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have like 5 back-ups lol, that's how much I love it & I own around 20 MSF's total including Pleasureflush, Lightscapade, Blonde, Shimpagne, Triple Fusion but this is my fave. I look like a supermodel with it on. Not shimmery or glittery but just the right amount of sheen. I know a lot of people like to highlight with Nars Albatross but I hate that color (at least on me).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

perfect highlighter for the top of the cheekbones. i notice such a difference when i'm wearing this! this stuff will definitely last forever. i hope it does at least!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this highlighter. Looks good on anyskin because it has purple, brown, champain, salmon, orangy pearly colours and it's very flattering.
    This does not cause any break outs on my skin, does not look caky and you get 10g of product (great amount).
    The only two complains about it are:
    1) like any other MSF, it has no mirror. I would love those with a mirror.
    2) It's a little bit too much highlighting for me. I don't have this problem with other highlithers. I just take a little bit of product, tap off to avoid any excess and apply it... and I end up looking too shinny.
    If it was not a discontinued product I would not buy it again because I would try to find something that would work best for me as a highlight.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sccs26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have wanted this product for quite some time, and I finally got my hands on one. I have to say I was a bit disappointed w/ this product. While it is absolutely GORGEOUS in the pan, i find it to be a normal highlighter. If gives you a nice glow, has no chunky glitter, very fine shimmer, and easy to blend. I will not re-purchase this due to the fact that it just isn't unique enough on the skin. If you don't own a highlighter, I would definitely get it if you can your hands on it. I feel like you can find highlighting products all over the place from many different brands both low end and high end. If you are not a collector, don't waste your money and go with a cheaper highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping is probably the only thing from MAC that I own that is truly outstanding. So outstanding, in fact, that I got a backup a week after purchasing my first example! It is discontinued, but you can find it on eBay and even in online stores if you're lucky. I was fortunate enough to have bought both of mine on eBay for not much over the original selling price.

The reason that pushed me towards purchasing it were the glowing reviews and raves this received on MUA and on several other sites and blogs. 'The perfect glow', a lot of people said... and this ultimately swayed me. I owned a few highlighters, and they were either too glittery or had an unnatural sheen tp them. NARS Albatross, for example, is to golden for me. Perfect Topping is very similar in texture and milling to the NARS, but appears mostly as the lightest beige glow on my skin. Perfect indeed!

But the nicest bonus is how lovely it looks in the pan. Its mélange of different colours reminds me of the surface of an undiscovered planet made up from gas... with its clouds twisting and turning in the atmosphere... like a colourful version of Jupiter. The outer, plastic packaging itself is just generic, which I don't like much. On the plus side, it seems sturdy.

If you're after something that offers the perfect glow in one swipe, this is it. The only thing that I might prefer to Perfect Topping is my Smashbox Soft Fusion Light in Baked Stardust, which is subtler, but also a bit of a pain to make it show up. Overall, both products are winners, and I love them equally!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Got this at the cco after reading all the good reviews. Its very pretty to look at, mine has a nice mix of all the different colors. its a wonderful highlighter, soft and silky and gives a pretty, noticable (but not over the top) glow. I find myself reaching for it more than my previous favorite, by candlelight. Ill probably pick up another one at the cco as a backup pretty soon before they are all gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sugardrop

LOVE!! Its different from my other shimmer gold-like highlighters. I think this is so much more versatile than Lightscapade, which always looked a little ghostly and white on top of my blushes. This melds perfectly with all my matte blushes. Lovely violety-bronze-champagne glow! I did have to pay more for this on ebay than seems acceptable, so I will only repurchase if it is re-promoted.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

This is like a powder version of high beam! I layer them together to make it more dramatic. I use this on the highest part of my cheekbones + down my nose to get that glowy, dewy look. All of the colors in the pan blend together beautifully to make a very pretty sheen. If you can find perfect topping, get it!!