July 29, 2014 | 1216 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by nist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have oily skin during my teenage days, and Neutrogena saved me from that, but now on my mid 20s, my skin goes from oily to combination, and i have visible pores. i hardly find any suitable product that minimise the pores at the same time gives my skin a healthy, balance glow ... I've used so many cleanser before, this isn't the best at its price. Impressed on the first use, but no more. i purchased the starter kit, alongside with day and night treatment, everything wasn't good on my skin, it breakouts, looking dull ... i woke up with new breakouts, i only use it to finish it, but i only use the day and night treatment 3 times a week. really a disappointment as the product claimed to clarify and balance, nourish and protect. but i hardly felt any ... for my best cleansing experience so far, i've used Palmer's Cocoa Scrub follow with Aqualabel Cleansing foam, a good combo for my skin type ( combination + pores + produce oil when skin is dry )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

So, I'm a HUGE fan of the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask from The Body Shop so I figured of course I'd love this too! Well, I'm using it up but overall I'm not too impressed. It's just, meh. TBS's website calls it "A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime." Well, I'll agree that it's mild, so that's good for a lot of people, however, I wouldn't call this a "deep cleanser." It's great if you have minimal makeup on and washable mascara but this doesn't remove darker shades of eyeshadow, eyeliner OR waterproof mascara very well at all. Once I washed my face with this after removing my eye makeup with Clinique's Take The Day Off MU Remover, what a HUGE mistake! Clinique's MU remover is slightly oily and all this wash did was just push it around and got my whole face all oily. After 2 washes it was still oily and yucky and I had to wash my face with Dove Beauty Bar (my good old HG facesaver!) to get the remainder of the oil, makeup and grime off my face. I would definitely not repurchase this again, I prefer a deeper cleanse for my face so I'll be sticking with my Dove Beauty Bar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as foaming gel cleansers go, this Seaweed cleanser for combo/oily skin by The Body Shop is alright. I prefer my cleansers to be very deep cleansing with a rich lather. I felt like initially it was a decent cleanser, but I need to use a large amount to create a decent amount of lather, it's difficult to rinse off, and I find that I have to use toner to have my face feel completely clean. It works in a pinch, but this would not be a replacement for my Neutrogena Deep Clean or Clinique oily skin cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by violetnitez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The receptionist introduced this to me but it doesn't work well for my oily skin, guess that it was my skin's problem, considering to switch to oxy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love trying different TBS face products since they always have great B2G1 or better offers and all of their products are cruelty free. My go to TBS facewash is The Tea Tree Line and my favorite toner is from The Seaweed line so naturally I decided to try the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash. I like that it lathers well so it works well with my Clarisonic. It is meant for combination/oily skin which is what I have, but for some reason this product leaves my face feeling tight which I hate. I also don't like the perfume scent. In my opinion this is just an ordinary face wash that doesn't deep clean at all. I will not repurchase this and would choose to use a different product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for keeping my skin balanced. Cleans without drying or leaving that tight feeling (yuck), and does not irritate my skin. It does not lather much, but it doesn't need to. In fact, i am glad that it doesn't- lather=chemicals. I apply a small amount and then work it in with a complexion brush. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by agnesknutsson

This cleanser is my favorite one so far! I have tried so many during many years and none have really worked for me expect for this one!
If you have the skin for this I would highly recommend this!!
I love the texture, it smells really fresh (which I think is good for a cleanser) and when I wash it off my skin feels really clean and ready for the toner (I have the seaweed toner).
Since I stared to use this seri I have got so many compliments on my skin.
Now this is my opinion and I don't know if you will have the same result as I since everyone has different skin but I think you should try it out (and hopefully love it)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by hazelbd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this face wash, I've bought it several and even got my step mom hooked on it, it does exactly as it says deep cleansing wash. It strips everything off your face, if I have a really oily day or a lot of make-up or even I just want that "extra" clean day I use this. It smells delightful and I even have my ex using this. Overall an excellent facial wash, thanks Body Shop!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by skyeisnotfalling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

At first I thought it was like a small godsend... But later on it became just okay. The gel formula was pretty good, what with the gel soaking into your skin. The scent was quite flat though. It removed some makeup, but I would have to go over my face with a cotton pad and makeup remover afterwards. I would buy this again because it's pretty quick and easy for everyday use! But generally, Body Shop isn't my favourite brand~

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lynBee

I have combination and slightly sensitive skin.
Trying to find a skin regime that suits me, and still looking!
It does tingle after you use it, I personally liked the sensation and it smells so fresh. It gives a good clean and leaves skin feeling fresh. It's not for me though as I found this wash very drying, even when using the moisturiser afterward. Plus it done nothing for the pimples on my chin. Just to note, I Only used it for a week as I don't like to continue use of any product if I don't feel it benefits my skin.