January 31, 2015 | 968 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 1:15:00 PM More reviews by maria91

It deeply cleanses my face, shrinks my spots and my spots don't look as red or as irritated as they were before I cleansed.

I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I was having a very bad skin time, with a lot of acne all over so I decided to buy this without expecting a lot. First I bought one of those travel sized bags that contain this cleanser, the toner, day cream and night cream, just for trying it...as soon as I finished the bottle of toner and cleanser went back to buy the full size. After just a few days I saw a difference in my break outs. My acne cleared (not completely but I don't expect that as the only thing that works for me is trevissage pills) a lot, the active breakouts reduced and I wasn't that shiny. This has a nice cooling effect, it leaves your skin really clean and definitely you can see a difference. Also I must say the price is fine...I got buy 2, get one free, so I picked up the exfoliator and toner...which I love.

I'm very glad I picked this line up, as my skin feels so soft, clean and with less breakouts. I can`t recommend this enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:51:00 AM More reviews by cosmie24

So far, so good. I like it. Gives my skin a cooling sensation when I use it. Although, I wouldn't use this every day since this is a clarifying cleanser. This is something you would use 2ish times a week as it can be drying. Similar to a clarifying shampoo, removes all the residue and you'd use it about 2 times a week, this is something you'd use twice weekly. Just give your skin a good massage with moisturiser to prevent the dryness. Really neat cleanser though. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Ria82Oz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and trying to find a cleanser that didn't feel like acid peeling my face off has been a task. I love the body shop so I decided to try this product and I absolutely love it. I use it twice a day and my skin feels squeaky clean. I do find it does leave my skin feeling dry. I pat dry my face after washing and use a moisturiser immediately. By doing this I have lovely feeling skin very soft and clean. The smell isn't over powering and has a freshness about it. I recommend this product to people with sensitive skin who want a nice deep clean but a lovely cool feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by spf08

It works amazingly on my skin! It really is refreshing and leave your skin squeaky-clean with a slightly-cool-menthol feel. I use it twice a day; in the morning and at night before my bed time. I have combination skin, with excessive oil on my T-zone, and this facial wash really help me reduce the oily part of my skin. It really reduce the shine on my face during the day. And this facial wash really wash away all the dirt.

But sometimes this facial wash dried my skin even before I towel-dried it, and I don't know why. Overall, I love this product! Definitely would re-purchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPomPom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I think its a great product esp for those with oily skin im on my 2nd tube. I love this product it and all of the seawood collection seems to fit my skin type and smells amazing for me. However, it may leave your face a little dry afterwards which why I deducted a point.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by snowkitten0

Already on the 3rd tube of cleanser! Great stuff I would say. I have combination skin whereby parts of my face (like my cheeks especially) are oiler as compared to the areas like my T-zone. I don't have sensitive skin so this product works wonderful for me, it removes the excess oil while not drying out the skin.

A little tip here, do not squeeze too much from the tube, a little goes a long way. One tube of the cleanser actually last around 3 months or more for me.

Pricing wise its pretty standard for body shop items. It's being sold for $19.90 SGD here in Singapore. But for something which lasts me quite a while, it's pretty affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by makeitbitter

This facial wash is suitable for oily and combination skin, just like what it says. I love this facial wash and I'm currently using my second tube. It does not leave my skin dry after wash, and it really helps to reduce oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by nist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have oily skin during my teenage days, and Neutrogena saved me from that, but now on my mid 20s, my skin goes from oily to combination, and i have visible pores. i hardly find any suitable product that minimise the pores at the same time gives my skin a healthy, balance glow ... I've used so many cleanser before, this isn't the best at its price. Impressed on the first use, but no more. i purchased the starter kit, alongside with day and night treatment, everything wasn't good on my skin, it breakouts, looking dull ... i woke up with new breakouts, i only use it to finish it, but i only use the day and night treatment 3 times a week. really a disappointment as the product claimed to clarify and balance, nourish and protect. but i hardly felt any ... for my best cleansing experience so far, i've used Palmer's Cocoa Scrub follow with Aqualabel Cleansing foam, a good combo for my skin type ( combination + pores + produce oil when skin is dry )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

So, I'm a HUGE fan of the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask from The Body Shop so I figured of course I'd love this too! Well, I'm using it up but overall I'm not too impressed. It's just, meh. TBS's website calls it "A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime." Well, I'll agree that it's mild, so that's good for a lot of people, however, I wouldn't call this a "deep cleanser." It's great if you have minimal makeup on and washable mascara but this doesn't remove darker shades of eyeshadow, eyeliner OR waterproof mascara very well at all. Once I washed my face with this after removing my eye makeup with Clinique's Take The Day Off MU Remover, what a HUGE mistake! Clinique's MU remover is slightly oily and all this wash did was just push it around and got my whole face all oily. After 2 washes it was still oily and yucky and I had to wash my face with Dove Beauty Bar (my good old HG facesaver!) to get the remainder of the oil, makeup and grime off my face. I would definitely not repurchase this again, I prefer a deeper cleanse for my face so I'll be sticking with my Dove Beauty Bar.