July 26, 2014 | 1481 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Huile Douceur Remove All Deep Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this at the last Lancome GWP. Not overly impressed with it. First, like many others, the friggin' pump wouldn't work - I managed to get it to work after a LOT of cursing and banging it on the counter and such, but you shouldn't have to do that, especially not with something from a major company with a major price tag. Plus it's the same packaging as the micellar water and it works fine. Don't know what the problem is with the oil - it's not thick enough that it should cause any problem.
Second, it just doesn't work that well. I've used many other cleansing oils (DHC, Origins, MAC, Josie Maran) and all of those work better than this. This just doesn't seem to clean as well, AND it leaves behind a film (which is a tad moisturizing, but I'd rather it rinsed clean - I can see this being a problem for MANY people) and I can see traces of dirt/makeup on my cotton pad with toner after using this.
AND it leaves behind a rather strong scent! Even after it's rinsed, I can still smell it.

Nope, nope nope...Not buying this again. Will use it up, maybe put it in rotation for this fall/winter when I'm drier skinned, and use my DHC (soon as it gets here!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by powerhemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was introduced to me by the Lancombe phone rep when I had called in @ another one of there cleansers, when I had mentioned to her that I had a Clarisonic Mia and would never be without it. She told me that this cleanser is heaven with the Clarisonic, and she was right. This is my first oil cleanser and I love it, cleans my combo/dehydrated skin beautifully without drying it out or leaving any film on my face, I just LOVE it!!!! Plus you only need 1 pump onto the brush head, so it makes the steep $40 a little easier to swallow. I use the bioderma H2O as a toner and then apply my vissionarre and Dior Hydra life gel cream sorbet........Perfecto!!!!!! UPDATE: this stuff sucks, after using it for a week I was so disappointed and will never purchase Lancombe again, that darn rep was full of herself and all @ the sale. 1st off the pump dispencer is garbage returned 3 before I got 1 to work, then after a week it left a film like baby oil or wax on my face, YUK and worst of all I had to throw out and replace my clarisonic brush head to the tune of $40.00, it was so coated with gunk that even after trying to wash it in the dishwasher it was all goopy and awful. Never again Lancombe. I am very happy with my Clarins 3 in 1 scrub cleanser for day and my Shishedo extra creaming Benifiance foaming cleanser for night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

this is an amazing product! When used PROPERLY it works like magic. You can actually see the makeup being lifted from the skin once water is applied after applying the oil. It leaves my skin so so smooth. I can't say enough good things about it. The color of the oil isn't the prettiest and that's really the only con I can think of lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

First let me start off by saying that I have oily skin with very minor acne concerns. I think I should say that first so you have a better frame of reference when considering this product for your beauty regime.

That being said, I love this cleanser. I stumbled across it while I was doing theatre and needed a cleanser that could remove the thick and heavy stage makeup. THis melted it away perfectly without leaving an oily feel afterward or breaking me out. It has a very light fragance that goes away almost as quickly as you rinse it off. It takes off eye makeup and mascara even the water proof kind, and leaves the skin clean and fresh. That being said, I always follow it with my Clinique skincare 3 step afterward so you might want to use a facial cleanser afterward as well if you are more acne prone.

I think the value for money is great as well. Since it saves me from having to buy an eye makeup remover and a facial makeup remover, I feel that I am saving more money. Besides 2 pumps of this takes off even Estee Lauder Double wear foundation which is the hardest to get off the skin (in my opinion)

I rate and recommand this highly!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product and initially loved it. Three pumps and all is washed away. Unfortunately, the pump broke and does not stay screwed on. Next thing you know, it tipped over and I lost 3/4 of my new bottle. The product oxidized and now the oil smells rancid. I will try to exchange this for another bottle at the store. Hopefully the Lancome SA can replace it with another bottle because this was an expensive dud! I will update with what happens.
Update: The SA replaced my bottle very reluctantly. Unfortunately, I am still not thrilled with this. The initial enchantment has worn off rather quickly because the scent is too strong and I have discovered that it contains mineral oil...It feels very chemically, and when I comare it to other better products I have in my aresenal, it makes me want to not have to bother suffer through using it and get an exchange for something else instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an oil to remove eye and face makeup. This is just too thick for me and it DOESN'T REMOVE WATERPROOF MASCARA.
I bought this months ago and thank God I'm almost done with it. The consistency is just too thick, and you have to work with it to get your makeup off, it doesnt remove waterproof mascara neither regular mascara properly. I ALWAYS have to go back and wash my lashes again and again with another product.
Don't recomend.

There are only 2 good things about this product: it doesnt sting my eyes even though i always manage to spill on my eyes. And it smells nice.

But the packaging is not good, it leakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Freckledflower

This stuff is great for my extremely acne prone skin. It cleans really well and after 2 nights of using it in a row I can see my pores getting cleaner. I don't use it all the time, mainly because I'm lazy, but have been 2-3 times a week for months and its great. You can use another cleaner after if you feel its greasy but you don't have to. And no break outs either way. I mostly use this when my skin is acting up or I wore a lot of makeup that day. I really wish it wasn't so expensive in Canada. But for $40 its really worth it because it works and lasts a long time. 1-1/2 pumps will do your entire face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT::::::::::::::::I had given it a five rating but it started to actually dry out my skin a bit, not much but it shouldnt have so i stopped using it. Its still an amazing oil cleanser but ive just decided its not for me really. if you want to try an oil cleanser I would recommend this though as its reasonably priced for an oil cleanser and it is really effective.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

LOVE! i had used good old ponds cold cream since i was 15 and now 23 to take off my makeup every night and it really was amazing and effective, not to mention dirt cheap... however i felt it was getting too messy of a job at night and i like the idea of a cleansing oil.

I bought this 2 weeks ago because all other cleasning oils in ireland are either too hard to find and too expensive when you do, i like lancome, this was 23 euro and i dont find that price to be bad at all for me personally.

I pump two//three pumps of oil into my hand and massage all over my face and neck for about two or three minutes, then add a small amount of luke warm water to my hands and massge again for a minute and then rinse clean.

Its so effective, leaves skin feeling baby smooth, simple to use, smells devine, packaging is so practical and classic.

I love that like ponds, its main ingredient is mineral oil. Any old lady i know with fabulous skin has used a product that primarily composed of mineral oil. I have no beef with it at all. If you do then this is not for you.

EDIT: still using this and not even half way through yet, will definitly last 3 or more months at this rate which is great news. Still extremely effective and easy to use without any adverse effects. Im extremely impressed and love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beware of the mineral oil in this product. I used this for a few days before I broke out into tiny red bumps that led to white heads. Lovely. I've got pretty hardy skin but this made a mess out of it. I know it's the MO because I tried plain MO as a pre cleanse in the past and had the same result. I had run out of MAC's cleanse off oil and tried this. What a mistake. I was thicker than the MAC and I never felt that it was rinsed away even though I followed up with another cleanser. Thankfully I was able to return it and bought my trusty MAC oil. I'll never stray again. Now I know I can't use anything with MO in it. I'll be reading the ingredient lists very closely from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kbarrow71

Love this product!! It makes my skin soft and removes mascara clean. No need for eye makeup remover. Apply to dry skin and it feels like oil, rinse with water with no oily feel!