July 24, 2014 | 1642 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabeee

I bought this product because I have loved every Neutrogena product I have ever tried and this foundation matched my skin tone PERFECTLY. After several uses, I discovered little pimples forming. They would appear whenever I used this product. Although it doesn't feel heavy and has excellent medium coverage, I didn't like that it was worsening my skin. It wasn't anything terribly drastic, but it was causing minor breakouts. Every time I use it, I experience similar results. I've never had sensitive skin until this, so beware anyone with sensitive skin especially!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite a good foundation for the drugstore. It has SPF 20 which is great. I picked up natural tan (100) to get me through the summer and it is a great neutral shade without any orangey-ness that you find in darker shades. The texture is thin but applies very smoothly. Coverage is light sheer but buildable. Finish is softly satin -- more matte than dewy but not at all dry or powdery. It does not oxidize on my face, which is another plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by HelloTrini

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hm... Generally, I think that it's a great foundation. I have normal to dry skin. It doesn't break me out (a lot of people have broken out from it)... I always use a moisturizer before putting on any foundation. If no moisturizer, then it IS a little dry. But it's not bad! I wouldn't say that this product is full coverage, only light to medium. If you build up anymore than that, then your face may look caked up. It is definitely dewy, not something that I like because I personally think that a dewy finish makes you look really oily. Lol. I prefer a matte finish, so I do powder my face with Maybelline's loose powder. It looks great! I always look over my makeup a ton of times to make sure I don't look like a monster/cake-faced thing. Haha. But anyway. This foundation is suuuuuuuuuuper duper LIQUIDY!! It pours out very EASILY. So the packaging isn't something to complain about. You will be able to get most of the product out of the bottle because it is so liquidy. It can get a bit messy if you don't know how to pour it though, so careful! Other than that, this foundation gives me enough coverage that I need. It doesn't have much of a scent to it either. Not a bad scent anyway. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. (:

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used Neutrogena foundations before they came out with the new formulation, so I hope I'm putting this review in the right place. I remember this product did give enough coverage and I thought it matched my skin tone now, but now I don't know. I'm also not sure if there was a white cast when it came to photographs because of the SPF.
What I DO remember was how oily my skin would get after just an hour and how I was retouching all day long and always worrying about how I looked. That was the dealbreaker and now I've moved on to Almay, never looking back!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by longs4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For me this formulation, although smooth & blendable, was drying after it set. Because this lacked the moisture I needed, it emphasized my fine lines by mid day. The coverage & shade match was amazing however, so I wish this formulation worked for me. I matched the shade 60 natural beige which is a perfect yellow-undertoned shade for a mac nc25-nc30.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gives a nice dewy finish. It lasts around 6 hours. It has a fragrance to it. Its great if you have dry skin, as I had. Unfortunately its very pink, so if you have yellow undertones DO NOT buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mkajlover

I really wanted to like this product. In fact the old Healthy Skin line were my first go to foundations. (Back when Jennifer Love Hewitt was the spokeswoman. :) )

Anyway I tried this in two shades; Nude and Natural Beige 60. I haven't been color matched by MAC, but I use Rimmel 25 hr foundation in 200 and LM TM in Nude.

First of, the smell is light, and not offensive. A very clean smell.

The consistency is very nice, light, creamy and wears very well on the skin.

MY biggest complaints. It make me break out and it oxidizes. After wearing it for a few days I ended up with fine patches of small bumps all over my cheeks and jaw. (Not pimples, just raised bumps.) And the colors def. darken on me after about three hours of wear.

I have good skin, so I dont look for a lot of coverage. Id say this is def. a med. coverage.

Id def. recommend if you dont need heavy coverage or if your dont have skin that is so sensitive it will react to the "antioxidant blend"

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by michybajwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like it i mix it wit my nars sheer glow and i love it .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by supeya

I love the light formula. The coverage is light to medium, may be you can build up more. I recommend it for people who have fairly good skin already and want to just cover up a little. I usually wear one layer of it and I love it like that. I don't like to wear foundation to the extent where I can't see my real skin. My skin is normal to oily skin and I heard many say that it isn't good for oily skin. I will suggest to use a face primer with it to last all day and a little setting powder. I tried using it without a primer, my face did become a little greasy with this. I don't have to retouch it throughout the day. This foundation gives a healthy glow to my face, which I really like. I never used any drugstore foundation before and I am a bit shocked to say that I love this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are buying this product, hoping it will give you a fresh, dewy complexion, it won't. At least it didn't for me. Quite the opposite. This product left my skin feeling dry. The finish was matte, powdery. I wouldn't need to finish with loose powder after using this. I bought this because many Youtube beauty gurus compared it to Nars Sheer Glow. I won't be using either. My 40 something skin needs more moisture. And I am looking for that "lit from within" look. My quest continues....BTW..it doesn't come with a pump..another point off for packaging quality.