Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 8/16/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really don't like this liner. The colour payoff is poor, I have to do multiple swipes to build it up to being fully opaque. However, if you do this before it's dry, the colour rubs off. It does last all day, but the amount of effort it takes to apply this isn't worth it.

I'm not sure why this liner has such bad reviews. I've been using this liner for years now and I love it! My entire makeup routine consists of MAC makeup except for this liner because it is cheap and works great!

on 7/13/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have oily eyelids (and I do naturally have to wear a primer) but even with some primers I still need an eyeliner that will stay on all day without a touch up. I tried the Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner and maybe I just got a crappy one but I absolutely hated it. The consistency was okay but it was far too light! So I got a bit discouraged from the black felt eyeliners until this one. This allows for a lot of control, it is very black, and have a nice consistency. The staying power is great for me and I do not have to touch it up at all throughout the day. I apply this at about 6 in the morning and I don't remove my makeup until about 10:00 at night sometimes depending on the day and this stays put. I will be repurchasing this! I have this in the colour black so I haven't tried any other colours (if they have any for this product), but I would definitely recommend this! Give it a whirl if you have oily eyelids and need something that will stay put all day.

on 7/9/2015 6:42:00 AM

Pros:
None

Cons:
+ Not waterproof
+ Not smudge but just 1 wipe and it's gone completely
+ Not intensive
+ Not buidable
+ Hard to apply

on 7/5/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't know if they still make this but I wanted to try liquid eyeliner today and I found it in my makeup bag along with one other, by L'Oreal. This is in 01 blackest black. I just put it on the outer third of the lashlines and it really improved the look of my eyes. I'd been using pencils and powders and they were too uneven and didn't last. It's been several hours and it's still there, a nice thin black line which isn't obvious but makes the eyes look so much better. I don't draw the wing as that is not a look I have ever liked on myself. Comparing it to the L'Oreal eyeliner, this one is superior because it is a very thin point and glides perfectly. The L'Oreal has a wider brush and smudges too easily while applying. I bought these more than a year ago and they weren't dried out at all. I just couldn't get into the liquid liner (didn't like it even in my teens as it looked too harsh) but now I have learned that a very carefully drawn line just at the edges can enhance the eyes without looking at all overdone.

on 6/20/2015 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was practically my first eyeliner ever (the first one didn't work so I bought a new one) and I think it was really good! It glides smoothly and was great for my beginner eyeliner as it was easy to use. I got it in blackened brown so the pigment was average. Kinda faded and it lasted all day!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Firm tip makes it easy to apply but tends to smudge under my eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This has to be the worst liquid eye pen I have ever used. The formula is dry, the product doesn't dispense evenly, and it feels like it lasts only a week. The colour, even in blackest black, appears more brown, and working with it is a nightmare because of how streaky it is. Avoid this eye pen!!!!

on 4/18/2015 4:21:00 PM

Got this in 02 black. The colour is not the most pigmented/is a little watery, and the tip is too hard for my preference. The pen dragged on my skin, making it difficult to form a smooth line. Don't think I'll be buying this one again.

on 4/14/2015 1:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got the 03 Blackened Brown. You have to leave the pen with the nib facing downward, or else it will loose color and dry up a bit. Even when I left the pen facing down overnight, the color was very watery. It just makes my eyes look messy.

But...I love it as a brow pen! Not too dark and noticeable, but still defines my brows :)