April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Decent but nothing special. I love the tip (can do thin or thick lines, easy to control), and it goes on black enough, but its staying power leaves something to be desired. It fades after a few hours and then it just looks grey and weak.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this marker, personally. It is a good size, good price, hasn't dried out, and the felt tip is still just as pointy and crisp as it was when I bought it. The formula is watery, but it opaque enough for me. This does come of somewhat easily with water, but it's better than a lot of liners I've tried. I have oily lids, but haven't noticed it transferring. I use this for making winged liner. (I learned it from GossMakeupArtist's channel. It is so much easier than the whole angle brush shenanigan)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff!

PROS:
1. Stays on all day, whether or not you use a primer.

2. Felt tip makes it really easy to use and maneuver and much better than traditional liquid liner (with a brush).

3. Has a nice color.

CONS:
1. I wish there was maybe a little bit of flexibility on the pen part. It IS easy to use but being flexible would make it easier on the outer eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by mikki5320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use Maybelline Masterprecise liner which I love but the store didn't happen to have that so I decided to try Revlon. I haven't even gotten the chane to wear it out yet and I probably won't ever. The line hardly shows up and I have to go over a view times. The tip is very uncomfortable on the eyelid and it seems that it's already drying though I've only used it two or three times. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Truong

With the first hour or so from application, it looks fine. Over the course of the day, I find it trailing to my under eyes, or building up in the corner of my eyes. I love the Revlon colorstay line, but I was pretty disappointed with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just like the ColorStay Liquid liner, this product is HORRIBLE for watery eyes or those with oily lids. I happen to have both. Once drop of water near this and your whole liner will be smudged and you get raccoon eyes. The only great thing about this is the fact that it's easy to apply...and that's it.

If you have drier lids and your eyes don't tend to water, I'm sure this will work well for you, but everyone else should stay clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The drugstores/superstores in my immediate area don't carry my trusty Milani liquid eye pen, and I wasn't in the mood to drop $30 bucks on another Stila eye-pen (which I have in brown and worship), so I decided to give Revlon's a shot (after all, how different can they be?).

Pros:
- The price was reasonable, at $10 (CAN).
- The packaging, as with all liquid-eye pens, is ideal.

Cons:
- The solution was watery, and as a result I had to go over my lines multiple times.
- The felt-tip was a little chunkier than I'm used to, which made way for a thicker line (and since I tend to prefer a thinner line, this is a con for me).
- Over the course of the day the line seems to smudge at the edges (despite my use of primer).

Overall, I would say that this isn't the best liquid-eye pen on the market. For the same price, Milani delivers a better product, and for those willing to spend the money, Stila's eye-pen has incredible pigmentation and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the low rating for this pen. I bought one last May when I was in the US on holiday and it's still going strong. For me it's a piece of cake to use and stays on all day. I like the look of it and the fact that I can draw such a thin precise line so easily. I have the brown one which is perfect for a natural look. I've bought liner pens that cost twice as much (and more!) that lasted about a month and didn't work very well at all, so this one came as a pleasant surprise. For me it was better than both the Lancome and the MAC. If it ever runs out I'll definatey buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kerensalee

I absolutely loved this eyeliner for the 2 weeks it lasted me. It managed to cease existing after 2 weeks. It was either completely out or dried up super fast. I liked the felt tip because it made it easy for a winged line eye look. I refused to repurchase based on the fact that it dried up so unbelievably fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

I bought this at CVS because a) I had a coupon and b) they were out of stock of my usual liner. I am on a never-ending quest for the best drugstore liquid liner and unfortunately, this is one that does not foot the bill. The felt tip is really stiff and does not carry a lot of product. I stored it horizontally as the package states and that did not help. After reading reviews on here I started storing it upside down but that didn't make much of a difference. If you have oily eyelids or do not use a primer, then this will smudge pretty quickly. It's hard to get a precise line and it takes me several passes to get an opaque line. I will not repurchase. If you want an okay felt-tip liquid liner you are better off buying e.l.f.'s for a few bucks.