Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 6/17/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I had this face wash, still got a lot left but I can't finish it. I want this face wash to clean my face after makeup remover, decrease acne and clogged pores. It didn't happen. It left a creamy residue, so I used loads of water to get rid of the slippery feeling and it just didn't feel clean. My pores were still clogged with whiteheads and blackheads. I've used it as a mask as well. It didn't work. Maybe it's just that my skin doesn't respond to salicylic acid… I'm not sure.
But since I changed cleanser to a foam cleanser from another brand (no salicylic acid or BP in the ingredients), my face feels clean, my pores appear smaller, doesn't get much acne anymore except when I'm stressed or during period.

on 4/28/2015 4:40:00 PM

I really like this facewash, My skin is pretty clear right now but I mainly use it as a way to prevent acne. It smells like cucumbers and it is a great scent but some might find it a bit strong. It produces a cold and tingling sensation on your face but it is more refreshing than anything else. Overall, a good mild acne cleanser!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Whilst I don't have acne or lots of pimples, I do have problems with clearing blocked pores on my t-zone. I've tried lots of other products that just seems to either do nothing or aggrevate my skin. I've actually been using this product as a light face mask lately and whilst it tingles a little bit, it doesn't leave my skin red or stressed. Keep in mind my skin is not super sensitive. I especially like this in warmer weather and around that time o' the month. I use this as I would a regular face mask, a thin layer on the t-zone for 10=15 minutes or as long as I can stand it. My skin looks much clearer and pores are dramatically reduced. Liking it so far!

on 2/8/2015 6:07:00 PM

BACKGROUND: In middle school they had this really concerned psychologist lady come in and sympathize with our pre teen troubles and stresses at an assembly. And then the talk ended in 'Here's some sample face wash some at least you won't have acne while you stress!' Soo ridiculous, and they gave us these tiny little swear to god thumb sized bottles of it. REVIEW: It didn't actually do anything at all for me. At first it smelt like cucumbers, but it transitioned to a really clinical smell. not worth it, whatever it costs. Also, boo on Neutrogena for mass marketing to kids in such a ridiculous way

on 2/8/2015 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this product for just under two months now. I'd broken out fairly badly with hormonal acne after going off bc pill and was desperate to get it under control. Being in my mid 40s and dealing with acne is not a happy situation! I started off using this once a day at night and then worked up to twice a day. My skin is fairly sensitive so wanted to make sure I didn't dry it out. I put it on damp skin, massage it around, leave on for up to 5 minutes to really let it work and then wipe off with cool water. Sometimes my face is red for leaving it on a bit too long but that goes away. I follow up with Clinique DDM+ lotion and my face is super soft and not dry. It's so good that I probably could switch to DDM gel and get away with it. My face went from really broken out in the cheeks and jawline area to one or two breakouts that are easy to cover with makeup. I'm back to a point where I can get away with just a bit of concealer on the weekends to cover the few red blemishes (have really fair skin so blemishes stand out). So happy to have found this cream wash and I will be purchasing again. I do use a Neutrogena spot gel on the blemishes that I do have and that seems to take care of them. I'm basically back to having the skin that I had while still on bc pill.
If you've sensitive skin then you may only be able to use a couple of times a week until your skin builds up a tolerance for it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

didn't notice a different but i guess my acne didnt get worse. it does the job and cleanses the skin and has a refreshing smell

on 12/11/2014 7:46:00 AM

I bought this cleanser a while back because the store didn't carry the scrub and I was desperate, but I only used it a few times because it made my skin so dry which made me break out even worse. It looked like my skin was burned after a few days. I have really sensitive skin, so I have to be careful about acne products like this. Eventually I figured out that A. I was using it too frequently for my skin (I was using it once a day), and B. my moisturizer wasn't working at all.

I've since switched to just organic extra virgin coconut oil as my moisturizer and I use this wash 2-3 times a week and leave it on breakout areas for about a minute. Now that my skin isn't overly dry, it works pretty well. My acne seems to clear up a lot faster and I've had fewer cases of cystic acne (that might be a coincidence). I also use it when I get bumps on my neck and shoulders from my hair products and it works really well on those, clearing them up much faster than anything else I've used.

For the price and effectiveness, I will probably buy it again. Well, I would buy it again unless I could find the scrub. Right now I'm using a scrub I made which also has some moisturizing things to help with the dryness. Overall, I think it's a good cleanser and I would recommend it, just be careful if you're at all prone to dryness or have sensitive skin.

on 9/30/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at my local drugsore for about $8. You get alot of product for what you pay for. Its a great consistency, not too runny and really creamy. I put this on my face every morning and night and leave it on my face for 60 seconds...I feel this really gets deep down to my pores and clears out all the dirt. Once I rinse my face with warm water my skin feels very cool from the mint that is in this face wash. Ever since I bought this I rarely get anymore breakouts and I do get stressed since I am in school so it must be working. A major plus is that it has keeps my face really smooth, silky and hydrated. PLUS no harsh chemicals that I would normally be allergic to :)

on 9/23/2014 5:02:00 PM

I have large pores with constant blackheads and break out in small zits during times of stress. I usually use Aveeno Cream Cleanser and don't know why I ever stray from what I know works for my skin type. I thought my insane breakout was due to changing products, you know the transition period. Well it's been over a month and I look like I'm 15 again. I have large painful pimples and zits everywhere. This product feels like a lotion when applied and leaves my face feeling greasy. The only reason I am not giving it 1 star is because I think it may be good to use once a week as a hydrating mask. Back to Aveeno I go.

on 9/15/2014 1:11:00 AM

I had been searching for an exfoliating scrub for my dry skin for a good price on makeupalley, and I came across the Neutrogena power clear scrub. I was convinced with the plentiful good reviews, and i felt good about the ingredients. Well i accidentally bought the cream wash... I am a college student on a budget so it bummed me that I couldn't buy the other and I'd already used it too much to return it.
I love that this has glycolic acid and salicylic acid, my plan was to let it soak on my face as a mask for 15 minutes before washing off as a gentle chemical exfoliant, well fortunately this was the same ingredients as the scrub, only the scrub had microbeads.

So i decided to add sugar! And oh my wow my face is ultra baby butt soft. It turns out that this is 2.8 more ounces for the same price as the scrub, is more appropriate to the sort of mask soak i do with this, and if i dont feel the need to exfoliate i just use it without the sugar. Besides you can put as much sugar as you want so you control the exfoliation.

I'm suuuper satisfied with this! With the glycerin and the two acids, im just overly excited with how good my face is doing. Dont get me wrong theres more to my regimen, (obviously, this alone would be too drying for anyone with even mildly dry skin) but with my other stuff i dont have the slightest pimple! I do have some discoloration and a couple of inactive cysts that ive had for months but im working on a diet change for those, nothing topical has ever made them budge. And trust me ive tried a lot. If you aren't satisfied with this regarding pore cleaning, ADD SUGAR! You won't regret it.