December 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by ayoocynthiagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

didn't notice a different but i guess my acne didnt get worse. it does the job and cleanses the skin and has a refreshing smell

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by WyllowL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser a while back because the store didn't carry the scrub and I was desperate, but I only used it a few times because it made my skin so dry which made me break out even worse. It looked like my skin was burned after a few days. I have really sensitive skin, so I have to be careful about acne products like this. Eventually I figured out that A. I was using it too frequently for my skin (I was using it once a day), and B. my moisturizer wasn't working at all.

I've since switched to just organic extra virgin coconut oil as my moisturizer and I use this wash 2-3 times a week and leave it on breakout areas for about a minute. Now that my skin isn't overly dry, it works pretty well. My acne seems to clear up a lot faster and I've had fewer cases of cystic acne (that might be a coincidence). I also use it when I get bumps on my neck and shoulders from my hair products and it works really well on those, clearing them up much faster than anything else I've used.

For the price and effectiveness, I will probably buy it again. Well, I would buy it again unless I could find the scrub. Right now I'm using a scrub I made which also has some moisturizing things to help with the dryness. Overall, I think it's a good cleanser and I would recommend it, just be careful if you're at all prone to dryness or have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by max44

I bought this at my local drugsore for about $8. You get alot of product for what you pay for. Its a great consistency, not too runny and really creamy. I put this on my face every morning and night and leave it on my face for 60 seconds...I feel this really gets deep down to my pores and clears out all the dirt. Once I rinse my face with warm water my skin feels very cool from the mint that is in this face wash. Ever since I bought this I rarely get anymore breakouts and I do get stressed since I am in school so it must be working. A major plus is that it has keeps my face really smooth, silky and hydrated. PLUS no harsh chemicals that I would normally be allergic to :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nadijah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have large pores with constant blackheads and break out in small zits during times of stress. I usually use Aveeno Cream Cleanser and don't know why I ever stray from what I know works for my skin type. I thought my insane breakout was due to changing products, you know the transition period. Well it's been over a month and I look like I'm 15 again. I have large painful pimples and zits everywhere. This product feels like a lotion when applied and leaves my face feeling greasy. The only reason I am not giving it 1 star is because I think it may be good to use once a week as a hydrating mask. Back to Aveeno I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been searching for an exfoliating scrub for my dry skin for a good price on makeupalley, and I came across the Neutrogena power clear scrub. I was convinced with the plentiful good reviews, and i felt good about the ingredients. Well i accidentally bought the cream wash... I am a college student on a budget so it bummed me that I couldn't buy the other and I'd already used it too much to return it.
I love that this has glycolic acid and salicylic acid, my plan was to let it soak on my face as a mask for 15 minutes before washing off as a gentle chemical exfoliant, well fortunately this was the same ingredients as the scrub, only the scrub had microbeads.

So i decided to add sugar! And oh my wow my face is ultra baby butt soft. It turns out that this is 2.8 more ounces for the same price as the scrub, is more appropriate to the sort of mask soak i do with this, and if i dont feel the need to exfoliate i just use it without the sugar. Besides you can put as much sugar as you want so you control the exfoliation.

I'm suuuper satisfied with this! With the glycerin and the two acids, im just overly excited with how good my face is doing. Dont get me wrong theres more to my regimen, (obviously, this alone would be too drying for anyone with even mildly dry skin) but with my other stuff i dont have the slightest pimple! I do have some discoloration and a couple of inactive cysts that ive had for months but im working on a diet change for those, nothing topical has ever made them budge. And trust me ive tried a lot. If you aren't satisfied with this regarding pore cleaning, ADD SUGAR! You won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by danielled65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Use this every day! Its not very effective if you're looking for a deep cleanser but I pair this with the acne stress power scrub and it works amazingly! I love gentle using scrubs daily but it can leave my skin a bit dry so I wash with this straight after and it hydrates and softens my skin beautifully:)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Mmmel

Tried to like this, but I really can't.

This does not wash off my makeup whatsoever and leaves me feeling greasy. It feels more like a tingly lotion with beads than a face wash.

I do not see any difference with my acne when I use this product. I don't even feel like my skin is clean after a wash. Right now, I'm just trying to use it all instead of throwing it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by wheee

overall good cleanser. I used to get only occasional 1 or 2 breakouts. Until recently, my forehead had a huge breakout and it had a lot of pimples coming out. I tried applying treatments, but nothing seemed to work. Then I tried my roommate's neutrogena cleanser, and after a few days, all the large pimples went away. I also stopped having new pimples coming out after using this. Now, I still have some scars and small pimples left, but this cleanser really did the trick in terms of stopping my pimples from growing and reducing them. will rebuy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by SaraMichelle91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for at least four of five years. It doesn't dry out my skin and is the only acne cleanser I have used in recent years that I really like. I still battle from the occasional beak out but it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be (this may be because my skin is getting better with age also.) I can not see myself ever NOT using this face wash. I use it every time I cleanse my skin and use it with my Clarisonic Mia 2. I get it from Walmart and it is fairly cheap in price and lasts me awhile. It is usually just under $7 but I can sometimes get it for under $6 when it goes on Roll Back, or whatever it is that Walmart does. Awesome product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mgrafer

I thought i would love this product. It had everything i wanted, salicylic acid, redness reduction, treating my acne before it even happened, etc.
I HATE this product. Its horrible. It causes me to break out with the most terrible cystic acne ever, and thats after two washes with this stuff!! I have never had cystic acne naturally.
Dont buy this, its just not worth the risk.