September 30, 2014 | 1819 users online

Bronzers - Smashbox - Bronze Lights - Sunkissed Matte

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First this product didn't work for me because of color only. If the color had been different this would be a 5 star product. The smashbox bronzers are great because they are matte, great for contouring and worth the price....if you are warm toned. Most makeup is aimed at warm toned skin and i'm cooler toned. This bronzer is a nice, deep, golden brown that lasts a long time and applies smoothly. If you are a cooler skin tone than this may not work since it will make your face look dirty if you're not careful. I can pull it off in the summer but a light grey or cool taupe eye shadow actually works best when i'm contouring my face. If you are a warm toned girl than I would highly recommend it. It lasts a long time and gives the perfect contour or sun kissed glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: No sparkle, shimmer or "glow" from oil. Matte.

CONS: The screw on lid is probably more of a hassle than a flip-top type of lid. Way too orange on me (I'm N10-15). (See alternates below.)

ALTERNATES: I like the "suntan" more, even though it is the darker bronzer by Smashbox because it was less orange (more neutral) and looked much better on my skin. I just use less of it. PROS: No sparkle, shimmer or "glow" from oil. A nice warmth when applied lightly. Matte. Has lasted me forever. Bought it over three years ago. Looks great on my N to NC 10-15 skin, if I apply very lightly.

APPLICATION TIPS: I lean toward NC. I like the "suntan" more, even though it is the darker bronzer by Smashbox because it was less orange (more neutral) and looked much better on my skin. I just use less of it. I have fallen in love with Too-Faced's Milk Chocolate bronzer. It applies so easily. It's a bit less orange and it's lighter than this, so I can use it more easily for a more natural contour color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Piwi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good bronzer powder, make me look so natural and tanned! It's my favorite

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this last week and when I first put it on it looks great give it a few hours and it turns orange maybe it's because I have oily skin and it turns it that color from the oil I must say this is the worst bronzer I've ever used not to mention it made me break out

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed a bronzer because I wanted to start contouring my face since it has a round shape and I don't really like it...so I tried the Clarins duo bronzer but it was a complete waste of money because the product wouldn't even get on the brush and looked so orangey on me. So, I decided to try the Smashbox one coz I've seen that Mario Devidanovic uses it on Kim Kardashian...and I just love this bronzer, even though I'm really pale (I'm Dior's 010 ivore) this goes fine on my skin tone and is not orangey at all! I apply it with my smashbox funbrush and it just looks gorgeous on me. it's pricey but completely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I usually use Rimmel bronzers (but believe when I say I have tried most, from Guerlain, Nars, Estee, Clinique, Dior, Mac, Lancome, Benefit etc) I was looking for a matte bronzer that didnt turn orange and this is it! It is a great colour for my NC30 skin, a light brown sunkissed shade (hence the name I guess) I find it doesnt streak, blends easy and looks very natural. Great to use as a contour as well! I am tempted to buy the darker colour for when I am more tanned, but so far this bronzer is becoming my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

You only have to apply very little and you're still going to get a good natural shade.
Gives the face a good glow, at least during the first few hours.
I don't tan so I don't have to apply much = will last a very long time.
Doesn't contain shimmer.
High pigmentation
Overall it's a pretty decent bronzer.
The package is smaller than the regular ones and fits nicely in my makeup bag.
I will probably repurchase.

It highlights red acne scars.
It vanishes during the day, so you'll have to reaply.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by wendeline22

I've used Benefit's Hoopla and Bare Minearls bronzers in the past but wanted to try something new. I prefer matte bronzers as I don't like the glittery look. I use bronzers for all-over color but for contouring as well. I wish the color was darker as you can't really tell that I have it on. I'm a light-medium shade. I've tried using a denser brush like a kabuki brush to add more color which helped a little. The bronzer is not cakey like what I experienced with Hoopla which is a big plus. I'm going to be purchasing another brand next in hopes of getting a richer tan color.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I completely adored this bronzer when I first purchased it. It provided a very natural, soft look, and had an extremely buttery feel. After I've had it for a few months, it began to change. On my pale, winter complexion, it had begun to oxidize and turn quite orange after just an hour of wear. Then, after a while, I could barely get any pigment from it at all. The packaging was very simple, just a screw-off cap, and you got quite a bit of product, but this was a miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Saandes2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So on days I want to look very sunkissed(haha what ginger does) I use this smashbox instead of my everyday minerals bronzer. Its a bit darker but still matte so I still get a natural everyday look. Its a very light powder and the only thing I think most women would have a problem with is the packaging like I did. It very minimal and I love that but its a screw on and off top which i just find inconvient but all around most women would love this bronzer.