Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 4/3/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Revlon's Really Red is great for a drugstore red lipstick because it doesn't have a noticeably orange or blue undertone - it's hard to find a good quality drugstore lipstick that doesn't lean too blue or too orange against my pale skin, but Really Red straddles the line perfectly. The tone of red is very similar to MAC Russian Red, but with a bit less blue in the undertone.

The finish to the lipstick is matte, so this is obviously a bit dryer in comparison to the other lipsticks that Revlon makes. Because of this I've found that this lipstick isn't as easy to distribute onto my lips evenly as a creme lipstick - which is why I've removed a star. The plus side to this is that the formula has great pigmentation and once it's on your lips it won't smudge or bleed, and despite feeling dry it hasn't had a noticeably drying effect on my lips. The other plus is that the lasting power is better then it is with the non-matte shades in Revlon's Lustrous lipstick line; about 6 hours, depending on food/drink. I've had no problems with the packaging - it is secure and doesn't look cheap.

on 3/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is actually red. Not berry red. Not blue red. Red. This was my go to for a red lip before I discovered Sephora's Lip Cream Stain in Always Red. Now I always end up wearing that because the staying power is just phenomenal and the price is right, but Revlon lipsticks were my first love and this will give you a great red lip at the drugstore.

on 3/4/2015 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wonderful matte red lipstick!
***Colour is a dupe of the Loreal's discontinued "Penelope" red lipstick.

An expensive looking shade of red, leaning towards an orangey undertone, but I believe it is wearable on anyone! It is so classic looking, and slightly dark, which I believe is far more wearable than a bright red lip. You can wear this shade without eye makeup for a modern look, or spice up a smokey eye.

The colour the model wears in the advertisement is exactly what you get with a full application, otherwise, you can blend out a little dap for a more stained look as this matte lipstick is not drying, and resembles a moisturizing lip liner. Try putting it on with a lip brush for precision.

Absolutely, lovely!

on 2/4/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a beautiful matte lipstick! The color is very bright and makes lips POP! Of course, it's best to use a lip primer underneath and to eliminate any feathering loose skin on your lips...otherwise, this is a great item. I wouldn't suggest this color for darker complexions because it might be too bright and "orangey" red.

on 12/31/2014 2:14:00 PM

I love the Revlon mattes. I have 4 in total. I wanted to love this but this turned orange on me. On my nc30-35 skin and darker mauve lips, it was too orangey red and its not the lipstick I was going for in my reds. My teeth were yellow-y.

I'll play around with it some more but I might have to give it away.

on 11/8/2014 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

THE PERFECT MATTE REAL RED DRUGSTORE LIPSTICK.

Lasts long, looks good on all skin tones, doesn't look cheap like other drugstore red lipsticks (it's seriously the perfect RED color).

Enough said.

on 8/21/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Firstly this lipstick is (thankfully) not discontinued!
I am a lipstick fiend and have a sizeable collection of red lipsticks and this one is hands down my favourite of them all.

Really Red is a neutral to warm classic red with a slightly brown undertone. The touch of brown in the colour makes it somewhat muted and not garish in any way. It's a very elegant shade of red which looks great for daytime or evening.

I have MAC Russian Red and Ruby Woo and contrary to popular belief, Revlon Really Red is not a dupe for either of those.
In comparison Russian Red is more neutral (cooler toned) and Ruby Woo is much cooler and brighter with a blue undertone. I'd say the colour of Revlon Really Red is right in-between MAC Chili and MAC Russian Red, like a perfect blend of the two.
I have warm undertones in my skin and the warmth in Really Red is probably why I find it super flattering on me. It compliments my skin so well and gives me a nice glow.

For a bolder red lipstick look I recommend Wet n Wild Stoplight Red which is another red I really love.

on 5/17/2014 1:36:00 PM

I am not sure why this shade is listed as discontinued. Here in London, I keep seeing the shade being sold in various Boots and Superdrug shops. I love this shade and find it flattering no matter if I am normally tanned to sunburnt. The lippie glides on smoothly and wear time is really good. Do exfoliate your lips and moisturize with lip balm prior to wearing for better results and wear.

This is a great, muted, universally flattering, everyday red, and I really enjoy it. I was disappointed in the formula because it fades and makes my lips feel gritty. (This is probably because its a matte lipstick.) that aside, its still a good product and is long-wearing compared to others I've tried. I have read that this is a dupe for Ruby Woo, though I can't compare them personally since I do not own it.

on 2/18/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is a red that works on everyone. A bold red that lights up my face as soon as I put it on. It is matte, so be sure to exfoliate your lips and moisturize BEFORE you wear this. It lasts a event amount of time, and the price is great.

Popular Lipsticks