Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 6/4/2015 2:35:00 PM

Guess I'm the odd (wo)man out. Revlon Really Red on me is a warm, rusty brick red. Not neutral. Not cool-toned. Not a bright classic red. And I hate it when something claims it's matte when really it's not. I don't find this lipstick matte enough. The color was not flattering on me since I have cool fair skin but there are worse lipsticks out there...

on 6/3/2015 4:36:00 AM

Had to trek to Ulta to find it but it was so worth the trip! I have pretty fair skin and this is the perfect shade of red for me. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

on 5/28/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Really no complaints about lipstick. Amazing price, decent packaging, lovely colour payoff. This is more of a MAC Ruby Woo rather than Russian Red, and personally I prefer the latter. Lovely red lipstick though, a good staple for every girl's makeup bag.

on 5/26/2015 12:58:00 PM

This is amazing. I have a Chanel Rouge at home and it doesn't compare to this...This is a true matte red, perfect for that rich red retro look. I love it! It applies smoothly, doesn't dry up, stays on forever, and it under 10$! How can you go wrong??!!

on 4/3/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Revlon's Really Red is great for a drugstore red lipstick because it doesn't have a noticeably orange or blue undertone - it's hard to find a good quality drugstore lipstick that doesn't lean too blue or too orange against my pale skin, but Really Red straddles the line perfectly. The tone of red is very similar to MAC Russian Red, but with a bit less blue in the undertone.

The finish to the lipstick is matte, so this is obviously a bit dryer in comparison to the other lipsticks that Revlon makes. Because of this I've found that this lipstick isn't as easy to distribute onto my lips evenly as a creme lipstick - which is why I've removed a star. The plus side to this is that the formula has great pigmentation and once it's on your lips it won't smudge or bleed, and despite feeling dry it hasn't had a noticeably drying effect on my lips. The other plus is that the lasting power is better then it is with the non-matte shades in Revlon's Lustrous lipstick line; about 6 hours, depending on food/drink. I've had no problems with the packaging - it is secure and doesn't look cheap.

on 3/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is actually red. Not berry red. Not blue red. Red. This was my go to for a red lip before I discovered Sephora's Lip Cream Stain in Always Red. Now I always end up wearing that because the staying power is just phenomenal and the price is right, but Revlon lipsticks were my first love and this will give you a great red lip at the drugstore.

on 3/4/2015 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wonderful matte red lipstick!
***Colour is a dupe of the Loreal's discontinued "Penelope" red lipstick.

An expensive looking shade of red, leaning towards an orangey undertone, but I believe it is wearable on anyone! It is so classic looking, and slightly dark, which I believe is far more wearable than a bright red lip. You can wear this shade without eye makeup for a modern look, or spice up a smokey eye.

The colour the model wears in the advertisement is exactly what you get with a full application, otherwise, you can blend out a little dap for a more stained look as this matte lipstick is not drying, and resembles a moisturizing lip liner. Try putting it on with a lip brush for precision.

Absolutely, lovely!

on 2/4/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a beautiful matte lipstick! The color is very bright and makes lips POP! Of course, it's best to use a lip primer underneath and to eliminate any feathering loose skin on your lips...otherwise, this is a great item. I wouldn't suggest this color for darker complexions because it might be too bright and "orangey" red.

on 12/31/2014 2:14:00 PM

I love the Revlon mattes. I have 4 in total. I wanted to love this but this turned orange on me. On my nc30-35 skin and darker mauve lips, it was too orangey red and its not the lipstick I was going for in my reds. My teeth were yellow-y.

I'll play around with it some more but I might have to give it away.

on 11/8/2014 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

THE PERFECT MATTE REAL RED DRUGSTORE LIPSTICK.

Lasts long, looks good on all skin tones, doesn't look cheap like other drugstore red lipsticks (it's seriously the perfect RED color).

Enough said.