February 27, 2015 | 2021 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2015 8:01:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product! I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 only because it is a highly pigmented silvery taupe and dramatically changes your shadow color. I can only use this with neutral or plum based shadows. Definitely is not a primer you can use everyday with all your shadows.

I apply with a small brush and you have to work quickly because it dries fast and then there is no budging it!! Never creases or fades but washes off easily with warm water.

I've used nearly an entire squeeze tube of it and will buy this again!! It is perfect as a stand alone shadow with mascara. The tube is sanitary and easy.

My skin is extremely ridiculously scaley dry and I apply heavy moisturizer then my BB Cream over my eyelids then this primer. It's never flakey or dry on me.

Excellent product, worth the money!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2015 4:19:00 PM More reviews by trixel

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love UD products and I wanted to love this primer/shadow but it doesn't work on me at all. I've got hooded eyelids that are very dry. No matter how I apply it, this product highlights the wrinkles and dry patches. The metallic color also transfers around my eye area by mid day... the opposite of what I expected to happen.

This probably would have worked great on me in my 20s and 30s when I had smooth and not-dry eyelids.

It *is* great for grabbing shadow and liner and keeping it in place.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 11:53:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I have fallen in love with this primer. I had two samples of this and will buy the full tube. The shade in my opinion is like a rose gold, and works best with shadows with gold undertones. My eye shadow looks pretty fresh all day and true for at least 8 hours. I also like wearing it alone. I went to the pool today and just wore this as a shadow and it stayed on with no problems. I'm a huge fan of anything that will get my makeup to stay longer, so this is right up my alley.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 5:59:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMARi

I love the original primer potion and Eden, but I tried numerous times to make this work. I don't have oily eyelids, but after eight hours of work this made my shadow crease and look super oily. On top of that I was not entirely impressed with the color. Sin is one of my favorite UD shade, but this just looked glittery with no real color payoff. Did nothing for my shadows, even sin. Unfortunately, I was displeased and I tend to love most urban decay items.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Looked terrible against my NC20 skin, had a sticky texture, was hard to blend in whether I used my fingers or a brush, didn't improve the colour of my eyeshadows (from Urban Decay also), and was far too shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Inhibitedmonochrome

This is a lovely eyeshadow primer that really helps your eyeshadow to stand out and stay. I found very minimal smudging after using this product. Usually my eyeshadow from the lower part of the lid smudges up when I blink, but with this primer, there was minimal smudging.

It also works well alone, giving a light champagne shimmer if you're too lazy to apply eyeshadow. The one thing I don't like about it is how after it dries, if you rub it, it becomes patchy and it's visible because this doesn't dry invisibly. So I would recommend applying it really quickly, especially to your lower lashline, otherwise it may patch up in the outer corners of your eyes.

The packaging for their new primer potions is definitely way better than the old bottle form, it allows you to get the product all out and not waste any of it. The downside is that because it's in a squeeze tube, it's like facing the same struggle you have with toothpaste tubes...towards the end, it's really hard to squeeze it out. I would recommend cutting off the bottom of the tube when you're left with the very last bit of product.

It is a bit pricey (as are all UD products), but I think it's worth your money! It's a holy grail for so many people, along with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by emiliamarilyn

This is perfect with shimmer eyeshadow! This held up for 8+ hours on my eyes and enhanced the color. Works amazingly with sin eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

This ends up looking just like the eye shadow sin from urban decay except just a tad duller on my eyes. Not a bad color just not my favorite. It is a dusty rosy pink which is why I wouldn't repurchase. I like the original urban decay primer potion better since it is neutral. Both have the same amount of staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

MY NEWEST AND BEST HG PRODUCT!

I got this free in a goody bag at London Fashion week and was devastated to see it was the 'Sin' primer potion as I'd hoped for the original.

I am so so so so so happy now that I got the shimmery/gold colour!

This primer is absolutely crazy good! I apply a tiny weeny bit to the back of my hand (you literally need the smallest amount you can squeeze out) and then apply to my lid using my ring finger.

I struggle to get this off the back of my hand after application, that should give you an idea of the amazing staying power of this primer!

My eyeshadow has never looked to pigmented and stayed on for so long!

So worth the money when you realise how much product you actually need to use and because this is shimmery and coloured you could use this on it's own for a quick, long lasting, glamouros eye make up look!

completely and utterly in love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sample from somewhere but this thing lasted at least a couple weeks. Performed as well as the regular Primer Potion, which is good, but I just didn't like the color. If I add color to my lids, I'd rather it be eyesahdow over a good, neutral primer base. Even if i did want the color, Milani and Jordana make close to the same color in pencil form at a much cheaper price.