October 30, 2014 | 1715 users online

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

lots of pros:
- fragrance free
- does not irritate my eyes or skin
- mineral based/ no chemical sunscreen ingredients
- broad spectrum (uva/uvb) protection
- dries matte most of the time
- seems to have more staying power than other (greasier) formulations

cons (why i can't personally recommend)
- formula can be gritty (gunks up around edges of bottle and often peels off in little white globs throughout the day, so it can get a little messy)
- leaves a blue-ish white cast on my warm/yellow toned skin (very odd and zombie-like-- though this might work fine if you have fair skin w/blue undertones)

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by jstechow86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I am in week one of using this product. Let me start out by saying I've never worn sunscreen due to the fact that most of them are greasy, and have an all too familiar smell. Most of my life, I've stayed indoors, and left my time outside time to a minimum, being so fair and all. This product is Awesome!!! yes it may leave a very slight white cast but the pros weigh the cons for this product.

Pros: Does not smell like sunscreen. ( yay!)
Leaves a lovely matte finish.
Fills in your pores much like a primer.
Hydrates like a moisturizer
100% naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients.
Water resistant
And for the oily and acne prone......no breakouts!!!

Cons: If you are a darker skin tone, it may lighted the skin tone from the zinc and titanium dioxide ( but that's what bronzer is for).

So all in all its the best sunscreen I have ever used. Give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

Cute packaging and the ingredients are very acne friendly however the white cast on this stuff is INSANE. In addition to ghost face, this stuff makes ALLLLL my foundation just slide off my face. I will be using this only for beach days. Would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Cute packaging and good price for the protection you get. However this sits white on my skin, and it stains my black clothes like no other sunscreen I've used. I definitely don't recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 More reviews by PollyWannaCocktail

I broke out in an itchy rash all over my arms from this. I let it clear up and waited a couple weeks then used it again just on one arm, and it broke out in a rash again. I'm not sure what the ingredient is but I'm allergic to something in Pure & Free.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by weeble2491

I am allergic to most sunscreens and this is one of the few brands I can use. It is not oily, it has not broken me out and it lasts all day! It is a physical sunscreen so it can leave a whitish coloring on my skin if I don't rub it in well enough, which is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. I think this is a great product for people who are sensitive to most regular sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

So far so good. It went on feeling perfect. No oily feeling. No resting on top of your skin. I can't even feel that it's on. I rubbed it into my eye...and no burning! Only con is that it DOES leave a white cast on your skin. I will try to blend it more quickly next time. I don't see that the white cast would matter for people that wear foundation though. Makeup sets easily on this, and you can add warmth with bronzer/foundation. I'd rather have protected skin than tan skin, so I'm going to suck up the white cast since this is the best sunscreen I've come across yet (compared to Shiseido, Clarins, etc). Will update if I break out. I only use this for face/neck/chest/hands. I was looking for something that feels light and doesn't burn eyes. It also is very affordable! Will update if I notice any breakouts because of this. I do think it will need a deeper cleanser than my usual one because I don't think it will wash off easily. This can be a good and bad thing.

UPDATE: Took a lippie off for white cast and too much SPF. Will use this when outdoors, but in my opinion, not a good everyday sunscreen. Better to use Neutrogena's Break Out Free SPF 30. No white cast. No breaking out. Just the right amount of SPF. Too much SPF will clog.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by nikrou

Cant. get. the. whiteness. gone.

Gave it 2 stars because I am at least protected.

...a protected ghost.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by LucyLastName

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sunscreen is rated SPF 50 in Canada, but it looks exactly the same.
I love it for my kids because it uses the mineral physical ingredients which do not irritate skin and are less irritating to the eyes if they rub their eyes (and they always rub their faces with their hands). At first I was a little disappointed that it didn't contain some antioxidants that help the skin function well, but I found that my son finds creams with antioxidants tingly and it bugs him, even if it's just for a minute. So, in the end, the simple formula really works for us.
The white cast from it will be visible, even on the whitest shades of skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite sunscreens to use for my child and myself. It feels very safe and gentle to put on the skin and does not cause any allergic reactions. It is so gentle that i even enjoy wearing it and it smells very nice too.