Bare Escentuals Kabuki Brush

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

super harsh on my skin

on 9/15/2014 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This kabuki brush is a lifesaver!! I had a few pimples i needed to cover up, i used this, and their completely covered up! This is pricey, but it works!

on 12/29/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have several of these from over the years from kits. They are my favorite Kabuki brushes. They are very soft and apply mineral foundations flawlessly. They do shed a tiny bit, but I have had them for 10 years and they still have their shape completely, are super soft, and have never come loose from the glue. I think these are great quality brushes that don't get enough attention.

IMO anything that can last for over 10 years with no noticeable wear is great. I don't have issues with the brushes being too big for the lid when gathering product and they always work great. These are well worth the price on their own.

on 6/10/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hm. Don't get me wrong I still use this brush. But it has shed quite a bit. Other than that I can use it to put on liquid foundation or any of the bare escentuals makeup. However, the shedding is noticable as well as some of the hair breaking off.

on 4/20/2013 11:53:00 PM

Very coarse brush!, itch my face every time I use. Very expensive too. Not worth the money.

on 4/20/2013 11:45:00 PM

I got this brush to use with my mineral veil, the lady at Sephora went on and on about how wonderful it is, and even though I had a brush that I planned on using with this product, I got it anyway. It was fairly expensive, but I know that you get what you pay for. The biggest problem I had with this brush was that it was way too big to fit into the lid of my mineral makeup, and there would only be makeup on a part of the brush, so nothing would go on even and it was a disaster to fix it. I was not thrilled, but I ended up keeping it- hoping I would find a use for it. I trier a few other things- all of which I had no luck with. And after washing it on a regular basis after trying these different products- the whole style of the brush changed... it got pretty hard, wasnt nearly as soft as it once was... the bristles also started curling and changing shapes even though i was very careful about how i stored it, and how i washed it. I have had it with the brush, i think i have to pretty much given up on it, but i keep ig around because of how much money i spent on it...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have had my BE full-coverage kabuki brush for over a year and I'm not sure why I haven't reviewed it yet, but unfortunately, I agree with all the bad reviews. It is scratchy and it sheds EVERYWHERE after you use it a while. It doesn't even shed full hairs, just little pieces of hair all over your chest and neck. The only positive is that is does cover pretty well. That's probably the only reason I haven't replaced it yet.

Brought this brush for a fuller coverage for the matte mineral foundation. Was great to begin with, thick and full to give the coverage. After a few weeks the bristles got rough and feels like I'm scratching my face when applying the mineral make up.

I also tried to use this with a powder and it made me looked caked and made my skin red!

Have no further use for it now and would not recommend to anyone.

on 12/25/2012 9:32:00 AM

This is a nice brush in some ways. It's well made, sturdy, and I haven't experienced any significant shedding. But I just can't stand the way it feels. It doesn't feel smooth on the skin at all. It feels rough and scratchy. I have had it for quite a few years, and I did use it sometimes when I was using Bare Minerals. I dug it out this week to try with some new pressed mineral foundation from Avon that I bought, and I remembered why it was tucked away-ouch. I think I will just throw it away. I got it as part of a kit, so I didn't pay the full price for it.

on 11/16/2012 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had the best Kabuki brush ever but it was so worn out. Unfortunately I couldn't remember what brand it was or where I got it. So I was so excited when I went to Sephora and thought i saw my old brush. WRONG. This brush was great the first week I had it and then it started the shedding. It literally is worse than any animal I have encountered. When I am done applying my makeup I can't tell what my makeup actually looks like because I have all of these dark hairs ALL over my face. I actually have to take clean powder brush and go over my face multiple times to get all the hairs off. It is ridiculous. So disappointed!

Popular Makeup Brushes