September 3, 2014 | 1000 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used and I'm so bummed that they've discontinued it! After two coats, you get beautifully separated, thick, almost fake looking lashes. It never smudges on me and comes off so easily w/ soap and water. I tried Lash Blast - the one they recommend as a replacement for this - and it's horrible! I've resorted to eking out the remnants in my last tube of Max Factor out of desperation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by mindynguyen27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara! it is definately my favorite volumizing mascara! it makes my eyelashes look fake and really that "extreme" look for when im doing intense make up. i also love how it's really black!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I really wish I would have done more research before buying this, because it's almost the same as LashBlast. Cover Girl and Max Factor are both owned by P&G. The packaging and brush are exactly the same. The formulas are just a tiny bit different. 2000cal goes on thicker and clumpier, and I often need to use a lash comb afterward. LB goes on thinner and with less volume, but I don't get as much of the spider-leg look. For the price, I don't think this mascara is that great, but it's not bad either. I got mine on clearance (CLEARANCE, people) for like, $7.50. For a ds mascara, that's expensive. Overall:

PROS
    volumizing
    extreme blackout color is incredibly black
    nice separating rubber bristle brush

CONS
    expensive
    kind of clumpy
    flakes after awhile

I wouldn't buy this again, but I never buy the same mascara twice. There's always new stuff to try when you're on the hunt for an HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by bombshellglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS STUFF, complete HG mascara for me. I am extremely picky about my mascaras; I love big, glamorous doll eyes and long, thick lashes (mine are naturally light in color and not super long, so it's rare that I find a mascara that truly gives me what I want). I like LashBlast but found that this is much easier to build up for gorgeous volume. It lengthens beautifully and separates my lashes--I have never had a problem with clumping or spidery lashes with this.

I'm frantically stocking up whenever I see it in stores because Max Factor is being discontinued in the US, I believe. :( Good news is that a lot of places are clearancing it for dirt cheap though!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by greenbird

There are a lot of reviews that this brush is the same as Lash Blast. The brushes do look similar (I have both mascaras)-they are both huge and bulky with similar shaped bristles. However, I have done a side-by-side comparison of Lash Blast and MF 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper and the 2000 calorie mascara makes my lashes noticeably thicker and longer, but clumpier. The Lash Blast is better at separating lashes0but the 2000 calorie extreme makes my lashes much fuller and longer. I prefer a more dramatic look-so if I pair my lashes with a lash comb-the 2000 calorie extreme gives me the length and fullness my sparse, thin, short lashes need. My eyes look much more dramatic with the MF 2000 calorie extreme mascara. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by LightsInSorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Should've known this mascara was going to suck Dana Carvey's left nut because it looks just like Lash Blast. I HATE Lash Blast. It ended up performing only marginally better (even over Shiseido mascara base!!), which was still a misfortune. Totally my fault for buying a non-waterproof formulation- this mascara pulled all the curl out of my lashes and clumped like mad as I attempted to build it to a achieve a decent amount of volume. My lashes looked like spider legs covered in black tempura batter. Pitiful. The brush is terrible too, which I should've known considering it looks exactly like the Lash Blast brush. I just had really high hopes for this product based on reviews. Its only saving grace is that it performs somewhat decently layered over a waterproof mascara for extra volume, but even then I have to go back in and detangle that hot mess with lash comb. Do. NOT. Want.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Wow this one works great! My eyelashes definitely did look very plump and full. The spiky brush is great to preventing clumps and really fanning out your lashes. I get a good dramatic look and I've received many compliments while wearing this. My only complaint was that sometimes the spikey brushes tend to poke at my eye a little more and it caused a tiny bit of irritation while applying, but it didn't last all day, so it wasn't a deal breaker. This mascara looked so good that I really didn't mind. It applies a good amount of product, but it does an awesome job of applying it nicely and evenly. I'd definitely repurchase and recommend this one to anyone looking for very thick and long lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube. This is just as good as dior show if not better! The brush truly plumps my lashes and makes them longer. I've been asked if I am wearing false lashes. The only down side is that extreme blackout is the hardest color to find and the price is a bit high for a drugstore mascara. But I will keep repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Virgodolce

Although I liked this product it smudged easily and began to bother my contacts after about 5 hours. I felt like I've seen the same or even better results from other brands like maybelline full and soft

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This mascara is pretty much the same as Lash Blast which doesn't do anything for me and neither does this stuff. It didn't lengthen or thicken or anything. I just didn't work out for me, I like big dramatic lashes. The original 2000 calorie was much better than this.