December 19, 2014 | 1426 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not sure why people have such a fascination with Essie brand.

After hearing all the hype, I had to try one. I opted for a shade much like Mademoiselle (in fact, I originally picked this shade up then thought it much too like my Sally Hanson "Sweet Talker", so I put it back and opted for Imported Bubbly, a similar but lighter and more iridescent shade).

This polish is thin, liquidy, streaky, and slow to dry. The brush is tiny and thin, similar to what you'd find in cheaper quality polishes. It took about 3 coats to each opacity. Nice selection of shades (they're mostly pastel) -- but I knew upon seeing it that it had to be thin -- and having to apply so many layers is a definite drawback for me.

With so many better options out there, I can't justify spending $8-$9 on a bottle of thin liquid when I can get better results from Sally Hanson's Complete Salon Manicure line for the same price -- much better brush, and much better quality overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by WoodsCommaElle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the easiest, most natural-looking (yet still polished-looking) nails, this cannot be beat! The sheer, jelly-like formula settles easily on the nail without going streaky and best of all, should you get any chips, they're pretty much invisible. Application is very forgiving, so you can just whip this on and be done with it. This is my go-to polish when I want low-maintenance nails--I have to keep mine painted or else I'll start chewing on them, so I use this for those times when I'm being lazy or when I'm burned out with bolder colors. Everybody should have a bottle in their collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Marihoene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A milky pink-beige. Flows easily onto your nail and makes them look polished(!). :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a very sheer, pink color. Essie's Mademoiselle is all occasions appropriate and excellent for doing French mani! This one actually reminds me of Orly's Bare Rose, but in a lighter, less pink shade. The formula is great, very easy to apply and it dries fast. Essie never fails me. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most gorgeous nail polish I have ever owned! A beautiful pink-milky colour that looks natural, but better. 100% recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such beautiful milky, natural pink. I love it! Perfect for french manicure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by LoveChanel1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Essie mademoiselle is the best sheer pink in the world. My colleague was wearing this and I absolutely fell in love with it, so I got a bottle myself. I wear two coats of mademoiselle and one coat of Essie Good To Go top coat. For some reason when I wear mademoiselle with a base coat I don't get a clean finish. I think this is a beautiful subtle colour for work and I am considering wearing this for my wedding day as it is just so beautiful. I get compliments on it all the time. Another colour I would recommend by Essie is Allure. Its a more sheer milky white also an amazing bridal colour. Both colours look fabulous with my engagement ring. These are the only two colours I wear since I got engaged. LOL.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sheer pinky color. Looks delicate and ladylike. You won't notice chipping. I like to paint my nails weekly and own a ton of nail polishes. This one is or the weeks I only want healthy looking nails, easy application and no worries until next week.
6/22/14- I am taking 2 lippies. The color is chipping in less than 24 hours, even when using Essie base and topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by winghearted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very sheer and milky pink. One coat will be too sheer to see any colour. Two coats and you have a natural, healthy pink. This is a nice shade for people who want a muted colour that isn't too obvious. It's very easy to apply, no streaks or uneven texture. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Cathhe8D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not really a nail polish girl... But I like them to be a bit long and look clean! And this product works great! Plus, I like the fact that it's shear! We can see the white part of the nail on it and it doesn't look weird! The shade is well balanced between pink and peach! Kind of a cheap and not-so-polished french manicure! ;) It really makes me think of the result my friends get with gel!!! Give it a try, you won't regret it! ^^

I took a picture, I'll put it up there! Sorry for the bad lighting and the poor-iPhone-quality but I think you can still see the difference! It will be named my nickname. My little finger has one coat, my ring finger 2, and so on... to my thumb that has 5! Since it is so shear, the first coat looks like any normal top coat would... In the second we see the begining of a color... I think 3 is perfect! After that, is is more opaque... It depends of what you are looking for! ^^

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No