July 28, 2014 | 917 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK. I bought this on a whim on a late night Wal-Mart run because I needed a new loose powder.
I'd heard a few good things about this and decided to give it a try.
Wore this for the first time today to set my makeup. Now, I'm not sure if it was this powder alone or the combination of this and the Skindinavia shine-free setting spray, but I have only had to blot my face ONCE today and it wasn't even necessary! For my very, very oily skin, this was impressive to say the least. Normally, the only thing that keeps my oil away is milk of magnesia as a primer.
(EDIT: I applied my makeup around 11:30-noon and I am writing this review at about 8pm. My makeup still looks great.)

The foundation I used this with was Revlon Colorstay Whipped.

You get a ton of product in this little container and it's cute and vintage-y looking. It does have somewhat of a perfumey, "grandma" scent to it that goes away shortly after applied and I didn't find it offensive.
To prevent any mess, I left the sticker over the sifter and just pop off the whole plastic top and leave the powder puff on top as well. If you were going to travel with this it'd probably be best to tape the lid down.

I am very excited to continue using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaGirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using coty airspun since the 70's. I have tried lots of other powders but nothing compared to this. It's the best. I tried the regular translucent over the Loreal mineral powder foundation recently and it looked much better. It gave more coverage and toned down the shine.

I shake the powder onto a big lid dip the puff in, smooth the powder over the puff with my index finger and apply. After it sets it does not look too powdery and really helps to keep foundarions look better and last longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I always walked by this item at drug stores and never thought much of it. It wasn't until I saw it on sale for 75% off at CVS for about $1.50 that I decided to pick it up and give it a try. And boy am I GLAD that I did! This powder is perfect for setting my foundation! It's also great for those days where I don't feel like wearing a full face a makeup so I'll just dab on some concealer and powder my face with this product. It gives a tiny bit of coverage and covers up all my redness. What I love most about this product is that it keeps my face oil-free for the majority of the day (I still have to blot maybe once) and I'm a VERY oily person. I always have a hard time finding a good powder because they just don't control my oil. This powder doesn't make you look powdery and doesn't leave a white cast behind (unless you apply too much, like all powders). This honestly lasted me for a reallyyyy long time. The container contains SO much product and it lasted me for years! The only complaint I have about this and that will probably prevent me from repurchasing this item is the scent. UGH I CAN'T STAND IT!! It smells like old grannies and it seriously makes me want to gag. I wish they would come out with a non-scented version!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ok, this stuff is a gem. Sure it has chemicals in it, but it's not like ur gonna be using this on a daily basis. The packaging sucks, so you might have to put it in a different container. Other than that, it is an amazing translucent powder HANDS DOWN!!!!!!! The smell is nice too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a true drugstore gem. I'm so sorry I waited so very long to try it. I'm NC50 and while it shows lighter on me (despite being translucent) it's nothing I can't work with. Besides that, it really controls oil well and lasts for hours. The only thing better would be a pressed powder version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!! This is by far the best loose powder on the market and once I discovered it I never went back to any other brand of loose powder!!! In a word this product is amazing!!!!

This is by far the best powder for setting your foundation and making it last all day! it repels moisture, humidity, sweat and all the things that can make your makeup look gross throughout the day. The texture of this powder is also super amazing it is AIRSPUN which means it is milled very, very fine and then is spun in the air which gives it the texture of silk!!!! It glides on and it doesn't have that coarse grainy texture that so many other loose powders have. Also this powder is truly translucent and blends beautifully with my light skin without giving me an artificial or orangey look which is a huge plus! This product also makes my face look gloriously matte without a hint of shine which is the whole reason I wear loose powder in the first place. The smell is a little grandma like but it's not unpleasant and actually doesn't bother me.....this is definitely my HG loose powder!!!!!

For those of you that prefer a matte finish to your face and want to keep that look going all day without any problems then I highly recommend Coty Airspun Loose Powder it is the best loose powder you will ever use!!!!!! Better then any high end product on the planet!!!! Get yourself over to CVS or Walgreens and get yourself some!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hazee78

Great stuff!!! I use this on a daily basis but also use it whe doing hair and make up for pageants. Love the translucent. It lasts forever and is super cheap! I buy mine at CVS and sometimes find it marked down !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read rly good reviews about this powder and Youtube beauty gurus raving about this product and how it was being discontinued. So I took the plunge and purchased this powder and hoped for the best. I was very skeptical I tried several face powders from MAC and disliked them all. But when I tried this it literally changed my life. My skin is very very oily and this powder keeps my face matte all day and like others said your face looks absolutely flawless and perfect. My makeup stays put and looks so beautiful. My new holy grail face powder!!! Highly recommend! Get your hands on this powder its absolutely amazing! The only con is I didn't try this sooner! Obsessed with this product. HOLY GRAIL POWDER!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by GByeGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore how this looked on my face. It was absolute perfection. Sadly, it makes me break out horribly. I was able to trace it to my products and it was definitely this powder. I think it has cornstarch in it?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Falling in Love is how I would describe it . I USE this religiously after apply my mineral make up and I can't say enough as I been using it since I was a teenager and now in my mid 20's . I am thinking that I can't find nothing better and if I do I sure will always come back to this as I love that it doesn't clog my skin and seals the foundation and is clear if you're doing the nude look . It was back in the day like under $2 and it got more popular and is now $6-7 at local stores . I don't appreciate that my cheap makeup keeps going high but if it goes up to $10 I will totally freak out because that is messed up . I even told the company to stop hacking prices up when I send them the email they did send me a free sample . So, if you have a love for something you know it was cheaper back in the day . Just write to the company and tell them how much you love the product and who knows you might get a freebee . I keep the little containers and found to use lose change or stuff in there for my purse . Don't throw out the case there classic and perfect for on the go . Hope helped some new fans of this product .