December 18, 2014 | 1857 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I can call off the drugstore mascara search for a while. I first tried this mascara around 2008/2009 - whenever it first came out and initially I wasn't impressed b/cof two major issues at the time.The smell was my #1 issue - very strong, chemical odor. #2 - spider legs. Fast forward to last week when I entertained this mascara again. Through the years I have purchased every single mascara out there from drugstore to D&G & Guerlain, Smashbox, etc etc. This mascara still smells awful BUT it gives me a little of all the higher end mascaras rolled into one. The length is amazing, no clumps, it DOES give volume (wiggle the brush from side to side a little). I actually love the brush too, it's long and skinny and has bristles (I have a love/hate relationship with certain plastic wands). It's intense black, great for night but if you go light, it's good for day. It's cheapish for drusgstore and obviously available anywhere. Definintely my favorite drugstore mascara out there right now. My HG "mid/higher-ish" is CK One w/the adjustable PLASTIC wand (I know, you probably hate it). So if you want a lot of length, some volume and don't have a Sephora right next door, try this. PS - I hate waterproof mascaras so I can't speak on that version.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mascara gives you length its okay

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by AmandaKayC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very great product for the price! I use this to lengthen my lashes and it works really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Maybelline always seems to know how to make good mascaras. I picked this one up during the 40% off all Maybelline products sale at Rite Aid. The packaging is alluring and sexy. It does remind you of a pair of stiletto heels, hence the name. It's a black tube with red and silver writing. I got the waterproof version, so that it wouldn't budge on my lashes and it would hold a better curl. The smell is a but funky and difficult to describe. It's like smelling an herb or something, but the smell doesn't bother me. The wand is nothing special, but very practical and traditional. It kind of reminds me of the Maybelline Full N' Soft wand, but bigger. As for the formula of the mascara, it is rather nice. It's not as black as I want it to be, but that's okay. It seems to hold a curl VERY well and it really doesn't budge. Even if the wand has a lot of bristles, the outer lashes seem to clump every time I use this. I just use my lash comb to get it out or just get rid of the blob with my fingers. It's weird how that happens, but the mascara is quite nice. It gives plenty of length and doesn't flake at all! When I remove it, it takes a little more eye makeup remover because it has such lasting power, but the mascara is seriously so good that I don't even mind it. Try the mascara for yourself because it's actually quite good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by abian1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all, it's so affordable! I love how it really lengthen my eyelashes when I used it properly. I don't like mascara that gives a clot and big eyelashes, so this is the one! It gives a long and soft eyelashes without looking too much for daily uses. I'm not a fan of heavy make up for school or work activity. I'd prefer to look natural with a little touch of eyeliner, mascara, and soft moist lipstick. The packaging is good. So far this is the best mascara for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Xoashhleyrose

I really don't understand why this mascara doesn't have as good reviews as I thought. I absolutely love mascara and my lashes are really long and mainly cause of this mascara. I have tried mascaras from the drugstore to big names like mac and I can honestly say this is just as good if not better than most of these big name brands. I love it, it makes my lashes so longg its great. I really recommend this product to everyone its at least worth a try. I been using it for years and I can't go without it for a day. Very very good mascara, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by parcoeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have searched for at least THREE years for a decent drugstore mascara. I used to use a double wand L'Oréal mascara before then that I can't find anymore. So my search began. This one was finally the winner!! First off, the wand doesn't come out wet and goopy like tons of other mascaras. Which, if it's wet, then it just makes your lashes a huge wet spider lash mess. The consistency of lash stiletto is immediately perfect. This mascara adds LENGTH not necessarily volume (volume mascaras=thick goopy spider legs in my opinion). The length looks beautiful and natural, just short of what false lashes give!! I'm serious. It also doesn't flake off over the day. Just a perfect mascara, and a random last ditch effort/hope on my part. Almost gave up on my search, glad I didn't!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I love everything about it. It gives me excellent length! The formula is a nice balance between wet and creamy, and is easy to take off. It stays well and doesn't flake. I absolutely adore the wand. It separates my lashes beautifully. It doesn't do much for curling, especially when your lashes are straight like mine. I recommend curling your lashes before using this mascara. All in all, I really love this mascara. I definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Eh not bad. It lengthened alright nothing great though. It also started to smudge by midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryLa

This is some of the best mascara I have ever used. It lengthens, defines, doesn't clump, doesn't have that gummy texture that a lot of mascaras have, dries quickly, washes easily, and you don't pay a high price. I will buy this as long as they keep making it- I so hope they never discontinue it.