Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

This is a super drying primer which makes my foundations ball up all over my face and emphasise dry patches. I have tried it underneath three different foundations and given different setting times.

What a waste of money! I got talked into buying this product at Mecca -never again!

I have been on a hunt for a primer to replace the once-amazing MAC Prep & Prime Face Protect, which they changed the formula on and now sucks. The Hourglass primer is not as good as that, but it's the best I've found so far.

The slippery silicone texture took some getting used to, but it felt nice and lightweight going on, and a small amount spreads easily. When I first put my makeup it does everything my old Mac primer did - mattifies, smoothes pores and makes my skin look more even-toned. Sadly, this just doesn't last like the MAC primer did. By mid-afternoon my make-up is starting to look patchy and I need to blot my skin to keep oil at bay.

Overall a nice product and I will probably repurchase, but with one eye still on the look out for something better.

I had been looking for a primer that wouldn't cause break-outs, but would also be effective at creating a nice base for my foundation and highlighter. I ordered the travel-sized bottle to give it a try. When I put it on my face, I was astounded at the light, mattifying effect. It is light and has a beautiful, almost silk-like texture, as well. I immediately ordered the jumbo-sized package, so that I could carry the first one around with me during the day for touch-ups. I have been using it for about a month, and my face, which while not terribly acne prone, ordinarily had one or two blemishes at any given time. Since I have been using the veil primer, my complexion has never been smoother. Word! This is Hourglass's sales-pitch (about improving your complexion), but it's absolutely true, at least in my experience. Apparently it does not clog pores like other primers, and contains ingredients that are actually good for your skin. It is also a vegan, cruelty-free product, as are most of Hourglass's products, and that fore me is always a big plus.

I have been using this product for about a month, and I can't believe the results. I have struggled with acne for the past ten years. I have used every prescription product under the sun, and nothing seemed to matter. I started using this product because I thought it would help my foundation stay put longer. Not only has it done that, but it has also kept my face almost completely clear since I started using it. I haven't had any major breakouts beyond a bump here or there. Hopefully these results continue because my makeup and skin have never looked better! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who struggles with acne or has sensitive skin issues.

Really good primer, smoothena out my skin. Some days I feel its a bit oily on my T-Zone but with the correct BB cream and powder, all good. A bit expensive for such a small bottle , but I love the result

This is my HG expensive face primer, the dupe for this is the NYX angel veil. I love this primer because it leaves my face soft and slightly matte.

Will repurchase when I feel like splurging, if not I'll be buying the NYX dupe.

I really, REALLY wish this worked for me. :(
I have been using this the past week and it has made me break out so badly :( the worst I've broken out in years... I know it's this product as well because it's the only thing I've changed in my makeup routine. :( at first I was so stoked because it made my makeup look perfect. Pores looked a bit blurred and the same with fine lines. Unfortunately now, I'm dealing with a horrible horrible break out. I've given this a 4 out of 5 stars because I love this product but unfortunately my skin does not. I'm sure a lot of people would love this primer, but everyone's skin is different I guess. Also the price is insane. I think it's too much for what it is, even though I fell in love with this. Oh well, returning this tomorrow. I guess I'll continue to use my Estée Lauder primer till I find something better and that my skin will like!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really didn't think I would be such a huge fan of this primer as I am, because I tend to go for the one's marketed toward dryer skin types and contain tons of anti-oxidants. To be truthful, I am very surprised it works for my dry skin (I think its geared toward oil control?), but it does. I just love how this makes my foundation look and it feels like pure silk on the skin. My makeup stays in place all day using this and I don't ever need powder touchups while using this with my NARS sheer glow, which usually will make my T-Zone pretty shinny by mid-day.

I think overall though the selling point on this stuff for me is that it just feels and wears much differently than 99% of all other primers out there based on the fact it doesn't contain as much silicone as most tend to have. But the big question remains: is it worth the hefty price tag? Yes and no. I prefer my primers to have dual effects (IE vitamins, anti-aging ingredients, also be a moisturizer, etc.) and this one doesn't really cover those basis at all - it's just a really good primer, nothing more and nothing less. And its only suitable in hotter or warmer months/days for those of us who need moisture. And if you are a primer connoisseur like I am, meaning that you like to try different one's and often, I suggest you go with the smallest available size which is only around $20.00.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So a few things:
1- whatever hype you read or listen to on youtube, divide that by 6 then subtract 2 because the hype makes this real product sound like its made of unicorn tears and its not
2- good product but being that i got the .33oz size, the bottle was too small to shake it up enough to get the proper mixture/consitensy. It was too runny and left a white residue on my face.
3- i put on my makeup around 1pm and by 6pm my makeup had worn off (i used dr jart foundation and sealed it with urban decay all nighter setting spray).
Not buying it again. On to try makeup forever step 1 primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Firstly, let me say, I have an incredibly oily T-Zone with the rest of my face being relatively normal. I must have tried every mattifying, oily controlling primer in the WORLD. Smashbox, Laura Mercier, Makeup Forever, MAC... the list is endless. Not once have one of these worked on my skin for anything longer than a few hours. This to date, is the only product that proves to really work. Not only does it make the application of any skin products powder or liquid go on so beautifully, minimising pores but it keeps my shine at bay, for hours!

Despite the insane price tag (which even I cannot condone) its so worth trying. Bit of a sneaky tip, if you buy this from Sephora and have it delivered to an international shipping site (such as shipito.com) the overall cost of this is around £15.00 cheaper.

Popular Primer/ Correctors