October 31, 2014 | 1430 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Davisra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently began using primer on my T zone to help minimize my large nose pores. I'm nearly 60 but I still have somewhat oily skin (guess it's a blessing in disguise because I also have very little wrinkling so far) and this is one of the few primers I tried that doesn't feel slimy. At first I used the HD primer on just my nose area and really liked how it glides on and tightens/masks my pores. I started using it all over my face and love how smoothly the foundation goes on and how polished, yet natural, the end result is. After a few days, though, I noticed that it makes me look ghostly. For whatever reason, it makes me look pale and washed out - even with my foundation or CC cream applied over it. It's tough enough to look alive up here in frozen tundra country, but it's not January yet, and this stuff completely neutralizes what little tan I still have left. Sadly, it has to go back to Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by anita2336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately i was extremely disappointed with this product. After listening to the Sephora SA's rave about the effectiveness for this primer i was certain this would turn out to be the HG for my oily/sensitive skin. Alas after using it for nearly a week i found it made my skin MORE oily to the extent i looked like an oil pit during the day and had to blot twice as often. Im such a fan of Hourglass products but this just did absolutely nothing for my skin. I gave it two stars only for the mere fact that it did not cause me to break out. If your looking for a good primer, try Jane Iredale primers---work great on oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Lauren10409

What I love about ths product is that, not only is it a great primer but it also has a mineral spf. As we all know, most products are made with chemical spfs which weat off after a coulple of hours. This has a MINERAL SPF that lasts all day. This is sooooo important. The product glides on you skin like velvet. Pricey but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate primers and I can never stick to them BUT ever since I tried this, I bought it straight away and been using it ever since. you can use it on liquid and mineral makeup. It works great with bareminerals original mineral foundation.

It's lightweight, thin in consistancy and doesnt contain bad ingredients (eg. oil, paraben, fragrance, gluten and sulfate FREE etc)
It makes my foundation last longer, more flawless and makes my foundation glide on so smoothly. It also doesnt leave my hands greasy! A lot of primers makes my foundation slide around but this one holds and sticks my foundation to my skin and strangely makes my foundation have better coverage so now my foundation can covers my couperose!
Another great thing is that after removing my makeup after the day my face feels really soft and smooth!

The downside is that the back of the packaging claims that the purpose of the primer is a sunscreen and to reapply every 2 hours.
As for the price (69$au) I wouldnt purchase it for the purpose of sunscreen but on the other side of the box it claims to be a primer that conceals redness and minimize pores and stuff but I havent noticed that it covers redness and I dont see how it does because its a thin white liquid that becomes transparent when applied.

The smell isnt the most pleasent. It just smells like non fragranced product but after applying it, you wont smell it.
Also if you have dry skin, be sure to moisturise well.

Overall, discovering this primer I realised I didnt need a new foundation. I just needed a good base. It has seriously changed the finish of my mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Jamiejame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very expensive but worth every penny. This stuff is amazing!! Makeup lasts all day with little to no touch ups. It's soooo soft. You'll love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On a positive note, my makeup didn't budge when I used this. I used a very small amount and after two days, my clear skin had broken out in approximately five pimples. (No cystic acne, but pesky white-headed spots.) I probably wouldn't have purchased this even if it hadn't broken me out, as it's incredibly and truly over-priced, and too matte for my dry/combination skin. I would recommend this for oily-skinned girls or those without sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG primer!! I have learned that with my oily skin, I must have a primer otherwise wearing foundation is absolutely pointless for me. I tried this in a sample size from Sephora after the sales rep recommended it. It is hands down the best primer I have ever tried! I used to use smash box photo finish light, I have benefit porefessional, some tarte ones and none do the job that Hourglass Veil does. It makes my skin look so smooth under my foundation, holds my make up in place beautifully and keeps my oil at bay all day. I have purchased the full size and just love it so much! It's totally worth the price. They also make a smaller size for a bit cheaper. If you are oily, get this primer today!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by amfxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer is absolutely gorgeous! It applies beautifully and literally makes your makeup last all day long. I don't have particularly oily skin, but have always struggled with breakthrough oil in my T-zone after a day of wearing makeup. No more. I do not need to blot when I use this primer. It's absolutely worth every cent - and I only use one pump and it covers my whole face, so the bottle will last a long time. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by BalkanBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing texture, ingredients and effects. Goes on like silk, absorbs oil where needed and also adds moisture where needed. Works with any foundation. A bit pricey but worth every cent. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Lizrodriguezc

For the price a little bit goes a LONG way, I also liked the velvet-like finish it gives to your skin. However I absolutely hate the smell of it, it kind of smells like old rusty metal, I have to thoroughly wash my hands after applying it, it also broke me out. I would not repurchase this at all, I'll stay with my smashbox one.