Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 7/19/2015 6:48:00 AM

It made me break out. Don't like it at all. Also, I don't think the effect is worth the price.

The product is meant for combination and oily skin, and that I could see & feel. No oil came through during the day. The foundation is not very liquidy. In my experience it does not go on the skin perfectly, but rather streaky and sets into pores. Even though the product is having a thicker formula, it didn't managu to conceal the slight pigmentation. Yet the redness was not noticeable even after the whole day.
Medium Ivory was a good match for NC25.

on 3/2/2015 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this from a beauty counter, without fully trying it on first, as at the time, I was a total beauty novice who found department store counters pretty intimidating and would never have thought to ask to try any make up on. Also, the Laura Mercier tinted foundation is excellent, and I expected similar miracles from this foundation. So I put my faith in the sales assistant (a rather disinterested woman, who didn't do much other than repeat sales mantras about the quality of all LM products - if you live in Glasgow, watch out...) who assessed my skin tone as Porcelain.

Well, the sales assistant's line about achieving full, even coverage by applying the foundation with your fingertips, NOT a brush, is correct. Application with a foundation brush makes it look streaky. Coverage is achieved quickly as the foundation is quite thick, and I didn't need a lot to do my cheeks, and only a spot or two on my forehead and nose. For those who can get a shiny nose from foundation as the day goes on, this may work for you as this foundation gives a fairly matt finish. However, when my skin suffers the odd dry or flaky patch in cold weather, this foundation does not sit well, and the flaky parts poke through, even when I've cleansed, moisturised..etc. It does require top-ups, as it seems to fade, even when applied with primer.

Despite having fair skin, Porcelain was the wrong shade and made my skin look really pale, sallow even. I've soldiered on with this stuff as it's quite expensive by my standards (my previous foundations cost £12-15 max), and tried to counter the slightly sallow look by experimenting with various concealers/brushers, with mixed success. Perhaps a better buy for people who don't get dry skin patches. Try it on fully before you buy.

on 11/13/2014 2:48:00 PM

Went on vacation and decided to get a makeover. There was a little makeup studio and they sold Laura Mercier. I bought this and a few other items. The foundation is okay. It wears well enough and stays true to color. Did a decent enough job of preventing me from looking too oily. Coverage was okay. All in all it was okay. Did not knock my socks off, and for the price tag it was no better than the Revlon Colorstay, which is less than 1/3 of the price. The pump on the bottle is nice for those who like pumps, but I am not one to use a pump, so that did not matter to me (I actually prefer pouring out the product onto my fingertip, for me I get more of an accurate amount).

I do appreciate that it had no smell and did not bother my skin....But, to me, Revlon Colorstay, again, also fits that bill, for less than 1/3 of the price.

Bottom line: it is just an okay foundation..nothing really special (especially for the price tag) and was nothing that knocked my socks off.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Thick, need to dilute with water. Need only a pea for the whole face.

"Porcelain Ivory" is equivalent to MAC C-1, which is practically non-existent anymore in their foundations. I gave up on MAC because of this, all of their foundations are too dark for light skin, except C-1 & N-1. I have very light skin with faint pale yellow undertones, not paper white like the red headed, freckled light - but a half or whole shade down - what is called porcelain skinned. That is why this color & brand works for my skin color.

Even C-2 & N-2 are too dark for truly light, porcelain skins...and so are the lightest shades in MAC'S other foundation color ranges - NC-1 and NW-1. They have so much orange, pink & beige in them, that they are not suitable for light skinned women. Don't know how MAC thinks that C-2, NC-1 or NW-1 is appropriate for light skinned women, but LM hits the mark with this one color. The rest of her colors are for regular skin colors.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Sorry Laura Mercier I was not very impressed with this product. Basically I think it is an OKAAAY foundation but my expectations from this quality brand were definitely not met. It's not that expensive for a designer brand of makeup but my Drugstore foundations work better than this product. On my normal-dry skin this formula is too think and settles into lines on my face. The only way I get it to work, is when I use the Laura Mercier primer as well. If I use a primer for another brand it doesn't work at all. I don't think that a good foundation should even require a primer!! Especially for dry skin!! A moisturiser should be more than enough. But this foundation doesn't blend into the skin, it just sits on top and creases. Not a fan. Struggling to use the rest of it so my money isn't totally wasted.

on 7/4/2014 12:15:00 PM

Sephora matched me with this foundation in Sunny Beige. I thought I was going to love it but I haaaaaate it. First of all, the shade is far too yellow for my skin. On the foundation spectrum, I'm usually either the most pale or second most pale shade. The pantone color matcher put me as the 4th shade in this line which should have been my first clue that it was not going to work. My husband described me as looking "jaundiced." Doh. It has a quite thick, concentrated consitency and is hard to evenly spread around. I tried mixing it with my oil free moisturizer but it still just doesn't look nor feel right. I agree with the other reviewers who say this foundation settles into fine lines and wrinkles. It makes me look older than I am! All in all, this one is a bust and a waste of money. If anyone wants to try it, I'll give it away if you pay for the shipping.

on 4/19/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Oily Skin: Quite simply, if you have super oily skin/acne-prone skin, this is the foundation for you. The texture is almost clay-like and is extremely pigmented. The trick to using this foundation, is mixing it with water to get the right amount coverage. The bottle lasts forever too.

Senstive skin: You can defintely use this if you want heavier coverage. The finish is very matte.

Dry Skin: Just don't use this.

Overall:
-This is for those of you who want heavier coverage with a matte finish.
-DILUTE WITH WATER. This can look super cakey if you don't apply it lightly.

on 4/6/2014 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

I paid a lot of money for this and so I WANTED to like this but, to be honest, it's absolutely terrible.

Settles into the 'wrinkles' on my 23-year-old face that, normally, probably wouldn't even be visible under a microscope. Slides off my T-zone despite my skin not being particularly oily. Oxidises at least a full shade darker than my actual skintone. Transfers onto EVERYTHING that touches my face, including strands of hair.

I use an excellent primer under this that has worked perfectly under other foundations, have naturally youthful, healthy, clear, glowy skin and have tried using a beauty blender, a sponge, a brush and my fingers to apply it but against all logic/the laws of the universe, it still manages to make me look like an shiny, cakey, painted mess.
Setting powder, blotting powder, finishing spray etc. don't help. This foundation is an absolute disaster.

The ONLY positive aspect of this product is the packaging, because I like pump bottles.

Two words sum up my opinion of this product: Never. Again.

on 2/16/2014 12:12:00 PM

I hate this so much. It literally dulled out and slid off my 48 year old nose by day's end. Why did I fall for the "this is so amazing" hype. This falls into the same category as KatVonD Lockit. That looked like clay on my skin after a few hours. Sticking with Revlon Color Stay or ELDW. Not sure why I keep trying other foundation.