Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Ethylglycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), C12-14 Pareth-12, Hydrolyzed Algin, Dodecene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isostearyl Alcohol, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tromethamine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. [CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use the colorless primer and loved it until I switched over to cruelty free products. What I really liked about it was the texture, scent and packaging. I won't be buying anything from this brand until it changes to cruelty free and if it does this would be my go-to makeup brand.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It's ok...better products out there for less money

I tried a small sample of it last summer and it seemed to mattify correctly and felt light on my face, so I bought the bottle from Sephora.
Last week it got a little warm here in Texas (April) so I used a bit under my foundation. My makeup looked good at first but had some shine-through after 3 hours (it was really humid). A couple of days later, I noticed tiny little bumps all over my forehead and temples. That was the only product that was different to my usual over the past month so I know it's not my hair products or other face products. Going on makeup alley I read that other reviewers had the same problem.
I'm really disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The first time I used this primer the dry parts of my face instantly became dry patches. I had to put a moisturizer on over my foundation just so that my face didn't feel like a desert. It's still getting 3 lipsticks because my face did stay matte and my foundation still looked good by the end of the day without touchups.

I wasn't exactly blown off by this product but its overall a decent product that does what it claims to. I got the one in mauve since I have sallow skin and it does its job well counteracting the yellow undertone. It comes out a bit liquidly lotiony, blends well and reacts fast. My makeup appears more radiant and lasts longer whenever I use this. But I'm rather put off by the price, its $67 a bottle here in Singapore. Until I discover a better lavender primer i'll just stick to this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I did not like how "liquidy" this primer consistency. I ended up with applying to much on my hands and had to wipe the extra off on a towel.

As it is a liquid, application is straightfoward and easy. Does prime face and pores very well. My bb cream and foundation look great on top of this primer. Weartime is excellent, foundation stayed put all day.

I just can't get past the consistency of the product. I need a more gel like product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This primer was horrible on my skin, within half an hour of applying it my dry patches were already flaking up. unfortunately, it also made me break out within a week of wearing it and i had to take it back at the end of the week just because it made my skin itch like craaaazy. Do not recommend for dry sensitive skinned people. My skin didn't even look 'primed' at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm somewhat surprised that this primer has such poor reviews. I really enjoy this primer. I have combination/oily skin, so I only use this on the more normal or dry parts of my skin. It feels very silky and goes well with every foundation I use, however I do put powder on before foundation, so I'm not sure if it's any different. The only problem is the price and the packaging. I've repurchased this once but I probably won't anymore. The lid cracks easily, which happened to both that I've bought. I will use the NYX HD primer, which isn't as nice but works for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased the green version to help cover redness.

It does work - sort of. It's covered my redness quite well for about an hour. Then it left a stinging sensation that didn't quit. For $30, that's a massive disappointment.

It looks like my girls will have another product to fight over.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this primer thinking that the yellow would actually brighten underneath my eyes prior to foundation and concealer - it does nothing. It blends into my skin like a moisturiser. It does not prolong the wear of my makeup, nor does it make my foundation application easier - it actually makes my foundation stick and grab in all sorts of places. Total waste of money!

Popular Primer/ Correctors