September 22, 2014 | 2001 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - Expert Sensitve Hydrating Serum

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Possum44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been trying quite a few serums lately, (including pretty pricey ones) and this is the best I have found. I have sensitive combo skin, prone to breakouts. I wanted a serum since I'm getting older and my skin is getting a bit dryer, mainly the cheek area. I have had poor luck with other serums, they either irritated my skin (made it red and kind of bumpy) or broke me out (silicones break me out). I found another serum I like but I reach for this Boots ones the most, no iritation at all and perfect at night under my moisturizer. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this left me looking very shiny and stung upon application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

This is more of a serum/lotion, and I feel all but very oily/very dry could give this a try based on the hydration level.
It isn't packed with ingredients that are beneficial to skin, but that's okay. I wanted something to put on before makeup application that wasn't going to irritate my skin and give it some moisture at a good price. This fits the bill fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sourrcherry

This makes my skin so soft without feeling greasy or oily. I don't like all the parabens in it...but I love it that much to make an exception! It looks pretty generic but I kinda like that about it. I like that it has a pump too (:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Lauralu86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this product after reading about it here. I am almost through my first bottle and I will be getting a second. I have dry skin and I do break out from some products so I have to be careful and try things slowely. This did not break me out. It goes on smooth and has almost no smell. I put it on under my night cream. It does well hydrating but thats it. For $7 its an amazing product, and I will continue to use it, but as my skin ages and my requirements for skin care go beyond moisturize and protect from the sun, I may have to move to something better. If your looking for an affordable serum that will moisturize this is it. I am going to buy a few other boots products next time I go, since there so cheap thats the fun part is you can try them. If your thinking of trying it go to Target and get a bottle, its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by angelicaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really light but very moisturizing awsome

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really glad there's a Target store around my neighborhood, or else I wouldn't have bought Boots expert products on a whim!
I bought a bottle and was a little skeptical about it since the packaging looked really plain.
> It comes in an inexpensive solid plastic pump bottle (love!) and the product has no fragrance (rather, it smelled a little sour naturally) and the consistency is like your typical serum, gooey but not thick.
My dry, oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin approves of this product after 2 months of use. It stays on all day (you don't need to apply too much), keeps my skin smooth & moisturized (less visible skin cracks and flakes), it's very lightweight and does not clog my pores. It's very gentle and does not sting. Heck, it even softened my dry scalp around my hairline due to Seborrhoeic Dermatitis.
Hello, my new HG moisturizer! Will try out more of their products in the future.
The only thing I don't like is that I won't be able to tell if I've used up all of the serum because the bottle is not clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoy the gentle, fragrance-free products in the Expert Sensitive line. I actually bought this serum from my dad, who suffers from dry skin and rosacea and therefore requires basic, gentle skincare. Being a guy, he doesn't want anything too heavy or greasy. This fits the bill for him under Olay Sensitive sunscreen. It contains some nice oils like olive and almond. Unfortunately, I ended up with some new pimples when I tried this on myself as my pores are easily clogged. BUT I love it as an undereye moisturizer or for spot treatment on dry patches. If you aren't acne-prone (and even if you are, everyone breaks out from different things), I recommend this as a light, basic moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this! It is great on my sensitive skin and doesnt burn like most products do. It seems more like a light moisturizer though...I apply it at night before I slap on my night cream. It hasnt broken me out, so thats a step in the right direction. Also its fairly priced. I will stick with it since I dont believe all of the hype that surrounds all of the serums and creams that promise to smooth wrinkles and cost a ton! Ive tried them all and have yet to see a difference in my wrinkles. I think the only thing that will help my wrinkles is a visit to a plastic surgeon!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use the Light Hydrating Lotion and had great results with it, but did not like the fact that it had mineral oil in it. So I picked this up instead and have been using it a for a little while now.
The serum feels more like a gel-cream type serum to me. It's kind of white and smooth and doesn't have that feel of silicone city, which I like. And I love that it doesn't contain mineral oil!
I have pretty oily skin, so sometimes during the day, this is a little too much and makes my face feel greasy. I only use a few dabs of it to, because it spreads really easily. It's late February now, so I doubt I'll be able to use this during the summer months.
However, I love this as a nighttime moisturizer. My skin always looks so much better now when I wake up. Doesn't irritate my acne, always a plus. Overall, I really like this. A little to greasy for me for during the day, but I love the benefits I get from it at night :)

EDIT: Have been using this for about a month now, and my skin has really adjusted to it. It no longer makes my face greasy during the day. I would recommend giving this serum some time before deciding whether or not it works :) I am pleasantly surprised

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No