September 1, 2014 | 2239 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Love the tones (I'm neutral, leaning slightly warm). I love the lightest color (light glow) when I am N10-15 (I lean to NC a bit.) I mix the lightest color and the medium color (bare glow) when I am tanner, like N20-25, using more of the medium than the light.

I like the slight shimmer, especially when I apply a very light coating of this over my regular TM (see my application tips.)

Looks pretty good in my pores/wrinkles, even when I apply this pretty heavily and use it as my only TM. But the way I use it (see application tips), my pores/wrinkles look better. Satin finish on my skin, but I'm pretty dry.

DOesn't bother my very sensitive skin.

I love that Target has testers for these.

Not tested on animals.

CONS: I'm not sure that very pale people could wear the lightest color (light glow). I would think it would be too dark for PPPs. Not the least expensive TM. I agree with those that say the packaging looks like it's for a little girl and looks cheap (but I really don't care about packaging; I care about how the product works.) I'm not crazy about the concealer. And it kind of bugs me that, when I stawrt to open the TM portion, the concealer cap comes off sometimes. The concealer is a bit drying on my wrinkled eyes, but I just ignore that portion of the product and use the TM. Some won't like the shimmer in it. To me, it's definitely not subtle but also not ridiculous. THe BalmShelter I mention below in "alternates" is a lot better to my wrinkles.

APPLICATION TIPS: When I want more glow (say for a night out), I apply this over my holy-grail TM, the BalmShelter by TheBalm. You can go to my reviews to see my review for it, if you like. But it's my holy grail for many reasons, the most important being how great it looks in my wrinkles/pores. After applying BalmShelter, I put a bit of this on the back of my hand and then use a stippling brush to pick it up and apply it to my face LIGHTLY. I love the subtle shimmer effect this gives me, and I really think the tone of the color. .

PURCHASING TIPS: You can find this at pixibeauty.com, target.com (and my local target carries this with lots of testers available), dermstore.com, blush.com and soap.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hdow2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I should start by saying that I have major active acne (nasty cystic mess), pale yellow toned skin (horrible foundation color match), and dry skin to boot. I've tried every foundation on the market and they have all been failures compared to this one. I know this is a TM but it covers like Revlon's Nearly Naked without the dry flakiness and the cystic acne. Not only does this TM cover well but the concealer added on the top completely covers my cysts so that they disappear on my face. After wearing this for a day I realized all of my cysts were flat and less red. My skin feels like silk when I wash it off. This is not only my HG foundation, it is clearing stubborn acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

After trying other Pixi products and being quite satisfied I decided to try this. I purchased it in color #2 which seems to be a pretty good match. Unfortunately, I found this product made my skin feel more oily and slippery after a few hours. Too bad because it's a brilliant design.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by spatterson1

I hate foundation, first of all. I WANT to love it but it always seems to make my lines worse no matter what. This Pixi stuff, though, smooths out my weird unevenness (I have some red spots and neglected to use sunscreen for most of my life ) and doesn't settle into those stupid lines. I was extremely resistant to spend the money on it but figured I may as well. I am very glad I did. The actual TM covers really well without being too heavy and my face can breathe. The concealer in the tip, though, is amazing. It covers up my broken caps on my nose and you can NOT see them even after working all day. It's only been a week, so if something changes I will let you know, but so far it is the only "foundationy" kind of make up that doesn't make me want to scream at how misleading its claims are. I got mine at Target and I think it was 30 bucks, which I know isn't cheap, but I am going to buy it again and if they discontinue it I suppose I'll give up. I got the bare glow (I am pretty light, Irish skin) and it may be a bit dark but I am going to use it until it runs out and then I MIGHT try to the lighter shade. OH! Also, I am a tretinoin user and it hasn't irritated my skin so far. Hope that helps. Lastly, it says to use a "coin size" amount and I don't use nearly that much. I just can't see the point in it- too fake looking. So you can definitely get away with dabbing it around your face and rubbing it in, plus that will help it last longer.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by MaryFay

I really love this product. At first I was a bit worried that it would be too sparkly, but you really can't see it much. I also set it with the Pixi Flawless Beauty Powder and it works so well. I really like the no-makeup makeup look and this is perfect for that. The concealer is also great for covering blemishes, although it's too heavy to use for much else and can get a bit cakey. My only very small issue is that the lightest colour, which is the one that I use, seems to have slightly yellow undertones, and pink or neutral suits me better. This is a really small issue though as the coverage is quite sheer anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this tinted moisturizer for a couple of years now and it's one of my all-time favorite products. I'd given up on foundations many years ago b/c I couldn't find one that looked natural on me. For me, this TM is what I've always looked for in the perfect foundation - light coverage that leaves my skin looking dewy.

I should mention that I came really close to passing on this product. In fact, I passed on it multiple times at Target. For some reason, it would look super glittery when I would test it on my hand. But I was impressed with the quality of some other Pixi products so decided to give it a try anyways. Thankfully, I've NEVER noticed any glitter on my face while using this TM.

I have normal to dry skin so I have to wear a separate moisturizer under it. A pea sized amount gives me just the right amount of coverage and lasts all day. If I accidentally apply too much, it does make me look a bit shiny (most noticeably on my chin) but nothing that a bit of translucent powder can't fix.

The attached concealer is a perfect color match and does an excellent job at covering my sun spot. So although $30 may seem a little expensive, it's quite reasonable considering that a little goes a long way and you're really getting two great products. I usually order directly from Pixi's website with a 20% off coupon.

I do wish this TM would come in more shades. I have light Asian skin and the Bare Glow is a good match for me in the summer but a tad too dark on my winter skin.

Will not stop me from repurchasing though :)

Update: recently fell in love with Laura Mercier TM but I still love my Pixi TM. The LM provides more coverage and the nude shade is perfect for me in the winter but the Pixi is a great summertime TM continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by saraht2890

Love the Tint and Conceal from Pixi! The formula is smooth and moisturizing and it comes with a matching concealer in the cap! It feels lightweight on my skin, and gives good coverage! what more can you ask for in a face product?! And this product is super easy to travel with also. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this tinted moisturizer! I love the nice, light coverage that it gives, and it doesn't look that sparkly on me, just a nice, diffused glow. The funny thing is, my hands are sparkly after I apply it, but for some reason, my face isn't. I can live with that! And the concealer on the end is GREAT, surprisingly. It covers zitty areas beautifully and seamlessly, although it's too dry for under my eyes, but that's ok, I can use another correcter for that, which I usually would anyway. The shade of the tinted moisturizer and the concealer match me perfectly and are a very natural pale, but warm, shade. I think my shade, the lightest No. 1 shade, Pale Glow, would suit anyone NC10-NC15. And I am so pleased to report that it's never broken me out.

I do wish it was less expensive, of course. But given that I actually like the packaging, which is convenient and good for travel, and how much I enjoy the product, and the fact that it seems like a little goes a long way, I've decided it's worth it and will probably repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, people actually like this? I always passed it off as the overpriced target brand that hopes to sell by price alone "if it costs such and such it must be good!" the concealer looks cakey especially under my eyes. The tint is very sparkly and is not attractive with the caked look. Even when I tone it down with moisturizer, it just transfers onto other surfaces.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by margar555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in the Sun Glow which is the darkest tinted shade that it comes in. It was at a super great price on clearance so I thought I would try it. I have medium shade skin, but purchased this thinking it just might work well as a summer bronzer. And it does. It looks much darker in the tube and on your hands. But when you apply it and it absorbs into your face it somehow is not too dark. It kind of melds into your skin tone. It is basically a tinted moisturizer and it does that very well. It evens out skin tone, but on me it does not hide discolorations too well. I use the concealer that comes on the end of the tube for that and I do like it. Also, a wonderful thing about this tinted moisturizer is that it does NOT break my skin out. I have very sensitive skin and most things break it out or cause a reaction. This product does not cause any of that. So for that reason alone, I will repurchase again but in a lighter color for the Fall and Winter months.

Forgot to mention that it gives a nice "glow" to the skin. But I do not find that it has that disco ball glitter look that some people have mentioned. At least in the "sun glow" shade. As I have not tried the lighter shades, I cannot comment on those having excess glitter to them. But this shade does not.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No