April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jen680

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing stuff. I have not worn mascara for most of my life merely because I couldnít find something that did not smudge on my eyes. Iíve tried all the brands from drugstore to high end (waterproof, smudgeproof etc).. and literally could not find anything that didnít end up making me look like a panda towards the end of the day. NO LONGER with double fix!! I can now wear whatever mascara I want and it locks it in place. Really really impressed with the performance of this product. I also wear it alone for a glossy, shiny look on my lashes. Must have for those ladies out there who have issues with smudging like I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by jessieph8

oh my god this stuff is incredible. Honestly, for people who have no problems with smudging, flaking, holding curl etc. I think its pointless to buy but if you are like me and have trouble with all three, I would DEFINATELY reccomend it. i have Always have problems with smudging, and if I find one that doesnt smudge, it flakes so I have probably gotten through about 15 mascaras and just not used them. The only brand that doesnt seem to smudge on me is Covergirl/Max Factor (same brand incase you didnt know) but sadly, on me, nobody else it seems, they flake but that is the only brand I used before. I founf this and decided to get it and I am so thankful that I did. It basically smudge,flakes and waterproofs any mascara, ANY. I have tested out everysing mascara that I have bought but smudged and this works with all of them. Another pro is that its great for brows too! I dont have very thick eyebrows but they are a bit unruly and this will set them in place all day. Once I finish this, I will definately be purchasing again, its now become the product I cant live without. Its crazy how no other companies have tried to come up with a similar product because if it worked, it would be a huge success. I remove it with coconut oil which is what I use for all my makeup since my skin is extremely sensitive and it works perfectly so im sure any oil-based remover will take it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

Yes, yes, yes I will buy this until the end of time. Hands down the ONLY THING that doesn't make my mascara smudge. I've been using it over all my mascaras even the waterproof ones since they still smudged. As I late, I've fallen in love with NARS mascara as it's the only non waterproof mascara that holds a curl on my lashes, however it smudged like crazy. The Clarins fixed that right up and made my lashes look glossier. It's amazing how it doesn't make the curl droop, makes my mascara smudge proof and flake proof. Also it doesn't irritate my eyes. I remove it by putting mineral/baby oil on a baby wipe and hold it on my lashes for a few seconds. The mineral oil disintegrates the stuff in less than a couple minutes. I'm not buying waterproof mascaras since I discovered Clarins Double Fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by damzelsdiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is brilliant! I haven't ever found a waterproof mascara that I liked and was recommended this by a friend. It goes directly on top of your normal mascara (doesn't matter which brand or formulation) and seals it perfectly to create smudge proof lashes. You can wear it swimming and it literally won't move.

damzelsanddiamonds.tumblr.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh THANK YOU makeupalley!! This is a lifesaver, I love this product to the moon and back!!

I have been having never ending problems with smudging, flaking and you name it with every frickin mascara I tried. I recently purchased a L'Oreal mascara, loved the effect it gave my lashes...except for the flaking and smudging that I get. Ugh! Not a cool look and once it starts, you're loathed to stop it. It made me paranoid at work all the time, and since I work with all men I don't want to be seen to check my mirror constantly.

I read the reviews for this and decided to purchase it, I'm so glad I did this will now be a staple in my regime... I never bothered with WP mascara because I read bad things about it breaking your lashes and drying them out, so I just always avoided like the plague. This means that I can have mascara that stays put whilst still avoiding the WP editions that i hate so much. I'm really happy!!

The product is like a clear mascara and basically you apply it once your mascara dries. It is a film that forms over your lashes. It doesn't make my lashes feel any different, it doesn't irritate my eyes and it doesn't cause a problem when it comes to taking my makeup off either. It costs £18 for a tube and it also works for brows too which is really good if you have colour on them.

I won't be without this product now and neither should you be if you have the same problems that I do. Try it and you won't regret it, I cannot understand why every brand hasn't cashed in on this, if they discontinued it I would be mortified, in fact, I think I might buy a backup just incase. One of the best buys I've ever made, granted not an exciting one, but totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

As the previous reviewer Gwen says below.....this is genius. I've been having issues with my mascara flaking over the course of the day. I had tested out several HE and LE mascaras and they all seemed to leave flakes by mid-afternoon. Besides, I really do love my Chantecaille faux cils mascara.....it's like Clinique's Naturally Glossy, only on steroids. It's so very black but still looks great on my very blonde lashes. This Clarins literally seals the deal. As an earlier poster suggests, I do let my mascara dry down prior to applying this gel. No color change.....nothing obvious UNTIL later in the day, when you recheck in the mirror and there are NO FLAKES. Fabulous!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is genius! I loathe waterproof mascaras, and this allows me to wear my Diorshow Black Out (non waterproof) and not worry about it smudging all over my under-eye area. I find that it works best once the mascara is dry, to set your mascara in place. I tried it once on my brows, but didn't like how it worked there. It was too much and flaked, but works wonderfully on my lashes. I don't know how I lived without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kalos

Amazing. I always get flakes or smudges after wearing mascara even for a few hours, no matter what brand, high end or cheap. After putting this product on I've had 10 hours of flake and smudge free eyes. It is a little difficult to remove, but this is expected as it makes mascara budge-proof. I will definitely keep using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS; Does what it's supposed to; makes my mascara last. Seals my mascara without making it look any different than when I applied the mascara. Doesn't change my mascara color at all; I like a very "black" black look. Allows me to wash off the mascara easily at night, when I want it to come off. Doesn't make my curl flatten at all.

CONS: Price isn't the cheapest. I you over apply it can leave a greyish film on the mascara

APPLICATION TIPS: You don't need to apply much of this to keep the mascara from smearing/smudging. I put just a bit on the top of the lashes too. I love putting this on top of Milani Runway Lashes for great volume/length

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In the minority here. I have not found this to be 100% bulletproof as far as smudging. Also it's a b**** to remove. Multiple applications of m/u remover, baby oil...it's like having krazy glue on my lashes. I like the wand and it's easy to apply. Other than that, crazy expensive for disappointing results. Will not repurchase.