February 27, 2015 | 1794 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2015 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Cafeandchocolates

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This scrub is perfect for me! The smell is great and it's not too harsh on the skin. It is a very refreshing product overall.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2015 8:29:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think the concept of this scrub is great- who wouldn't want a great smelling scrub that energizes the skin? However, it was just executed poorly. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions so that may have had to do with some of the problems I had with this, so bear that in mind. This is an extremely harsh scrub. Not necessarily in the scrubbing granules, but just the formula itself. It made my skin dry, rough, and there was a weird bumpy rash forming on my cheeks. I didn't associate it to this scrub at first because I was using a lot of new products (I know, bad idea when I have sensitive skin) but talked to an esthetician and she made the connection right away. So I stopped using it and within a week, my skin was better. I hated the formula, but I did like the fact it took off non-waterproof makeup, so I gave it two lippies. I don't recommend it, as it is the harshest thing I have ever used on my face, but perhaps it's just my sensitive skin and it will be fine for you. I say experiment, but be careful.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2015 9:11:00 AM More reviews by smokingcaramels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

In my skincare routine I use a salicylic acid wash in the morning and I bounce around Neutrogena's products. Firstly, the smell is amazing. It's a decent physical exfoliator. I don't find it too rough and I use it daily. I'm trying to transition to more gentle cleansers however. Some cons, this isn't cruelty free, the beads in it are harmful for the environment, and honestly? It's just ok as far as salicylic acid cleansers go. It's average as far as that is concerned.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2015 3:24:00 PM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smelled nice, but it did nothing for my skin. It helped take any excess makeup off though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2015 4:02:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

I used maybe 3 tubes of this in the past few years. I really love the scent! It smells so good and makes me happy when I use it. The beads a nice to help exfoliate your skin. However, I found that this product doesn't help improve my skin at all. It doesn't help with my acne prone skin or anything. I've stopped repurchasing this since it was just a waste of money. There are other Neutrogena face products out there that work a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I quite like this product! It's scent is awesome and it's affordable, only 4.50 where I purchase it from. I was looking for a weekly exfoliator and this is it. I learnt the hard way that I can't use it daily, it did break me out but twice weekly is wonderful. I prefer this to my Body Shop Vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by QueenAshe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This wash was super drying on my skin and the exfoliating beads were way too harsh; my skin was visibally dry after using it. It's a pretty average face wash and it works on me only if I use a lot of moisturizer after to counter the drying effect of the exfoliation. It smells really great and that's the best thing about this wash. It's probably better for people with oily skin, since it's super drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Ditty109

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this scrub along with the gel cleanser (which I absolutely hated) and I had high hopes for this product. It didn't really do anything for me and I was really disappointed as I actually thought it would do so,ething for my dry, acne-prone skin. The pair of them were my first Neutrogena products and they have put me off buying anything from their brand again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Leaves my oily skin feeling tight and clean, yet not dry. Foams up nicely. I mean it REALLY leaves my skin feeling clean. I have oily, Mediterranean skin which clogs easily and is not my strong point. Only problem is the intense smell - it does smell exactly like pink grapefruit (which is fine), but they have added fragrance to this, so it's not natural. Also too much Red coloring. Due to the crazy fragrance and dyes, I would not repurchase. I got a sample size of this in a GWP at Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this is a great scrub for those who have dry skin because of it gentle and small scrubbies thing lol. it actually exfoliates without the dry/too tight after feel.
unfortunately it gave me small bumps on my skin :(
fortunately it wasnt so expensive for me to throw away... unfortunately